Author Topic: with the expense of the Kadet mags, whats a realistic number to have ?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline 037Leo

at  around $40  this is the most expensive magazine out of dozen of my guns that use them.  I only got two and thinking of getting 1 or 2 more.  I prefer to have 4+ magazines per pistol 
(\__/)
( o,o)
CZ 52
CZ 82
CZ 452
CZ Scorpion EVO
CZ 75B cold war with Kadet

Offline steel

I have 5.  Makes it easy to run a Steel Challenge stage without having to reload magazines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CZ Aficionado

5 just seems right.....with only 10 rounds each I feel like I'm always reloading with just a couple mags.....5 seems to be that Goldie-Locks mark  :)

Offline Boris_LA

I have two Kadet kits (4 mags) and extra 3 mags. 7 total. Carrying only two in my range bag. Using one and loading 5 round at the time. While shooting/training for precision, taking break to load magazine give the opportunity to relax, concentrate on every shot and slows you down. Rushing my shots downrange as fast as possible is not my game. I enjoy shooting single shot pistols even more.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:05:56 PM by Boris_LA »

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I also have 5 magazines.  It seems to be just right.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
I like my Pistols have 5 Magazines, or enough capacity to get the closest to 50 Round mark
i.e.  5, 9 Rounds of 9mm, or 6, 8 Rounds of 10mm for my 1911
But I only carry 4, 15 Round Mags for my 10mm Witness .... the least number of any I own
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline ProtectTheSecond

• His 'n Her 9mm-TS
If your Kadet is for competition then 5 plus a couple backups in the bag

If it's a range/plinking toy then whatever you can afford...
they don't load easy without a "Maglulaloader" so having a jazillion loaded
and ready keeps you going between cease fires even with the loader
CZ 527 American .223 / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 TS 9mm / His 'n Her (2) CZ 75 SA 9mm / Kadet Kit

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding."  - The United States Supreme Court -[/b

Offline K3JB

I have followed Den's lead on magazines, I have enough mags loaded to give me a round number so I can
see how much I shot at the end of the session. With the Kadet, 5 mags loaded, 50 rounds have been shot.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot