Author Topic: High Performance P-10-C Pkg Coming  (Read 30002 times)

Offline Joe L

Re: High Performance P-10-C Pkg Coming
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
A very descriptive name.   I don't think we need a vote.  "Dingus" it is.

The part that comes in the production guns from the factory is a "pecker" or "dingus".   "Dingus" is OK with me.   A modified one that no longer is overly restrictive and doesn't feel like a butter knife after 30 rounds is a "trigger safety". 

I guess a "dingus" restrained with JB-Weld is "useless".

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 05:12:31 AM »
No, that's a "dingus plus". ;)

Offline incogneato

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
We have spent time with the P-10-C and we have a good handle on upgrades.  We intend to:
3)  Fix the trigger irritation and reduce SA over-travel

Would this happen to be a new trigger assembly? If so, will it be available as an individual part?

Offline incogneato

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline schmeky

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 04:43:42 PM »
Yes, we have already done several P-10-C slides for optics.

Offline incogneato

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 07:31:32 PM »

Thanks. Now, myy suppressor ready model just has to arrive so I can send it to you...

Offline earlan357

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 09:25:15 AM »

How do you do the RMR cut?  Interference fit only? Front bosses? Threaded mounting screw posts?  Rear iron sight cut forward or behind rmr? 

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 02:55:54 PM »
A very descriptive name.   I don't think we need a vote.  "Dingus" it is.

The part that comes in the production guns from the factory is a "pecker" or "dingus".   "Dingus" is OK with me.   A modified one that no longer is overly restrictive and doesn't feel like a butter knife after 30 rounds is a "trigger safety". 

I guess a "dingus" restrained with JB-Weld is "useless".

Joe

O0 ;D

A trigger with a dingus safety at all is a minus to me. 

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Sure seems like a lot to do to a new firearm that was supposed to blow the Glock 19 away........straight out of the box from the factory. Looks like CGW should just build all the CZ firearms to begin with. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 01:45:53 AM »
Well, it's not as bad as I've seen 1911 guys do with expensive brand new pistols...that can be amazing sometimes. Same with ARs...out of the box is never, ever good enough. Come to think of it, aren't there a ton of modifications for Glocks out there, too?
This is the 1st Gen P-10C, and just like almost everything, there will very likely be some very intelligent and influential people listening to the feedback to make improvements as needed, unless the truly custom work brings the price point to where it's no longer where they want it. Balances.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 07:37:54 AM »
Well, it's not as bad as I've seen 1911 guys do with expensive brand new pistols...that can be amazing sometimes. Same with ARs...out of the box is never, ever good enough. Come to think of it, aren't there a ton of modifications for Glocks out there, too?
This is the 1st Gen P-10C, and just like almost everything, there will very likely be some very intelligent and influential people listening to the feedback to make improvements as needed, unless the truly custom work brings the price point to where it's no longer where they want it. Balances.

But Glocks are perfect out of the box.  I have three, and other than removing the finger grooves, trigger guard undercut, stippling, metal sights, trigger & striker springs, Agency trigger, Ghost connector, Vickers mag release & slide stop, and grip plug mine are practically factory. ;)

I think the P-10 is simply a better starting platform.  You can't add ambi-controls to a Glock, the factory trigger is still miles better than even a good aftermarket Glock trigger, and the ergos are better.  All the P-10 needs in my opinion is a flat faced trigger that doesn't dig into your finger and more sight options.  Everything else is just gravy.  That said, I have a feeling all my internals will be CGW parts when they are released.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »
There were some things that needed attention on the P-09/07 when they first came out.  We lived.  I sure did. 
I'm with Earlan357, we have a great starting point with the P-10C.  I'm looking at the P-10C as a development pistol--we have an extremely accurate and reliable gun out of the box, with a less than perfect trigger safety and a heavy, but very controllable trigger.  It will be easier and less expensive to turn this pistol platform in to a precision pistol match gun than a P-09/07, in my opinion. 
(Not that anyone is going to try that other than me.)

Might take more Sugru and JB-Weld to get the P-10 perfect for me compared to a P-09, however.   :) :)

I can live with that. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
There were some things that needed attention on the P-09/07 when they first came out.  We lived.  I sure did. 
I'm with Earlan357, we have a great starting point with the P-10C.  I'm looking at the P-10C as a development pistol--we have an extremely accurate and reliable gun out of the box, with a less than perfect trigger safety and a heavy, but very controllable trigger.  It will be easier and less expensive to turn this pistol platform in to a precision pistol match gun than a P-09/07, in my opinion. 
(Not that anyone is going to try that other than me.)

Might take more Sugru and JB-Weld to get the P-10 perfect for me compared to a P-09, however.   :) :)

I can live with that. 

Joe

My "development pistol" cost me $265.  Did not really absolutely need it, but put a $40 Apex trigger in and  have a gun that has never experienced a failure...Smith & Wesson SD9VE.  But to be fair...you read about others having one problem after another with theirs.  Only two new firearms I have ever had that could not work out all the bugs was a 1st generation SKYY CPX-2 (that became SCCY) and a Beretta Nano.  I am still baffled as to why CZ built a pistol getting away from their trademark design of slide inside the rail that they swore to God made such a difference in accuracy...not that that has anything to do with any problems being encountered with the new P10c. Although there are few that would admit it, some of the problem may be new gun owners wanted the "latest thing" and jumped on the new CZ P10c without really knowing how to grip , shoot or care for a firearm. That may account for a great deal of the reported malfunctions with this pistol. Not the first rodeo for CZ and I am sure they are seriously looking for answers to remedy any problems with the P10c.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline copemech

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2017, 12:07:04 AM »
Sure seems like a lot to do to a new firearm that was supposed to blow the Glock 19 away........straight out of the box from the factory. Looks like CGW should just build all the CZ firearms to begin with.

A stock Glock sucks TOO! Except WORSE! O0

Offline HST

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »
What malfunctions ? At 400 rounds my trigger pull was 4.1 pounds. Shoots like a laser. Is it perfect ? No .
Are there things i want to change ? yes . Most of it is personal preference . I have well over a 1000 rounds threw
it now and the more i shoot it the more i like it. What feels right to one person isn't going to right to everybody else.
To each there own .
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series