Author Topic: Shadow2 - Worth It?  (Read 27905 times)

Offline FightClub

Re: Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
Is it worth it? I picked up mine today, so maybe I'm not yet well qualified to comment. And all I have to compare it to is my SP-01 Tactical. And P-01. And Compact. And a RAMI and P-07 from the past. It's certainly far more capable than I am, and I feel like over time, I'll rise to its level. No regrets at all.

Offline Ferris13

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2017, 11:14:02 PM »
Have the original shadow and just recently purchased the shadow 2.  For me it?s absolutely been worth it.  Love my Shadow but only complaint was the size of the grip felt small from front to back strap.  The slightly bigger grip along with the aggressive checkering really locks my grip in place. 

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2017, 12:03:53 AM »
Just picked up a Shadow 2 today, no target included in mine.

Offline FightClub

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
Make your own target. ;)

Offline Zigzag

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2018, 06:11:26 PM »
I got my S2 about a month ago and REALLY like it. I saw a story about them several months ago and really wanted to check one out and when I did out came the credit card lol.it makes my look like a much better shooter than I am this is my first CZ and it's definitely a keeper. I'll be gland when winters over so I can get to the range more

Offline chenjeffus

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2018, 03:01:00 AM »
I got my S 2 while back. while I am loving this gun, but it is not allow for IDPA because of its weight.   $880 for shadow 1 is very very good deal.   I don't think we can never find deal like that again. 

Offline kmanick

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2018, 09:37:32 PM »
I took delivery of my shadow 2 last Friday. My very first CZ.
No test target in mine either.
This is my first DA/SA gun , I have been a predominantly M&P, H&K, "guy", and I must say this
is the most accurate and fun gun to shoot out of the box I've ever had the pleasure of owning.
getting some LOK palm swells delivered on Friday and am good to go.
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline JLla84

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2018, 09:20:22 AM »
Just shot my Shadow 2 for the first time, wow...

an absolute yes, totally worth it... im blown away.
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline rhart

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
I've got close to 3,000 flawless rounds through my S2 at this point and I have no regrets about spending the money.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 11:11:56 PM »
It took me a bit to get my hand used to the grip and the more 'raked' pointing angle.  It feels like a different gun altogether than an SP-01 or any CZ75-based pistol that I'm more familiar with, and I find that I prefer narrower grips on it rather than fuller ones on an SP-01. Probably because the Shadow 2's grip feels longer from-to-back.  Actually started having a little buyer's remorse, as there was a bit of an 'ergonomic learning curve', if you will.

But man, once I started shooting it and the sights just fell back on the spot so quickly and easily, there was no question it was worth it.  Rather than a 'production' gun, this is my steel/plates gun for which I think a more 'target-style' pistol excels.  But it also draws really well and gets on target fast.  I love it and just got it converted to SAO with an Armory Craft trigger.  The Shadow 2 has been one of my best pistol purchases, could not be happier with it.

Offline rhart

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2018, 03:13:34 AM »
It took me a bit to get my hand used to the grip and the more 'raked' pointing angle.  It feels like a different gun altogether than an SP-01 or any CZ75-based pistol that I'm more familiar with, and I find that I prefer narrower grips on it rather than fuller ones on an SP-01. Probably because the Shadow 2's grip feels longer from-to-back.  Actually started having a little buyer's remorse, as there was a bit of an 'ergonomic learning curve', if you will.

But man, once I started shooting it and the sights just fell back on the spot so quickly and easily, there was no question it was worth it.  Rather than a 'production' gun, this is my steel/plates gun for which I think a more 'target-style' pistol excels.  But it also draws really well and gets on target fast.  I love it and just got it converted to SAO with an Armory Craft trigger.  The Shadow 2 has been one of my best pistol purchases, could not be happier with it.

Interesting grips - you like them?
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »

Interesting grips - you like them?
I do very much, as they have some swell/contour in the palm area unlike the thin/flat stock ones, and the checkering has very good grip.  LOK Palm Swells feel good too, but I like those better on my SP-01.  I have another set of of funky aluminum grips coming in from overseas just to try, made by M-Arms, and they are flat but thicker, but they'd have to be pretty great to replace these.

Offline SigWolf

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2018, 10:42:12 AM »
The Shadow 2 I recently purchased new did not come with a test target. The TS I bought used did.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Shadow2 - Worth It?
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2018, 01:47:02 PM »
Did you look under the foam in the top of the lid?
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline colt45acp

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2018, 05:44:54 AM »
In the past I've already owned several SP01s, and last year I rushed to get the SHADOW 2.
In my opinion it's a great pistol, heavier than the SP01 and absolutely steady when shooting;   I did not like the rear slide serrations too small and unpractical to grab.
Sergio

Learning is impossible without humility.