Author Topic: CGW or CZ Customs?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline james.c.wiseman

CGW or CZ Customs?
« on: April 14, 2017, 07:01:08 AM »
I am considering a Pro Package type trigger job for my SP-01. Has anyone had any BAD experiences with either of these companies as far as long waits, lost parts, etc?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

Re: CGW or CZ Customs?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:39:57 AM »
I bet you can find someone who has had a bad experience.  But you can find 100's that have had excellent service, turnarounds, quality of work from both shops.  I've done a lot more business with CGW myself, but both are excellent, judging from the reports here over the last 5 years.  I would talk to each shop about what you want done and choose the one that can meet your schedule and pricing requirements.  Both shops have a backlog, I think, and get stacked up with work from time to time. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 09:34:35 AM »
I bet you can find someone who has had a bad experience.  But you can find 100's that have had excellent service, turnarounds, quality of work from both shops.  I've done a lot more business with CGW myself, but both are excellent, judging from the reports here over the last 5 years.  I would talk to each shop about what you want done and choose the one that can meet your schedule and pricing requirements.  Both shops have a backlog, I think, and get stacked up with work from time to time. 

Joe
Completely agree. 
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:19 AM »
From my personal experiences, David and Scott at CGW will take extremely good care of you and they completely stand behind their product and service. 

Plus they are super nice and friendly folks. :)
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline coolbox

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:36:03 AM »
As mentioned above, both are excellent. 6 of one and half dozen of the other sort of scenario.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline james.c.wiseman

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:11 AM »
Thank you guys for the info

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline TruckinThumper

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 10:56:14 AM »
From my personal experiences, David and Scott at CGW will take extremely good care of you and they completely stand behind their product and service. 

Plus they are super nice and friendly folks. :)

this is pretty much an understatement  ;D

Offline IamArmed

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
Just being realistic here.  i always read revieiws before i purchase a firearm or accessories.  Having siad that if I listened to the naysayers I would never purchase any firearm and that includes Glock or CZ.  If i listen to those who constantly praise i would not know which product to purchase as they are all supposed to be wonderful.  Again let's be realistic.  Most firearms today from any well known manufacturer is going to function and go bang when you pull the trigger.  if they were as bad as the naysayers claim it would seem that when you purchase it and use it a few times it is sure not to work and is nothing but worthless junk.  Seriously how long do you believe any company could stay in business if their products just did not function.  Definitely some are better than others.  But when reading reviews from some it sounds like that if you purchase said item it is just not going to work and you are doomed. I don't believe that for a minute. 

Take care of your firearms and they will take care of you.  Yes a Glock an a CZ are probably going to last longer than a Kel Tec.  However when you pull the trigger on the Glock, CZ, or Kel Tec or  God do forbid a Taurus the chances that they are going to go bang and do their job is probably  99.999%  However if you have just fallen off a 200 foot cliff into a pit of quick sand or you and the gun have just been dragged for two miles over rough terrain and the gun is now full of dirt and grit and water I give the edge to the Glock or CZ. 

Now having said all that, I own 1 CZ (just found these gems) 3 Glocks, 1 Taurus and one Kel Tec and 2 Rugers.  I maintain (nothing elaborate just normal maintainance) all of them and would trust all of them to go bang  when needed.  Just my opinion on this and we all know about opinions.

Offline Joe Allen

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 02:47:35 PM »
there's only one right answer....

One of each!

Offline Performify

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »
Both are excellent and you can't go wrong with either.  I love that both are options available to us.  They are both world-class.

CGW is in my personal opinion the better value, if you have reasonable patience and expectations.
CZC is better if you're willing to pay a bit of a premium for a faster turn.

CGW has a slight to moderate edge in price depending on the gun and options. 10%-20% better in some cases.

CGW has a slight edge in friendliness and customer support.  Both are excellent, but CGW was enthusiastic about earning my business whereas CZC was happy to help and took good care of me, but didn't seem to "care" as much if that makes sense.  This judgement is definitely made on a small sample size of a couple phone conversations with each shop.... but definite edge to CGW here.

CZC has a moderate to significant edge in production capacity / timeline.  Faster to get your gun done, and more likely to find new stock available (they have stock to ship to dealers occasionally and have custom guns in stock on their website frequently).

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:25:36 PM by Performify »

Offline cz1969

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:03 PM »
I have had great experiences with both. They are all great folks.

Offline Kisssofdeath

• Live today as if it was your last day.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 01:09:25 AM »
Sometimes it boils down to who has what you need in stock, or at all.
Thanks,
Tim

If you know how many guns you have ...you don't have enough.