Author Topic: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)  (Read 6169 times)

Offline ragingbulldaily

Re: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2017, 08:30:49 PM »
When in full battery can you push down on the barrel and feel movement? Also up and down and side to side movement at the muzzle end? Thanks

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »
The whole barrel and slide both move together a little, but not the barrel by itself; no movement between barrel and slide.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2017, 09:22:47 PM »
OMG , these p10c's are going to be nitpicked forever.
I wonder what the next thing is going to be?
I.E. anybody notice  a loud bang when you shoot it. Seems louder than my other pistols.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline viking499

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2017, 09:24:28 PM »
I.E. anybody notice  a loud bang when you shoot it. Seems louder than my other pistols.

Or......it's costs more to feed it because it is more ammo than my other guns...... ;)

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2017, 08:48:27 AM »

Or......it's costs more to feed it because it is more ammo than my other guns...... ;)
   ROFL
    Guys, I almost spit my coffee out!
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »

It doesn't fit in my 1911 holster very well, either.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Online Indy_Tim

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2017, 03:56:03 PM »
Worst, worst scenario is the pistol negligently firing due to the trigger safety being disabled. Unlikely. More likely and the 2nd worst case scenario, being in court with the modified P-10C having been used in a defensive shooting and the prosecutor railing at the jury, "This madman DELIBERATELY filed down the safety on this gun to make even MORE dangerous and evil! You must convict this madman before he hurts someone else with his reckless and dangerous behavior!" I'm not aware of any cases such as that off the top of my had, but I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Another concern with filing the safety dingus would be to file too much away so that it did not clear the frame when the trigger was pulled.  If you try to file the front of the dingus to match the trigger itself and then remove too much from the dingus, it will not rotate back as far and it could render the trigger useless with anything but the perfect finger placement.  I did a bit of sanding to my trigger dingus but was sure to leave enough material so it would still positively rotate far enough to clear the frame.  It helped with the dingus feel somewhat.

Offline supertec67

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
Sorry guys, misfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline harrisong

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2017, 02:50:58 PM »
I thought about filing down the trigger safety dingus a bit, but I opted to develop a callus which seems to be working out well. 

My slide stop/release loosened up fine, but I only used it because people were complaining about it.  I normally rack the slide instead of using the release.  so, this isn't much of an issue to me.

The Magazine release also has broken in, and it feels about right after I learned how it liked to be pressed.  Just took a little use, and it's fine.

My trigger started out about 6.5 lbs., but also has settled in at about 5 lbs, maybe 5.5 depending how I use the trigger pull gauge.  Personally, I think the trigger is pretty awesome!  It's so much crisper than the creepy Sig P320 that I have which is also a touch heavier at 5.5 - 6 lbs.  Granted I have several thousand rounds through my P320, but it feels very mushy compared to this P10c trigger.

My P-10c will jam rounds on the feed ramp if the magazine is two or three round short of full when auto forwarding,  but I never intend to slam a partially full mag in it.  I carry full magazines.  If I have to drop one to clear a malfunction, my spare is full as well.  The other solution is not to slam it in so hard it auto forwards.  I actually have to work to get mine to auto forward which is not a problem for me.  It may or may not loosen up, but I didn't buy it for the auto forward feature.

It's accurate and easy to shoot with a solid grip.  Once my new sights arrive from CZ custom, the sight picture might be a bit better for my old eyes.   Once I have a few more rounds through it, it will replace my P320 for carry.  I already have an IWB  holster for the P-10c.  I like it.  I may buy a second.  Around here they go for about $479.

My biggest problem is that I can't decide if I like the small that came on it or the medium back strap.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
May I know what is your iwb holster?

Offline marshaul

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
For those who find the mag release is too stiff, I discovered that I was able to accelerate the natural break-in process by simply pulling down on an empty mag while pressing the mag release (hard enough that the mag release was difficult to activate). Did this about 3 times; the mag release is fine now. You might even get similar results just by inserting and releasing a fully-loaded mag a couple dozen times or so.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:26:02 PM by marshaul »

Offline Coleman

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2017, 03:28:14 PM »
Love my P10 not a single problem runs 100% percent as far as the trigger finger drag problem this is the easiest fix there is simply remove it from the frame and sand off about 1/16"-1/8" off the bottom round the sharp corners and its gone and even gives the trigger a flatter feel mine breaks under 5lbs outside of my P09 its the most accurate handgun i own

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »
My only issue with my P-10 is the tip of the striker broke off after 300 rounds. I contacted CZ-USA and they sent me a replacement. So far I have 200 rounds through the P-10 with the replacement striker with no issues. I just learned that Cajun Gun Works will be selling a tool steel striker for the P-10 shortly and I will definitely replace my stock striker with one from CGW. As far as the stock trigger is concerned, I never had an issue with it but I really like flat triggers so I went with the HB Industries flat trigger along with their 3.5 pound striker spring. Installation with simple and straight forward resulting in a shortening of the take up and reduced trigger pull to 4 pounds 6 ounces on my digital scale. The reset remains amazing. I am completely sold on the P-10 and will probably add a set of night sights to make it the perfect carry gun.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline downtown0309

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
I'm having the trigger "bite" issue too. I can't figure out what the "fangs" on the trigger are that you all are talking about. I'm assuming that the dingus is the trigger safety in the middle of the trigger. If someone could put some detailed pictures with labels that would be great. I shot 250 rds the other day and my finger hurt so bad I had to call it a day. Also, does the HBI trigger fix this issue?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:25:27 PM by downtown0309 »

anything