Author Topic: CZ 75 SP-01 Manual Safety Tutorial Videos  (Read 99424 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

CZ 75 SP-01 Manual Safety Tutorial Videos
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:12:18 PM »
I've been making tutorial videos for the manual safety CZ 75's and CZ SP-01's. I have disassembly, assembly, and a couple explanation videos so far. I got some great feedback from members in another thread who have seen these. I hope these can add to the great tutorials on here and on YouTube. If they are helpful give them a thumbs up so more people on YouTube can find them when searching. And feel free to give feedback for future videos and subjects. I'm not a professional videographer, so I'll do my best to continue to improve quality with the equipment I have. Hope these help!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXTbIrAR76i20MrrKs45HbEgP3dwnE0MK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disassembly 
Disassembly 1 - Remove Slide

Disassembly 2 - Grips and Mainspring

Disassembly 3 - Safeties, Sear Cage, Detentes

Disassembly 4 - Hammer and Trigger Groups

Disassembly 5 - Slide Parts

Disassembly - CZ 75 B up to where it differs from Ambi versions

Sear Cage
Sear Cage Disassembly and Assembly

Sear Cage Assembly for Shadow Conversion

Assembly
Assembly 1 - Firing Pin

Assembly 2 - Trigger Bar Spring

Assembly 3 - Trigger and Trigger Bar

Assembly 4 - Hammer Group

Assembly 5 - Sear Cage Re-Install

How To's
How To - Fitting a Sear for CZC Competition and Cajun Gun Works Race Hammers

How To - Remove the Firing Pin Block System

How To - Single Action Only Conversion

How To - Replace or Upgrade the Front Sight

How To - Replace or Upgrade the Bushing

Explanations
Explanations - Polishing the Frame and Slide

Explanations - Single Action Only Conversion

Additional Info
Suggested Tools
The question has often been asked about recommended tools for pistol smithing projects on this forum. I started a thread with the list of what I use and other members have added fantastic recommendations! Here is the link:
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=87317.0

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:26:52 PM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Taco101

Re: CZ 75 SP-01 Manual Safety Tutorial Videos
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 08:30:48 PM »
Subscribed!  Thanks, man!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Subscribed!  Thanks, man!

You're welcome! Sorry I didn't get these out in time for your project.

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:12:40 AM »
I reviewed your videos a couple days ago, more as a refresher than anything, in preparation for the polish and mods on my new SP-01 Shadow.

You did a great job, and my gun just fall apart in my hands.

I am waiting on a few parts, so no big rush, so I spent quality time polishing internals on this rig tonight. More tomorrow.

Not my first one to do, but I have been on the P-07 and 9 for a while now, so getting back to the more complex lockwork makes me use the BRANE(brain)(brian, bryan  brad or whatever his name is just a tad more.

Thank you for your hard work! O0

Offline baldrage

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »
Sticky this!!!!!

Thanks, SP!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »
Glad these were helpful. It was tricky with a Gopro but I'm glad to hear they are making life easier!

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:28 PM »
Great videos!  My only suggestion would be a camera that could focus better closeup.  Thanks!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »
Great videos!  My only suggestion would be a camera that could focus better closeup.  Thanks!

Yeah.... I tried to round up a better video camera and couldn't get one. GoPro's are really good for certain things, just not these type of videos. Sorry I couldn't snag something better for you all.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32:51 AM »
I had recorded more content when I did everything I had just not gotten to editing it and uploading it. I uploaded a video on polishing the frame and slide. Working on editing and uploading some more, but figured I would share so people know it is there and more are coming.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 09:10:56 AM »
I made two videos about converting to Single Action Only. One is more just an explanation of what to do and how it works. The other actually walks through a conversion. I know this comes up pretty often on the forum so hopefully these can be a helpful reference.

The video just explaining Single Action Only conversion - (think high level explanation):

The video walking through the steps of converting to Single Action Only:

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
I figured it might be more helpful for the forum members if I just put the videos in the original post on the thread. Let me know if you all like that more or not.

Offline 808

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 09:55:17 PM »
Thank you for doing these. I have torn apart my Glocks and Sigs many times but I have to say that I was just a little intimidated by the CZ sear cage removal and disassembly in my recently acquired 75B. These videos are just what the doctor ordered.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 01:54:13 AM »
Thank you for doing these. I have torn apart my Glocks and Sigs many times but I have to say that I was just a little intimidated by the CZ sear cage removal and disassembly in my recently acquired 75B. These videos are just what the doctor ordered.

Glad they helped! Putting the sear cage back together for the videos led me to find the my trick for getting that little lifter arm back in place. Made the whole project worth it for me! But I hope these spare you the steeper leaner in curve I had.

Offline tothemax

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
Scarlett Pistol  Thank you for taking the time to make and post these!  They were hugely helpful to me.
Particularly the one on how to reassemble the sear cage.  Much appreciated! 

One can actually see what you are doing ... compared to so many other well intended folks who do not realize that are working off  camera of their hands are in the way of the camera all the time. 

Keep up the good work and keep them coming!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »
Scarlett Pistol  Thank you for taking the time to make and post these!  They were hugely helpful to me.
Particularly the one on how to reassemble the sear cage.  Much appreciated! 

One can actually see what you are doing ... compared to so many other well intended folks who do not realize that are working off  camera of their hands are in the way of the camera all the time. 

Keep up the good work and keep them coming!

Thanks and you're most welcome. I'm always glad to hear they are helpful. I'm in the middle of a remodel project on a rental property, but I have 4 or 5 videos that I've got filmed and just need to edit and upload. Should have them uploaded once this is done.