Author Topic: Shadow2 Accuracy  (Read 7121 times)

Offline spiritfox

Re: Shadow2 Accuracy
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

What holster are you using?
I have a few holsters for my Shadow 2.  Mostly because I initially had trouble finding one.  So now I have 3.  BladeTech (which I used for Steel Challenge) Red Hill Tactical and Double Alpha Academy IDPA PDR-Pro II. 

Offline rhart

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 10:38:36 AM »
I seriously don't understand how you get those groups!

It's easy. Steady hold and no movement of the gun due to pulling the trigger.  I have learned to do it 70% of the time.  It's the remaining 30% that I'm still working on.   :) :)

Here is the statistical aberration shooting my worn out and filthy Kadet, 25 yards, standing, single hand that I go back and look at every time I conclude it has to be impossible to put 10 shots in the 10 ring (much less the x) every day, regardless of politics, world news, back pain, bad ammo, dirty guns, poor attitude, lack of focus, wrong shoes, and bad weather. 

Joe

Wow, that's an excellent idea. A reality check by referencing what's possible based on previous results one has obtained. I'm going to try that.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline rhart

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 10:40:09 AM »
So something from an average (optimistic?) shooter.  Shot Steel Challenge Saturday with my Shadow 2. Been shooting since December with less than spectacular results.  Was wondering if I was ever going to feel good about my performance.  Took over 3 minutes off my total time, so for me the Shadow is a great confidence builder.

What holster are you using?
I have a few holsters for my Shadow 2.  Mostly because I initially had trouble finding one.  So now I have 3.  BladeTech (which I used for Steel Challenge) Red Hill Tactical and Double Alpha Academy IDPA PDR-Pro II.

Thanks for the info.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
I definitely do much better with the Kadet, but I guess my hands just aren't super steady :( I know that my accuracy seems to be better with certain target types. Whenever I try to shoot blacked out targets I tend to have big groups.

Offline rhart

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
I definitely do much better with the Kadet, but I guess my hands just aren't super steady :( I know that my accuracy seems to be better with certain target types. Whenever I try to shoot blacked out targets I tend to have big groups.

I've noticed that I shoot certain color targets better than others as well. I have also noticed that the bigger the target, the bigger the groups. I guess there is something to that phrase "aim small, miss small" after all. Of course the targets have to be of a size my eyes can see fairly well at the distance I'm shooting.
Musashi:

anything