Author Topic: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)  (Read 13635 times)

Offline Sooltauq

Re: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
I find the actual ergonomics of trigger on the PPQ  feels much better than the P10c.

Agree; my PPS trigger is much more comfortable than the P10C trigger. I've now got a pretty good spot on the bottom of my trigger-finger where the fangs/dingus have been chewing it up. But the P10C's break is just in another class altogether, and the PPS has a relatively high barrel mounting, so the flip is substantial, but the P10C barely flips at all.

FWIW, I could just buy CZs and Walthers and be pretty happy.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline eastman

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:50 PM »
I find the actual ergonomics of trigger on the PPQ  feels much better than the P10c.

Agree; my PPS trigger is much more comfortable than the P10C trigger. I've now got a pretty good spot on the bottom of my trigger-finger where the fangs/dingus have been chewing it up. But the P10C's break is just in another class altogether, and the PPS has a relatively high barrel mounting, so the flip is substantial, but the P10C barely flips at all.

FWIW, I could just buy CZs and Walthers and be pretty happy.

The production trigger is not as nice as the pre-production versions - the dingus was flush with the surface so no lump and no fangs.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
Why the change, I wonder... :o

Offline milq

• Steel on target
Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 10:45:33 PM »
My trigger dingus is flush when pressed. Took all of 30 seconds to make it that way. I know some will flip about that and I understand the liability/modification concern if you're carrying it but I chose to do mine.
I'm also in process of making a rear sight with serrations. However...had to order new wire guides for the wire EDM yesterday and won't have them for a few days. I made one before the machine started giving me fits, but the dovetail was just a touch too small for my liking.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 10:55:37 PM »
If you dont mind, what did you do in "30 seconds" on the dingus? Also what is the worst scenario with "......liability/modification concern..."?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 11:33:29 PM »
Worst, worst scenario is the pistol negligently firing due to the trigger safety being disabled. Unlikely. More likely and the 2nd worst case scenario, being in court with the modified P-10C having been used in a defensive shooting and the prosecutor railing at the jury, "This madman DELIBERATELY filed down the safety on this gun to make even MORE dangerous and evil! You must convict this madman before he hurts someone else with his reckless and dangerous behavior!" I'm not aware of any cases such as that off the top of my had, but I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Offline JConnor93

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 12:41:48 AM »
Worst, worst scenario is the pistol negligently firing due to the trigger safety being disabled. Unlikely. More likely and the 2nd worst case scenario, being in court with the modified P-10C having been used in a defensive shooting and the prosecutor railing at the jury, "This madman DELIBERATELY filed down the safety on this gun to make even MORE dangerous and evil! You must convict this madman before he hurts someone else with his reckless and dangerous behavior!" I'm not aware of any cases such as that off the top of my had, but I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

Alot of folk in Massachusetts believe you can't do work a the trigger components and be legal. What should be illegal are heavy trigger pulls for a handgun unless it's a revolver or has a decocker. My 2 cents.

I feel this misconception comes from folks saying (in my experience) you file down the sear or something and you can make a hairpin, borderline full auto gun. Now we know this isn't the case.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 01:59:17 AM »
Merely curious if some slight sanding somewhere will mitigate the fangs/dingus bite, but will wait until somebody finds a solution and not experiment on my own. Am sort of curious why it was changed between the pre-production and productions models (?). Not a big deal; minor annoyance.

Offline Myk

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 04:11:51 AM »
Weird , I must have extra -tough hands. I have been working with them for a very long time.One thing I don't want is a lighter trigger,as far as I know once broken in they break at 4.5 and that's a little light for me for a carry piece. That reset is the real deal. Also I wonder I CZ hasn't been tweaking them a bit? I got mine Saturday and zero issues including releasing the slide. No feeding issues of any kind ( American Eagal 124 grn.) I really dig the texturing on the grip and especially  up on frame above the trigger. You can get such a high, tight grip. Of course your mileage my differ.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
I have modified my P-10C so that the trigger will activate whether my finger is perfectly square in the trigger guard or not.  Dang gun is going to go off when the trigger is pulled, whether it is me or an intern pulling it.  There is some liability FOR THE GUN OWNER and his ability to protect himself if the trigger safety is TOO restrictive.  Mine was.  If the gun doesn't go off when I want it to, I may never make it to court to defend myself.  I could be in the graveyard instead.  As delivered, my trigger hung when it shouldn't.

To get my trigger placement perfect when the trigger is pulled all the way back to just when the striker is released, it is at an angle at the start of the stroke so that the trigger safety cannot be moved flush every time with the trigger face, clearing the frame at the rear of the trigger safety.  My frame is modified using Sugru on the grip panels to make the grip fatter and wider, and this contributes to my safety release issue.  However, without any modifications to the frame, I still had the safety hang.  With the modifications, my finger is perpindicular to the trigger AT THE BREAK, as it has to to be for me to pull the trigger the last little bit without moving the gun. 

The trigger stroke and travel distance required is too great to have my finger square with the trigger at the initiation of the stroke and STILL have it square at the end of the stroke.  Mine is GOING TO BE SQUARE at the end of the stroke, thus I modified my trigger safety to clear at the beginning of every intentional stroke with a fully inserted trigger finger, when my finger is not perfectly square with the trigger.  Period. 

Someone at CZ has erred on the side of being so restrictive in the trigger safety design that an attacker can benefit to the possible demise of the defensive gun owner. 

Don't get me started on prosecutors who want to portray gun owners as murderers just waiting for an opportunity to gun someone down.  "Why, this man loaded his handgun with JHP ammo, clearly intending to kill someone at the first opportunity.  If he was just a harmless paper puncher, he would only have only had low power FMJ in his pistol."  If you stand your ground and successfully defend yourself, you are a wanton killer, just looking to take out some crazed druggie who, of course, just busted in to your house waving a stolen 10mm who just wanted you to give him enough money for his next fix.  If you defend yourself with more than a credit card, you are the bad guy.  Modified gun or not.  I'll take my chances with the modified, and fully functional, 9mm JHP pistol with night sights.  "This man obviously modified his gun so that he could aim it at a poor helpless intruder in the middle of the night, in the dark, when he obviously couldn't determine the intent of the victim who just broke his door down with an AK-47."

Rant off.  Fix the bleep trigger safety so it is safe for YOU, not the crazed attacker.

OK, rant off now.

Joe

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 12:29:51 PM »
Weird , I must have extra -tough hands. I have been working with them for a very long time.

With me at least, the fangs/dingus issue is peculiar to the P10C as none of my other striker-fired pistols have this (minor) problem. Otherwise, quite happy with the trigger; I don't have Joe L's issue.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 01:21:30 PM »
I don't have Joe L's issue.

And that is a good thing!!
 :) :)
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline walker2713

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »
Good report and write up......

I have 310 rounds through mine....have had to trigger finger problems.

George
"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."  A. Lincoln

Offline incogneato

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Merely curious if some slight sanding somewhere will mitigate the fangs/dingus bite, but will wait until somebody finds a solution and not experiment on my own. Am sort of curious why it was changed between the pre-production and productions models (?). Not a big deal; minor annoyance.

I have filed, sanded and polished mine. It's a little better, but my finger still gets bit. I'm hoping for a wider, flatter non-serrated trigger to come along. But I like so many other things about it and it shoots so well that I just tolerate the trigger in the meantime.

... and ordered a second one

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 08:10:14 PM »
I'd keep an eye on what Cajun Gun Works comes up with...I know it will be stellar.