Author Topic: cz trade ins? worth it?  (Read 2664 times)

Offline txshooteratx

Re: cz trade ins? worth it?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 09:12:34 PM »
I finally picked up my 75BD Police from my FFL/Gunsmith that I ordered from Buds. Gun was in pretty decent condition for "fair". It got a short trigger reset from CGW, and a nice Cerakote. I haven't made it to the range, but the gunsmith was able to fire a few rounds and said he thoroughly enjoyed shooting it. Hopefully I'll have a range report in the next few weeks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline sberres

Re: cz trade ins? worth it?
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:10 AM »
I decided to bite on one of the Buds poor condition surplus as a first project gun. The description indicated that function was assured but that was it. It is definitely tired looking, has badly worn/broken grips, some pitting, and not a stitch of finish remaining. It fired fine but the 15 rd mag that came with would not stay put. Front sight was loose but the thing otherwise ran well with my 16 rd mags. Internally the barrel looked great and it looked like it had a new transfer bar assy and mag release, maybe a new recoil spring.
  I don't want to do a restore or add a bunch of high performance mods, just some fixing and bluing to bring this poor, tired, ol dog back into a usable lineup. But honestly, it ran well enough I could've just left it alone as a shootable beater gun. But I've not usually been one to leave well enough alone.  ;)
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.
SB