Author Topic: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range  (Read 26934 times)

Offline MadDuner

Re: How Many of You Take More Than One Gun To The Range
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
I enjoyed having the same conversation with a guy at the range yesterday.  I kept switching guns, while continuing to make an impressively small group (for me anyway) in the same target.  He just shook his head.  I think the reason some people feel this way is they only go to the range every once in a while, and when they do, they are so rusty they are barely proficient with a single gun. The guy asked me what I "did" to the guns to make them so accurate?  My response was that putting 40 or 50k rounds through each one is required to train them where the target was. LOL

More head shaking. Hahaha.

Offline Criz

« Reply #181 on: June 12, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »
I have heard of this 1 gun thing.  From now on we shall call it "missionary" and it was done!
Army - 67N Crewchief
Italian Motorcycles
German Cars
Northwest Coast IPAs

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Why only bring one what s the fun in that.

Offline tbreen

« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:45 PM »
I usually take a few and have testing and evaluation goals with each.

Offline bearclaw46

« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2018, 08:15:05 PM »
Well this guy has his opinion.  Mine....that's BS.  I take up to 3-5 guns with me everytime I go.
I warm up with my little Ruger SR-22 & then make my way up with my 9mm's & then
(if I bring it) a 45ACP 1911, with emphasis on my little 9mm Ruger LC9S Pro or CZ 82 in 9mm Mak, which I pack all the time.

Me personally, I like shooting them all & don't like coming to the range with just one gun...how boring. 

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2018, 11:31:10 PM »
It depends why I'm going to the the range, what I'm trying to accomplish.

Normally I take at least two guns... the one I'm carrying, which remains holstered and concealed as per range policy, and the one or more that I brought unloaded and cased to shoot.

If I'm there strictly to work on my skill then I take one gun to shoot.  If I'm there to test a particular gun or ammo, plus practice my shooting, then I may bring two or more guns to shoot.  If I'm there to train my family members, then I bring whatever I'm training them how to shoot, maybe two or three guns.

I also usually avoid getting in conversations with other people at the range, other than the range officers, who are usually pretty cool and can sometimes provide helpful info, especially if you're having malfunctions or issues with particular ammo.  Sometimes conversations happen with other shooters, but more often outside of the actual range, where people aren't shooting or wearing ear protection.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
WHAT????

I CAN'T HEAR YOU WITH ALL THIS SHOOTING GOING ONNN!!!!!!

Offline I like pink

« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »
depends on my purpose for going to the range that day.... if it's for one of the local competitions I take from 1 to 3 depending on what I need. 

if i'm specifically working on something (loads, site in, practice) then I may just take that one. 

if i'm going to play.... I take multiples....

I do what's good for me.... you do what's good for you!!!!!!!!!!!
Girls just gotta have guns and ammo.... LOTS of ammo!

Offline johnb62

« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
I hardly take time to go to the range. So when I do I try to make it worth while and take several guns.

Offline benjf1

« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »
I don't own that many, but I usually take three and shoot a couple hundred rounds. I also keep a record of what guns I shot when, and how many rounds through each so I'm sure to keep familiar with the functions of each one.

Offline wraight

« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »
I'll bring CZ P-07 and Glock 23 Gen3, both have the same sight set up. Front sight- Red fiber optic and blacked out rears. Rugger AR15 and Remy 870 express. I go out to the desert set up targets and spend about 3hrs.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
Usually 4 or five rifles and the same number of handguns. Sometimes I don't shoot everything I take.

As long as I am being safe and not breaking range rules...who cares what others think ?

Probably 50/50 I strike up a conversation with another shooter(s). Have always found that to be enjoyable and often instructive. But, I don't go there with the specific intention to chat...I think some people do.

Offline eastman

« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2018, 10:03:22 PM »
I brought 3 yesterday -

20 rounds of .303 through the SMLE
40 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO through the FAL
100 rounds of Win M22 through the Ruger MkII (and 98 of the 100 even fired)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Pauly3dotcom

« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
More than 1 always because that's what works for me and my time!  To each their own!

Offline bmo

« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2018, 12:58:12 PM »
Wow generally keep my opinions to myself at the range unless someone asks for it or someone is shooting something I'm unfamiliar with and I'm curious about it lol. Keep doing you OP. Personally for me it depends on what my goal is for that particular range day. I do try and work on something specific with my defense/carry guns every time i go, but once i finish with that i usually have a few other "fun" guns i bring around mostly because i love shooting different guns. I'll generally put a higher round count  on the self defense guns compared to the fun guns though.

I'm of the belief that it shouldn't really matter what you're shooting and still being able to shoot well since all about fundamentals. Different guns certainly have different trigger characteristics. I can see why people would be all about one gun in that case. I just like being able to run whatever you put in my hands well, then also being able to run my preferred guns really well.

anything