Author Topic: Stretching but it is CZ related...  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Diamond Jim

Stretching but it is CZ related...
« on: March 26, 2018, 09:24:20 AM »
We don't have CZ-USA here in Australia but we do have Winchester Australia that distributes CZ products - but not CZ shotguns, however Winchester Aus do distribute Huglu shotguns. Huglu makes the shotguns marketed as CZ in the USA I believe.
My dilemma is I have a 1956 Browning Superposed shotgun in 12G that I like very much. I purchased it second hand (at least) a few years ago for Aus$600 . It is full/full choke and puts everything into a 5" circle at 15 yards so maybe not the ideal field gun. Local inquiries tell me it would cost north of Aus$1,000 to have it retrofitted with interchangeable chokes.
I can buy a Huglu 200AE Locally for Aus$895 plus around Aus$180 licensing fees.
Do I trade my Browning to fund the Huglu or keep both and risk explaining it to my dear and very understanding wife who does have a supplementary of my credit card?
Decisions, decisions....

Offline Esquilax

Re: Stretching but it is CZ related...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 01:01:39 AM »
That's why I have my own credit cards.

Looks like it's full and 3/4, which is the equivalent of improved modified? Doesn't look like CZ-USA has an equivalent currently. I'm sure it will be nice, keep the Browning if you can.

Offline Diamond Jim

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »
Well, we all make mistakes in life and giving her my card is one of mine but marrying her wasn't and in all other respects I can't complain. My problem being that if she sees me spend she will figure she's entitled to a similar indulgence so buying a new gun may end up costing me Aus$2,000!!!

As far as I can tell, the Browning is Full/Full chokes. Both barrels (at the breech) marked "*" and in a fixed choke gun, according to the manual, that signifies full choke. Apart from the very tight patterns it is, in every other respect, a lovely gun that shoulders well (for me) and I'd be loathe to part with it. I believe I have already talked myself into keeping it.

I believe the B-25 is still available as a special order from Browning - I think it would come with a significant price tag.

The Huglu 200AE is an ejector version of the gun sold as a CZ Ringneck but without the sideplates - we only get it in 12G and not the extractor version. They do market the hammer gun as well.

For some reason 20G, 28G, 16G and .410 are not popular here - the .410 is mostly known as a "snake gun" for farmer's wives to deal with inconvenient reptiles.

Offline painter

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
Spreader loads... ;)
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Diamond Jim

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »
I've built my own spreader loads in the past but I doubt they would be kosher for competition (not that I compete). I like the idea of using standard loads.
Jim