Author Topic: Why its time to repeal the Second Ammendment........  (Read 6411 times)

CZ Aficionado

Why its time to repeal the Second Ammendment........
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »
Okay, to start I totally disagree with the subject of this thread.......just wanted to have an attention getter so some folks would look at this.  I post this link only as a reminder of what some folks think and how they try to justify the unjustifiable.  Originally I was looking for a copy of the 2A to post for folks to just ponder.....and this is what came up, guess this is more important than the actual second amendment according to Google..... :(

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-its-time-to-repeal-the-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-20160613

This makes much more sense than the above article......

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.  :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:02:59 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Why its time to repeal the Second Ammendment........
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
I'm sad to say, when the millennials take control of our government, and they eventually will, liberty will only be remembered in nursing homes. I know there are exceptions, but the numbers are few.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
I'm sad to say, when the millennials take control of our government, and they eventually will, liberty will only be remembered in nursing homes. I know there are exceptions, but the numbers are few.

Yea exactly. Can we all say 1984.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »
All I can do is shake my head. People like this will never understand. Until they have everyone Barcoded, microchipped, and cameras in every house and on every street corner, they will keep thinking they are saving us from ourselves.
   It really is sad.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Diamondbackmike2004

• Shooters assume the firing position
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »
dont blame all millennials.....some of us still believe in liberty......
I might know what im talking about....but today, I don't.....

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:10 PM »
We do have to look at the fact that we are hearing what we hear about millennials from the news, the same people who report lies as truth on a regular basis, so the possibility does exist that more of the younger crowd aren't as lost as we fear.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 05:10:44 AM »
It's not necessarily the millennial generation as much as it is the CRAP they are being taught in the failed public school system and ultra liberal college campuses. The human brain is always a blank slate and it's what you put into it that makes the difference.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
It's not necessarily the millennial generation as much as it is the CRAP they are being taught in the failed public school system and ultra liberal college campuses. The human brain is always a blank slate and it's what you put into it that makes the difference.

Truer words my friend truer words......

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »
dont blame all millennials.....some of us still believe in liberty......

The fact your even on this sight and reading these topics to make up your own mind gives me a moment of pause......and hope  ;)   Maybe that light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and not smaller.....its really hard to tell most of the time
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:32:07 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »
Yeah! It's not all millenials... Where is my generation learning this garbage? We are the generation who grew up getting a trophy for everything not because we are different, but because some of our parents were soft! Likely no one on this forum...

We, the millennial, face quite the predicament politically and economically because of preceeding generations of greed, corruption, and kicking the can down the road.  I sure hope I, and others  of all loving generations, can help share counter opinions to in a way to bring sanity back to all generations so we stop supporting both the corrupt political parties!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
I don't think blaming young folks, liberals, or colleges to be accurate or wise - all that does is alienate even more folks.  The problem is government infringement, at all levels and of all persuasions.

Heck, just look at the the present DOJ's position on restitution of 2nd Amendment Rights:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-court-guns-trump-20170525-story.html

Please recall the motorist who shot and killed a suspect attacking an AZ officer earlier this year had to have his rights restored and that turned out to be a huge positive.
Ruger rimfire fan

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
I don't think blaming young folks, liberals, or colleges to be accurate or wise - all that does is alienate even more folks.  The problem is government infringement, at all levels and of all persuasions.

Of course you don't want your generation or education system scrutinized but when we see the type of anarchy such as has been perpetrated on college campuses by young people who are offended by opposing view points and the faculty praises and makes excuses for such behavior what else are we who have been around and have some real life experience to think?
While we're at it I'm sick to death and tired of liberals crying about being alienated by conservative view points yet they jump at every chance to denigrate conservatives.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:54:54 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »

Heck, just look at the the present DOJ's position on restitution of 2nd Amendment Rights:

Please recall the motorist who shot and killed a suspect attacking an AZ officer earlier this year had to have his rights restored and that turned out to be a huge positive.
You're citing an instance of the DOJ enforcing a federal law? It's the attorney general's job to enforce laws whether they like them or not. I'm good with it.

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »

You're citing an instance of the DOJ enforcing a federal law? It's the attorney general's job to enforce laws whether they like them or not. I'm good with it.

I am citing the particular Law itself as government infringement and the current pursuit as surprising, that's all.  I'll be interested in how this is settled.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 07:17:44 PM »

Of course you don't want your generation or education system scrutinized but when we see the type of anarchy such as has been perpetrated on college campuses by young people who are offended by opposing view points and the faculty praises and makes excuses for such behavior what else are we who have been around and have some real life experience to think?
While we're at it I'm sick to death and tired of liberals crying about being alienated by conservative view points yet they jump at every chance to denigrate conservatives.

My, my...
Applying labels to people is an external definition that is never quite accurate and then folks get upset when things don't meet expectations.  Sometimes I wonder if people are more upset with the "groups" or the supposed groupings. ;D
  I am sorry, I just don't see divisive attitudes and anger to be examples for long term success or well-being.  ;)
Thanks!
Ruger rimfire fan

anything