Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 17241 times)

Offline John_

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2018, 08:41:37 AM »
Is not the Shadow2 now allowed to compete in the IDPA?

Thought I read somewhere in all my very recent research on the Shadow2, the IDPA is now allowing the fat girl to play?  Yes/No?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2018, 10:38:31 AM »
ESP is still limited to 43 oz.

Offline John_

« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Thx. Not what I hoped to read.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

Offline Stojanovich

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
I'm not really much of a competition shooter anymore.  I do enjoy the occasional steel plate and bowling pin match on the weekends but, to me, the Shadow 2 is worth-it in many more ways than just an improved version of the original Shadow.  People who have never come within 20 miles of a pistol match are buying the Shadow 2 simply because it's fun, easy to shoot and ungodly accurate.  Combine that with the usual CZ ergonomics and the fact that it's 9mm (and still comparatively cheap to shoot), the Shadow 2's appeal is no surprise to me at all.  It's a winner.  It's just another CZ that people, like me, gotta add to their collections.

I held out for quite awhile to see if somebody would sell/trade one but, I have yet to see a used Shadow 2 anywhere in my local area and something told me to step-up while I still could.  And I did.  This new Shadow 2 is my 5th CZ pistol since 2016 and I'm sure it won't be my last.         
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:14:24 PM by Stojanovich »
CZ 75B Compact
CZ 75B Matte Stainless
CZ 75D PCR
CZ P-01 (2)
CZ Shadow 2 (2)
CZ Custom SP-01 Shadow Orange

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:09 PM »
I saw a couple of them at the gun show this morning.  One was just over $1100 and the other $100 cheaper (my son remarked on that so he must have been looking at them, he pointed out all three of the Tactical Sports we saw, too, so maybe he just noticing non-standard CZ's).

They are nice looking pistols, but I don't buy for looks.  I looked at them, too.  Then I wondered if they would shoot better groups (if I could shoot better groups) with one than my P09 9MM shoots.  I didn't believe that would be the case and that's what keeps me from buying one.

I did see an Urban Gray CZ75 Omega though.  I still want to bring one home with me so I had to walk away and not look back.  Again, nice looking, but I don't think it will outshoot the P09.  Pretty, pretty, pretty.  But that's not enough.  For me.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »
Having a CGW SP-01 Tactical, have to admit initially I was not all that impressed with the Shadow 2 and was having buyers remorse.

The accuracy was not all that great in mine and there was some creep in the single action mode. The front sight became loose. There are also a couple of casting flaws in the frame. This is a 2018 black grip version.

However, I'm glad I did not give up on it. Found slop in the barrel bushing (very thin) and replaced with the CGW 10X. Also hand polished the internals. Replaced the recoil spring with 11lb and found the stock chrome hammer spring worked best. All the front sight needed was to remove and reinstall the pin with the new bushing. Now rock solid. Also went with the new Shadow 2 thin bogies from LOK.

It's now one of my most accurate, smooth, and favorite handguns.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:51:19 AM by dbarn »

Offline Sango

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2018, 01:51:08 AM »
It’s definitely worth it in my opinion. It’s the finest firearm I’ve ever owned, right out of the box. I went to the range after buying it today, and already can’t wait to go back (going again tomorrow)

Anyone who is on the fence about making the plunge; go for it, you won’t regret it.
CZ TSO .40, CZ Shadow 2 Blk/Blue, CZ Shadow 2 Urban, CZ Scorpion Evo 3 Pistol,  CZ 97 BD .45, CZ SP01, CZ P07 Tactical Urban Grey, CZ P07 Black Tactical, CZ 75 B Polished SS, CZ P01 Polished SS, CZ P09, CZ RAMI D, S&W M&P SII 556 -Furniture/VFG in FDE, DPMS TPR 556, S&W SW22 Victory, FN 5.7, Sig 357

Offline rhart

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2018, 05:50:36 AM »
The S2 is about the only pistol I shoot since I bought it. It stays in my range bag along with my Kadet kit on a CZ 85 frame. Sometimes I don't even shoot the Kadet - just the S2. Lately I've been trying to force myself to shoot other guns and so I put my all steel railed CZ compact in the bag as well.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline photog22740

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »
I just got mine today, so I haven't fired it.  HOWEVER, I have never held a pistol that fits the hand better, points more naturally, and has better balance.  And, on top of that, it's just stunningly beautiful.  Photos don't begin to give it justice.  I'm thinking if i only could have one pistol, this would be it. 

Offline John_

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
I picked up my new S2 Tuesday from my FFL. Ran ~250 rounds thru it the next morning. Not a single issue. My first CZ, the S2 is the finest pistol i have owned in 25 years. Fit, finish, execution, and accuracy are all superb. It is a masterpiece.

This morning I ordered reduced power hammer spring, RP trigger return spring, xtended FP and spring, hardened and polished trigger pin, all CGW parts. Plan is new parts and polish certain components. Primary objective is to reduce that 10# DA pull to something more manageable. SA pull is fine as it is.