Author Topic: CZ550 UHR 300 Win Mag reviews  (Read 782 times)

Offline DaveVLam

CZ550 UHR 300 Win Mag reviews
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:42:33 AM »
Does anyone have a 550 UHR with some feedback? Not much out there and it's been on my wish list after holding 2 that sold quickly.  Would be nice to be able to swap out my Swarovski BRX from my 550 Varmint Laminate to that with the same dovetail mount. Thanks!

Offline colorado68

Re: CZ550 UHR 300 Win Mag reviews
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:27:43 PM »
Hi,
New member here, and acknowledge this is a rather dated post, but wanted to respond.

I have had the UHR for several years. It's guaranteed MOA to 600 yrds. and it fulfills that promise.
Shoot Hornady 180 gr. Superformance SST with a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS and the UHR550 Rings (which are awesome)

The rifle can shoot!
Have taken several animals with this at extended ranges (+300 yds) and have no issues with one shot kills.

Finish is professional medium + quality, wood stock is average. Action is a little rough (being new), weight is heavy, accuracy is A++
Overall I'd give this rifle an A-.
The plus would be to lighten the weight with synthetic options.
I wouldn't use this for bench rest competition, rather a consistent three - four shot  hunting rifle w/moa accuracy from a cold barrel to 600 yds.

Cons - it's heavy. At 8+lbs. Add a scope, sling and maybe a bipod, it's a chore to haul, especially at elevation where I hunt.

Pros- super accurate, reliable and doesn't express barrel warp (heat) with less than four quick shots.

If they offered a lighter weight stock, I'd use it for my all my hunting situations. 300 WM is very versatile

Michigunner

Re: CZ550 UHR 300 Win Mag reviews
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
Hopefully OP got a 550 UHR.  From the sound of it CZ has discontinued them and the few that I've seen new are only on Gunbroker, and those were going for way over MSRP.