Author Topic: Aimpoint - lower 1/3 cowitness, anyone?  (Read 4943 times)

Offline Vic8787

Re: Aimpoint - lower 1/3 cowitness, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
Yes it's a aimpoint LRP low mount. Its not a perfect Co-Witness but if my optic fails I'm still able to use my irons.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 05:48:28 PM »

What mount are you using?  I have an ADM Low Mount on my T1 and I can't see the irons.

I was doing a lot of web searches to try to find the answer and after perusing a thread on ARF the AD-T1-L was given as the answer to a lower co-witness with an Aimpoint type optic. 

And yours blocks the irons?

Offline ranastas

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
I have resided to just not cowittness, I do have my optic in a kinetic dev group mount that you can literally grab with one hand and disengage and remove simultaneously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bry4926

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 10:40:34 AM »
I have resided to just not cowittness, I do have my optic in a kinetic dev group mount that you can literally grab with one hand and disengage and remove simultaneously

That's what I did too ranastas, no cowitness. Bought an American Defense QD mount for my Vortex Razor. If battery dies and I'm battling zombies, just remove the QD and I can use the iron sights

Offline Fate

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »

What mount are you using?  I have an ADM Low Mount on my T1 and I can't see the irons.

I was doing a lot of web searches to try to find the answer and after perusing a thread on ARF the AD-T1-L was given as the answer to a lower co-witness with an Aimpoint type optic. 

And yours blocks the irons?
Yes it blocks the irons when placed on the last bit of the receiver section over the ejection port. If you mount it close to rear sight, the sights are barely visible. I like it further forward.