Author Topic: USPSA with SP-01 ..... not as good as last week....  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Taco101

USPSA with SP-01 ..... not as good as last week....
« on: February 04, 2017, 08:24:47 PM »
What was supposed to be 45-60 degree temps hovered around 38 for quite a bit of the match.  I shot my second match in production.  Still learning the gun and stage planning.  All that said, I had way too many penalties.  That knocked me way back today.  Still second in production, but down the field.  This match featured a ton of 20+ yard targets....some 22 and 25 yard targets were partially obscured by no shoots.  Hard cover at the 20 ate my lunch on one of the stages.  Great group, just a bit left...in hard cover.  All in all I think it was an awesome day.  My wife improved...and my son-in-law beat me!  Its his second match....  Makes me super happy to be shooting with family and friends!

Offline MontanaCZ

Re: USPSA with SP-01 ..... not as good as last week....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
Looking good! Work on those transitions in dry fire to pick up some speed.

Offline copemech

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:39:33 PM »
I just don't understand all I see in that? Does that gun run Cali 10 rd mags or do they force you to drop mags?

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:18:43 AM »
I just don't understand all I see in that? Does that gun run Cali 10 rd mags or do they force you to drop mags?

USPSA Production division only allows for 10 rounds in a magazine.  Same goes for Limited 10.

Carry Optics and Limited have a magazine length limit of 140mm, Open is 170mm, Revolver is 6 Major and 8 minor, Single Stack is 8 Major and 10 Minor.  Pistol Caliber Carbine division has no magazine limit.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:26 AM »
And a good rule of thumb is "if your feet are moving...RELOAD"
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline TNman

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »

USPSA Production division only allows for 10 rounds in a magazine.  Same goes for Limited 10.

Carry Optics and Limited have a magazine length limit of 140mm, Open is 170mm, Revolver is 6 Major and 8 minor, Single Stack is 8 Major and 10 Minor.  Pistol Caliber Carbine division has no magazine limit.
I shoot USPSA production limited and load all mags to the max. In IDPA there is a 10 round limit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »
I shoot USPSA production limited and load all mags to the max. In IDPA there is a 10 round limit.

Appendix D4-Production

9.  Maximum ammunition capacity.  Yes, maximum 10 rounds loaded in any magazine after the start signal

Appendix D2-Limited

8.  Maximum magazine length.  5.561? (141.25mm) or 6.742? (171.25mm) in single stack guns.

9.  Maximum ammunition capacity.  No.

Production is limited to 10 rounds.  Limited has no capacity limit, but has a maximum magazine length.  You can get 22+ rounds in a 140mm CZ 75B magazine with a basepad and spring/follower combination.  If you're shooting Production with fully loaded standard magazines, you should be shooting Limited.  If you're shooting Limited, you are fine.

Offline TNman

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 02:50:00 PM »

Appendix D4-Production

9.  Maximum ammunition capacity.  Yes, maximum 10 rounds loaded in any magazine after the start signal

Appendix D2-Limited

8.  Maximum magazine length.  5.561? (141.25mm) or 6.742? (171.25mm) in single stack guns.

9.  Maximum ammunition capacity.  No.

Production is limited to 10 rounds.  Limited has no capacity limit, but has a maximum magazine length.  You can get 22+ rounds in a 140mm CZ 75B magazine with a basepad and spring/follower combination.  If you're shooting Production with fully loaded standard magazines, you should be shooting Limited.  If you're shooting Limited, you are fine.
Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45