Author Topic: How to make your Scorpion Carbine California compliant  (Read 42837 times)

Offline SouthernScorp

Re: How to make your Scorpion Carbine California compliant
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »
Yes that is right. If you read Fate's comments you realize how backwards the legislators are. Basically they want to ban every guns and rifles by classify them as AW.
"Glad that it has now been made safe compared to the dangerous baby killing machine it was when it wore a pistol grip and bullet button because dropping mags with your finger is not only faster but safer too than using a tool."

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Everything gun related in california is backwards. Look at all the anti-gun actors out there like Schwarzenegger and bruce willis who made hundreds of millions off guns yet claim to be anti gun. How boring would commando, terminators, or predator and die hards have been without. Although it would have been quite commical  to see arnold struggling with bullet buttons and sausage fingers
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 10:37:46 PM »
"Someone give me a bullet, I cannot hit this button with my oversized fingahs!"

Offline b10001

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 03:19:43 AM »
That is very weird.... :o  But with that setup it can still use a regular mag release and standard, albeit 10 round magazines?

You are correct, and this is the major point. New California proposed rules no longer recognize bullet button solution as "non-detachable" magazine; effective 01/2017  bullet button rifle with evil features becomes an assault rifle that requires registration. It would be logical to think that if you register your gun as an assault rifle then presence of bullet button and/or the number of evil features should not make any difference for the legal status of the gun. Unfortunately,  it is not true: registration conditions  do not allow you to change release mechanism (i.e remove bullet button). In order to register the gun you should keep it in the same configuration as of the moment of purchase and you cannot modify it after registration (you have to provide pictures of the gun).
If you go featureless you can use normal mag release.

By the way, you said "That is very weird...". Sure, however, it is surprisingly convenient.

With gen 3 Thordsen stock coming in June it will look better. It is not a Scorpion on the picture below, but one can get an idea.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 03:47:42 AM »
I guess it just looks weird to me because I know what the normal one looks like. I remember seeing the Areas "featureless" AR, and it actually looked pretty good. I really hope you guys can get some of those idiots laws overturned with the NRA/CalNRA lawsuits going through!

Offline FightClub

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 10:16:10 PM »
Wow, y'all must be super safe and crime-free in California, what with all those gun laws which surely keep them out of the hands of criminals.

I really don't miss living there. Here in Utah, if you want to conceal carry a full-auto sub-gun, that's cool. We've got a place that's had belt-fed .308 machine guns for sale too. But you can forget about ordering a beer without ordering food. That's against the law.  :o

Offline b10001

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 03:19:20 AM »

Thordsen stock gen 3 on CZ Scorpion

Offline romukom

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »
looking good considering what we have to do.

Offline TonyB-PCR

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »
Seems more appropriate to revive this 6+ month thread than start a new one on the very same topic...

Being a Californian "this" has been on my list to address for some time now.  Back from travel (again), and before I leave in late Feb, I want to make my Scorpion featureless.  Any new offerings for us?

Thanks much.
Bay Area, CA - USA

anything