Author Topic: Finger Placement and Grips-Double Action Pull  (Read 1212 times)

Offline dbarn

Finger Placement and Grips-Double Action Pull
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »
Are most folks using the first joint for double action pull on their CZs? Or are they using the pad or finger tip? Their seems to be two different schools of thought.

Also for those who use their CZ's in competition, do you find that the thin grips work better in relation to trigger finger placement, or the palm swell grips? Or does it matter.

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Finger Placement and Grips-Double Action Pull
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »
Both questions are answered by: depends upon user. Experiment and see what works for you.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »
Both questions are answered by: depends upon user. Experiment and see what works for you.

True.......that said, I don't shoot competitively but find the pad of the finger, not the tip, works best for me.......but I also have a fully adjustable trigger in addition to a RRK (reach reduction kit) from CGW to get it just right for me based on the grips I have on the gun........stock trigger setup isn't really best for too many folks, yeah it works but not optimally.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:06:09 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline dbarn

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:06:02 PM »
Having Tried both finger tip and first joint, my experience is that it seems more finger is better.

While dry firing I can watch my front sight move to one side using just the tip, but seem to get less movement using the first joint.

Just curious what others have experienced, but agree it's a subjective question.  :)

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:09:24 PM »
As a follow-up......main spring weight, and trigger return spring can help as well........basically an adjustable trigger job is what I'm getting at, is probably the best approach to get it suitable to YOU..... ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:11:15 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline dbarn

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 11:13:43 PM »
Can't find the write up but one author suggest using the first joint and that the finger should be at a 90 degree angle upon trigger break.

The position of the finger and how the trigger is pulled would seemingly have more effect on rapid shooting vs bulls eye type shooting.

Agree main spring and trigger spring will definitely help.

Offline benq

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15:28 PM »
The grip and finger placement that works well for me while shooting one-handed is what I use for two handed shooting; I use the first joint and thinner than stock rubber grips on my SP-01.  8)

Offline dbarn

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:17:53 PM »
The grip and finger placement that works well for me while shooting one-handed is what I use for two handed shooting; I use the first joint and thinner than stock rubber grips on my SP-01.  8)

It would almost seem that you would have to use thin grips to get the first joint on the pistol. But relative to hand size also.

Offline benq

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 11:37:04 PM »

It would almost seem that you would have to use thin grips to get the first joint on the pistol. But relative to hand size also.

Yes, it depends on hand size and finger length.  Stock grips don't affect my trigger pull I can still get the trigger behind my digit but the mag release is a challenge for my stubby thumbs. I have to shift my grip to really give it a good push.  I went with grips from http://lokgrips.com/

Offline mariachi

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 03:37:39 AM »
Grandmaster Ron Avery of The Tactical Performance Center said does
not much matter as long as the trigger is pulled straight back.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 10:36:21 PM »
Here's the read I'm talking about.

http://midwesttraininggroup.net/?page_id=206

Offline dbarn

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »

I'm now in complete agreement. Today put about 150 rds through initially alternating between finger tip/pad and first joint, and thin or thick grips. Interesting how this goes against how I've been trained over the past years on single action and striker fired weapons.

It really did not make much difference in slow fire, however double taps were significantly improved using the first joint with each pair more centered (as in hits) on a sheet of notebook paper at 10 yards. The grips are of course subjective to hand size, but thin grips allowed a more consistent finger placement of first joint for me. YMMV