Author Topic: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact - 99021 & 99041  (Read 13426 times)

Offline 7Left

Re: List of Parts/Upgrades Available for SP-01 Compact
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »

That should work, although they don't have a picture. Do you know what front sight height you need? I ordered a slightly taller front sight since mine was shooting a little high with the factory front sight.

I don't know what front height I'll need. I'll try the DP set and see how it shoots. It should be good since the P-01 is the same length as the 'SP-01' compact.

Offline rhart

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 10:45:01 PM »

That should work, although they don't have a picture. Do you know what front sight height you need? I ordered a slightly taller front sight since mine was shooting a little high with the factory front sight.

I don't know what front height I'll need. I'll try the DP set and see how it shoots. It should be good since the P-01 is the same length as the 'SP-01' compact.

Does it shoot where you want it to right now with stock sights?
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline 7Left

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 11:58:55 PM »

Does it shoot where you want it to right now with stock sights?

It's been a few weeks since I shot it, but I don't recall it being off. I'll get a better evaluation this coming weekend.

Offline gnumadic

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 12:34:53 AM »
I just picked up one of these SP-01 Compacts, but am very new to CZs (bought two at once). I have already ordered some G10 grips and torx head screws. I plan to pick up a couple extra mags, as well as upgrade the factory sights sooner rather than later. Beyond that I am unsure. It seems from the forum posts that a lot of tinkering is done to CZs. However, this thing seems pretty sweet in stock form. Is it just the DA trigger pull/feel that people are trying to "fix," or is there more to it? And if you were going to prioritize the upgrades listed in this post, where would you start? Or said another way, what are the best bang for the buck modifications? Thanks!
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01) | CZ 550
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 01:00:36 AM »
I just picked up one of these SP-01 Compacts, but am very new to CZs (bought two at once). I have already ordered some G10 grips and torx head screws. I plan to pick up a couple extra mags, as well as upgrade the factory sights sooner rather than later. Beyond that I am unsure. It seems from the forum posts that a lot of tinkering is done to CZs. However, this thing seems pretty sweet in stock form. Is it just the DA trigger pull/feel that people are trying to "fix," or is there more to it? And if you were going to prioritize the upgrades listed in this post, where would you start? Or said another way, what are the best bang for the buck modifications? Thanks!

Funny you ask... I did this test and have since worked on 5 of these SP-01 Compacts. I think I answer your questions but check it out and let me know what I left unanswered for you.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83591.0

When you get to doing work, even if just polishing (which is absolutely required since it's so cheap and makes things so nice and smooth), here's some videos for taking it down and putting it back together.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85985.0

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline 7Left

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 02:01:37 AM »
I forgot to follow-up. I bought the Dawson Precision P-01 sights (FO front, blacked out rear) and they work. The sights are aligned just like the stock sights. If anything, they may be shooting slightly low, but it's such a tiny difference.

I bought the left side extended thumb safety from CGW. It required some minor fitting to clear the slide and to function properly. I thought I would like it, but it's so large that it interferes with my thumb when reaching for the slide stop lever. I went back to the slim thumb safety.

To answer the other question about modifying, I use the CGW Ultra-Lite kit to mostly reduce the DA pull and in turn, to ensure reliable ingition.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Offline Chydes35

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 03:20:53 AM »
Thanks for the information! Can't wait to turn my SP01 Compact into a unicorn tack driver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline gnumadic

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »

Funny you ask... I did this test and have since worked on 5 of these SP-01 Compacts. I think I answer your questions but check it out and let me know what I left unanswered for you.

When you get to doing work, even if just polishing (which is absolutely required since it's so cheap and makes things so nice and smooth), here's some videos for taking it down and putting it back together.

Thank you! That looks like it was a lot of work, but is very useful information. The "bang for the buck" cost seems reasonable and I think I'd be able to do those upgrades. I'm pretty handy and don't mind taking things apart, particularly if there are good tutorials available. But what I lack are specialized tools. Is there a basic gunsmith kit you'd recommend (punches, hammer, etc.)? Any other tools I'd need besides a polishing wheel? I do have a Dremel!  :)
CZ P-09 Suppressor Ready | CZ P-09 Kadet Kit | CZ 75 Compact w/Rail (i.e., compact SP-01) | CZ 550
--
“Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.” - Ron Paul

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 11:37:18 PM »

Thank you! That looks like it was a lot of work, but is very useful information. The "bang for the buck" cost seems reasonable and I think I'd be able to do those upgrades. I'm pretty handy and don't mind taking things apart, particularly if there are good tutorials available. But what I lack are specialized tools. Is there a basic gunsmith kit you'd recommend (punches, hammer, etc.)? Any other tools I'd need besides a polishing wheel? I do have a Dremel!  :)

Here's a thread with recommendations.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=87317.0

Just to be sure. Is your compact a decocker or safety?

Offline ireallydontknow

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 01:01:34 PM »
Hate to resurrect this thread, but has anyone had success with the standard SP-01 ambi safety on the 99021? With the standard rubber grips, which I prefer, I am having trouble accessing the thin safety. The thumb shelf on the grip blocks my thumb from a clean swipe, and I think a slightly protruding safety would help with that. I had the extended Shadow safety briefly, but that was returned for other reasons. I also found that it blocked access to the slide stop anyways...

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
Hate to resurrect this thread, but has anyone had success with the standard SP-01 ambi safety on the 99021? With the standard rubber grips, which I prefer, I am having trouble accessing the thin safety. The thumb shelf on the grip blocks my thumb from a clean swipe, and I think a slightly protruding safety would help with that. I had the extended Shadow safety briefly, but that was returned for other reasons. I also found that it blocked access to the slide stop anyways...

I have not and it would take a pretty good amount of modification of the safety bar to get it to work. I can go try and take some measurements tonight to see if the modifications would event produce a viable outcome.

You could use the Tactical Sport safety and remove material so the safety lever does not protrude as much.

Personally, I have been waiting on the Shadow 2 extended safeties to come into stock. CZ USA has them listed on their webstore and I signed up to be notified when they are back in stock. Even if these also require a little material removal, I think they will be much more ascetically appealing and fitting - compared to the squared shape of the Tac Sport safety.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/465423250012_Extended-Safety-Set-Shadow-2

Offline ireallydontknow

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 06:03:07 PM »
Are there two versions of that safety? I think I?m seeing one that has the same name, but is protruding much more.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »
I don't think there are two versions or the a Shadow 2 extended safety... At least I haven't heard that there are.

Offline Mccian

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 07:02:05 AM »
Thanks Scarlett, you are indeed a great source of info!
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 09:51:44 AM »
You're welcome and glad this is helpful. Enjoy your 99041!

anything