Author Topic: Single Stack DA/SA Decocker that CZ should make  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Vinny

Single Stack DA/SA Decocker that CZ should make
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »
CZ is known for the best-ever DA/SA Hammer-fired decockers. So what's the natural progression from CZ P-09 to CZ P-07 to.....A CZ sub-compact single-stack hammer-fired DA/SA decocker?? 

Springfield may be stealing CZ's thunder:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xde-features

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
Re: Single Stack DA/SA Decocker that CZ should make
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »
Jeremy S. Has a video on YouTube from the NRA Show.  I'd post it here but links from my phone don't come through.

Offline Performify

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 12:49:46 PM »
Jeremy S. Has a video on YouTube from the NRA Show.  I'd post it here but links from my phone don't come through.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/04/jeremy-s/new-springfield-armory-xd-e-hammer-reinvented/

Offline Vinny

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »
The bore axis on the XD-e Springfield looks rather high; and as I would suspect; the video shows a lot of muzzle flip.
We'll have to await reviews of this product; but it appears they could bob the hammer and move the grip up some. It sure does look top-heavy.  I'd love to see a review comparing the XD-e to old compact S&W CS9 and/or 3913. 

I love my CZ's but for now my Summer carry is a micro-9 Sig 290rs (with the 8+1 ext. mag) that fits pocket holster in cargo shorts. It's bobbed hammer-fired but DAO with a very long reset. Replaced a J-frame wheel-gun so at least a big improvement in # of rounds and tritium sights yet still small and light.

I'm sure CZ could do a much better job; if they ever decide to do a single stack DA/SA.

"Carpe Diem"

Offline Triax60

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
A single stack, hammer fired 9mm carry pistol from CZ would be great. I considered the RAMI but it's still a bit big. I recently purchased a Sig P238 HD Nickel, all steel, to pocket carry. It would be nice to have a P938 but I prefer steel and Sig does not make that series in HD.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »
This is something that I would pick up for my shop just to experiment with ,overall it does not look like a bad design. For me I would half to spend some quality shooting time with it to formulate a opinion one way or the other. Most likely to be some where in the $400 range when it hits the street.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline gregma

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »
Would sure replace my two S&W 3913's!  Single stack steel decocker compact or subcompact.

-Greg

Offline deadduck357

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 07:32:37 PM »
XDe

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
Kinda looks like a Hi-Point, but I think it will shoot and function great. I carry a 3.3 9mm xds and no complaints, killer shooter too.

Offline roadrunner1

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »
I think it looks like cross between a Hi-Point and a PPS.   CZ pay attention please, this is what all us CZ fanboys are wanting.

Offline muggia59

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 05:17:31 AM »
Been looking for something along these lines for a long time. High bore axis does not bother me. If it proves to be reliable and affordable, I will be getting one. I like the location of the safety/decoker. Not on the slide.
CZ SP01 Tactical, CZ SP01 Phantom, CZ P07, CZP01, CZCadet kit, CZ Scorpion EVO S1.

Offline Independent George

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »
The problem with the XDE is that it's 6.75" long by 5" tall and 25 oz - that's way too big and heavy for an EDC for me. The most likely reason it's that big is to score enough points with the ATF to be imported - a hurdle that CZ would face as well.

By contrast, my PM9 is 5.42" long by 4" tall and 16 ounces with the mag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline Vinny

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
Indy George,
PM-9, great choice. Made in USA. 4" height is with 6 round mag?

Is there a restriction on imported micro 9's? Beretta NANO, Glock 43?

My hammer-fired Sig 290rs is almost identical size to Kahr PM/CM-9, also US made; but 4 oz heavier.
Almost bought the Kahr but Bud's had the Sig @$399 with night sights. Would prefer a CZ micro-9 DA/SA though.  8)
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Independent George

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 04:20:13 PM »
Beretta, Glock, and Sig all have factories in the US.

The Sig 290 was on my short list when I was evaluating carry options, but I preferred the PM9 trigger (actually, I was looking for a CM9, but scored a phenomenal deal on the PM9 on Gunbroker). If they could have put the 250 trigger into the 290 body, I might have gone with the Sig.

Yes, the 4" height is with the 6 round mag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

anything