Author Topic: Tristar future?  (Read 1343 times)

Moken

Tristar future?
« on: March 16, 2018, 10:29:47 AM »
With Canik now having Canik USA pushing the TP9 (very fine pistol) are we gonna lose our CZ clones? I hope not.
Has anyone heard/seen anything? I know last year it seemed Tristar was in it for the long haul.

Offline darink300zx

Re: Tristar future?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »
Interesting, I wasn't aware that Canik USA was a thing.  I was just on their website and, at least for now, they are only showing the TP9 series there. If they do what SAR did and become the sole importer of their firearms, then yeah, Tristar would essentially be out.  Course, they may let Tristar continue importing the CZ based handguns and Canik USA will focus on the TP9 series?  I have heard or read nothing about this, just my thoughts. 

It definitely would be unfortunate if the imports of the CZ based imports were to cease, they are fine pistols.

Offline TripppleP

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Do you guys really think Tristar guns are going to dry up soon?

Moken

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
Dunno, I certainly hope not.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »

Do you guys really think Tristar guns are going to dry up soon?

Very doubtful.  It might make more sense to keep the Canik Metal Framed Hammer Fired series Pistol line and Canik Polymer Framed Striker Fired Series support, separate.
Also, TriStar carries quite a few other Firearms, notably Shotguns, which tells me they are in it for the long haul.
Also, were TriStar to fail, Canik USA would probably step up to bring the Cz Clone line in, so in reality, we are actually more secure in having the Canik Cz Clone line supported.
Even if Canik USA does expand to bring in the Cz Clone Line, the TriStar Pistols would probably still be supported by them.

My opinion is that the Canik line of TP series Striker Fired Pistols may have gotten too popular for Century Arms to handle, even though Century has contracted out that support.

I soooo love my Canik TP9V1!  :)

Canik 55 TP-9 with spare Mec-Gar Magazine. Advertised Magazine Capacity is 18 rounds.
Finish is Black PolyCoat.
Made in Turkey and modeled after the Walther P99 AS.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:34:13 PM by jwc007 »
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Moken

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 05:45:48 PM »
I know they are a fine pistols. I hope they keep up the hammer fired guns. I absolutely love ours. AND I WANT MORE!!!!! LOLOL

Offline DF_Hammack

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »
My best answer would be to look at CZ-USA... CZ has been making polymer frame guns of the same design as their metal framed guns, and shows no signs of stopping production of metal framed guns.

I think metal guns will be around for a while, just because a lot of people prefer them. For example, The CZ P-07 is now about the same price as the Tristar P-100 I carry. Visually they are very similar; functionally, they are virtually identical. If I had it to do over again, I would still buy the P100 because I just prefer an all steel pistol. Yeah, it's heavier, but once you're used to toting it around, you don't notice it anymore than anything else.

In Canik55's case, the CZ clones are a very successful line-up, and a completely different design from their poly frame, striker fired gun. The appeal is to an entirely different market. I would guess they'll keep producing them. Just look at the model variety from Ruger and Smith & Wesson...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:03:48 AM by DF_Hammack »
Tristar P100 - SAR B6P

Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American - Congressman Tenche Coxe, 1788

anything