Author Topic: CZC smoothed hammer strut  (Read 7839 times)

Offline B_RAD

CZC smoothed hammer strut
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
Noticed that my Accushadow has a nicely smoothed hammer strut. It's not just polished. It's been rounded and then polished. 

I really think that helps with the smoothness of the overall DA pull.

Or is that just in my head?

Offline Tok36

Re: CZC smoothed hammer strut
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:34:37 PM »
I completely rounded one of mine out recently while i was working on the DA of my SP-01. As you mentioned it is tough to tell where the smoothness is coming from or if fully rounding out the strut makes it smoother. I have a few where just the corners removed from the strut and they seam really smooth as well. It certainly dose not do any harm.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 11:47:07 PM »
Can either of you gentlemen post a pic showing the "rounding"?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:44:36 AM »
Aas a side note, i worked in a punch press shop for a while, you can tell by looking closely at the factory hammer struts that they are a stamped part. They are uneven from one side to the other. The metal stamping process can create an odd edge on one side because the part is cut with a die under great pressure, this is sometimes called breakage. Parts cut with lasers or water jets do not look the same and usually have cleaner edges from what i have seen.

Factory hammer strut. If i remember correctly this was the side with the cleaner edge.

This is the fully rounded out one, polished on all sides and some rounding of the corners. It is not quite to the point of being fully cylindrical. It is tough to get a good picture after polishing to this point due to the reflection.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:34:20 PM by Tok36 »

Offline B_RAD

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
I'll try to take a pic tonight.

I'm. It saying mine was rounded from the factory. It looks like CZC did some work on it.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »
Wow. Those are really polished. Gotta do that with my S2.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Thanks TOK,  that's beautiful.  It decreases the area of surface contact with the frame and reduces friction.  Just a skosh of oil and that's a "slippery"  slider.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 06:51:03 PM »
I'll try to take a pic tonight.

I'm. It saying mine was rounded from the factory. It looks like CZC did some work on it.

I am interested to see the CZC strut if you get a shot of it.

Thanks TOK,  that's beautiful.  It decreases the area of surface contact with the frame and reduces friction.  Just a skosh of oil and that's a "slippery"  slider.

Gladly. I am unclear how far they really need to be taken. Some of the work on this one may have been overkill. I certainly have CZs that feel just as smooth that have allot less polishing than the one pictured. Every CZ is a little different.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 06:56:26 PM by Tok36 »

Offline rhart

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »
I do that to mine so the strut won't hang up on the hammer spring coils. Not sure if it really helps, but I think Atlas recommended it so I do it.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
I noticed, a few months back, that one of my CZ's made a series of clicking noises when thumb cocking the hammer, as the hammer neared full cock.  With my ear to the gun I could tell it was at the back of the frame.

Hammer spring coils "skipping" past rough spots on the hammer strut/spring guide.

Since then I've started polishing the corners of the hammer spring guides when I take one apart.

Not sure if the corners "wear" the inside of the spring coils or not, over time.

Not sure how much it actually would decrease double action trigger pull, if any, but it just seems like it would be a good idea.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline B_RAD

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
Look at this!  Smoooooooth 8)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »
^^^^^^^  I do this too.

Offline rhart

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 06:19:48 AM »
I noticed, a few months back, that one of my CZ's made a series of clicking noises when thumb cocking the hammer, as the hammer neared full cock.  With my ear to the gun I could tell it was at the back of the frame.

Hammer spring coils "skipping" past rough spots on the hammer strut/spring guide.

Since then I've started polishing the corners of the hammer spring guides when I take one apart.

Not sure if the corners "wear" the inside of the spring coils or not, over time.

Not sure how much it actually would decrease double action trigger pull, if any, but it just seems like it would be a good idea.

I remember that post. I believe I was the one who suggested it might be the hammer strut needed smoothing. If not, I'll always think it should have been me... ;D
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »

I remember that post. I believe I was the one who suggested it might be the hammer strut needed smoothing. If not, I'll always think it should have been me... ;D

You may be right.  Every little bit helps.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline rich63

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 09:15:18 AM »
As schmeky once told me over the phone "everything is cumulative"

rich63

anything