Author Topic: RMR question, who to go with  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Edward_Teach

Re: RMR question, who to go with
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »
Next would be save those dollars and will be sending the gun to CGW and have them work that magic on the trigger and what not

If you are handy at all it isn't difficult to install the CGW parts yourself. I had always sent my steel-framed CZs to David cause I was intimidated by the thought of having to deal with the sear cage but on the Omega guns  it is surprisingly easy - especially given The great walkthrough vids on YouTube by Joe L and others.

I elected not to do any polishing, preferring to let the parts wear in naturally. I'd be the guy that accidentally overpolished LOL

Anyway, just food for thought.

Oh I'm sure i could do the work, I've done all the mods on my G17 (grip chop and trigger swap and other stuff) but when it comes to polishing I know I'll get either lazy or go overboard
Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 02:36:19 PM »
Next would be save those dollars and will be sending the gun to CGW and have them work that magic on the trigger and what not

If you are handy at all it isn't difficult to install the CGW parts yourself. I had always sent my steel-framed CZs to David cause I was intimidated by the thought of having to deal with the sear cage but on the Omega guns  it is surprisingly easy - especially given The great walkthrough vids on YouTube by Joe L and others.

I elected not to do any polishing, preferring to let the parts wear in naturally. I'd be the guy that accidentally overpolished LOL

Oh I'm sure i could do the work, I've done all the mods on my G17 (grip chop and trigger swap and other stuff) but when it comes to polishing I know I'll get either lazy or go overboard
, when it comes to polishing taking apart and just take off the rough edges and smooth at all with a felt wheel and some Polish compound. you're not going to go too far if you just take it easy, but you want to get rid of those rough edges that's what makes it gritty.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »

, when it comes to polishing taking apart and just take off the rough edges and smooth at all with a felt wheel and some Polish compound. you're not going to go too far if you just take it easy, but you want to get rid of those rough edges that's what makes it gritty.

I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it just fine, but I'm sure they could do the work a whole lot better
Glock Gen 5

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
Heck, if you got the money then send it to them. Especially if you're going into competition with it.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 05:04:24 PM »
Yeah - if you plan to polish, send it. They do a phenomenal job :)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:47 AM »
Well it finally came in, my RMR RM07, next step sending it out (hopefully this week, early next at the latest) to get it milled and suppressor height sights added on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:34:39 AM by Edward_Teach »
Glock Gen 5

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 01:50:57 PM »
How does one get hold of Primary : I've emailed and Facebook Messaged to no avail. I also don't see where their site lists they do CZ Slide and or mill for anything besides an RMR.  Lets face it compared to Vortex and Deltapoint's ,RMR vision wise suck .  Rear sights are need on an EDC but not on a Competition Gun.

What email did you use? I literally reply to every single email I get within a matter of an hour or two. Same with FB messenger.

Offline Rick53

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »
How does one get hold of Primary : I've emailed and Facebook Messaged to no avail. I also don't see where their site lists they do CZ Slide and or mill for anything besides an RMR.  Lets face it compared to Vortex and Deltapoint's ,RMR vision wise suck .  Rear sights are need on an EDC but not on a Competition Gun.

What email did you use? I literally reply to every single email I get within a matter of an hour or two. Same with FB messenger.
I used google search to find you based on the name used here : Then I sent a message thru Facebook telling you I lived in West Michigan asking if you could do a slide for a DP pro on a P-09 . I sent it May 10th . When I went to find it on FB just now . The message is there but the name sent to has been changed to USER ID: So I went back to your webpage and clicked the Find us on FB link. It says your page may be removed or broken ?? So obviously you never got it due to  FaceBook. Have you checked your FB link lately: Not working like it was when I sent message:  I also know I sent you a PM here : Oddly it doesn't show I did . But I know I did because I copied and pasted what I sent you on facebook from the message I sent from here: CHECK IT OUT: https://www.facebook.com/rainingbrassccw
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:31:32 PM by Rick53 »

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:25 PM »

I used google search to find you based on the name used here : Then I sent a message thru Facebook telling you I lived in West Michigan asking if you could do a slide for a DP pro on a P-09 . I sent it May 10th . When I went to find it on FB just now . The message is there but the name sent to has been changed to USER ID: So I went back to your webpage and clicked the Find us on FB link. It says your page may be removed or broken ?? So obviously you never got it due to  FaceBook. Have you checked your FB link lately: Not working like it was when I sent message:  I also know I sent you a PM here : Oddly it doesn't show I did . But I know I did because I copied and pasted what I sent you on facebook from the message I sent from here: CHECK IT OUT: https://www.facebook.com/rainingbrassccw

Not sure what level your google-fu is but I found their website in like 2 clicks, sbss their Facebook page is the first thing that came up with the seaech option

With that being said hope to get my slide out this week or very early next,  just trying to figure out what color combo I want to go with for the battleworn
Glock Gen 5

Offline Rick53

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 10:11:04 AM »

Not sure what level your google-fu is but I found their website in like 2 clicks, sbss their Facebook page is the first thing that came up with the seaech option

With that being said hope to get my slide out this week or very early next,  just trying to figure out what color combo I want to go with for the battleworn
What is the wait time?  I have mostly RMR's but after buying a deltapoint Pro there's no comparison in how much faster it is to target acquisition

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 11:08:42 PM »

What is the wait time?  I have mostly RMR's but after buying a deltapoint Pro there's no comparison in how much faster it is to target acquisition
We're at 2-3 weeks right now.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

Hm, weird. We get loads of Facebook messages daily. As far as messages here go, I unfortunately don't have a fraction of the time I used to to log in here and check them sadly. Best bet is the contact us form on our website. That goes directly to email which, like I said, I literally answer within an hour or two for roughly ~16 hours a day. Lol

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2017, 01:58:24 PM »
Woke up today with a text showing my slide finished and shipped. Should be here on Friday

Glock Gen 5

Offline Rick53

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »
Woke up today with a text showing my slide finished and shipped. Should be here on Friday

Looks good : Appears it took about 4 weeks total. Not toooooooooooo bad . Wonder if that can be done with the Delta Point Pro

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Looks good : Appears it took about 4 weeks total. Not toooooooooooo bad . Wonder if that can be done with the Delta Point Pro

Bit misleading on time,  it took me a little longer to send out then planned.  Fire 4 Effect received my slide and stuff on June 20th, shipped July 3rd
Glock Gen 5