Author Topic: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)  (Read 13564 times)

Offline JConnor93

Re: Another P10C First Report (Amateur Version)
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
I threw a set of Talon rubber grips on my P10 and it made a huge difference. But i use Talon grips on any plastic weapon i have owned and i like them.
Give them a try , for 17.00 if you don't like them rip them off .

I do like talon grips. I have a set on my glock 19 and had a set on my shelf. I think when I installed them, there was a little piece that didn't stick to the frame. Ended up tearing off my 19, I'll end up putting electricians tape over it.

I did get these rubber grips too that aren't bad, no texture, but your hand doesn't slip. I like them, just a pain to install.

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 06:50:59 AM »
I shot mine for the first time. The texture is awesome, could use the same on the side it has on the rear, but it works just fine. If anyone thinks that is too aggressive for their palms they need to do more with their hands lol.

Probably put 200 rounds through the gun yesterday.

Slide release and mag release were almost useless when new, now they both work like every other gun I own.

Had a lot of failures to eject at first. Maybe 2-3 in 1 box of ammo; however, it was Freedom re-man stuff. Shot the same stuff in the P09 and SP01 and didn't have any problems though. For the price that is decent ammo, but it isn't hot stuff by anymeans.

Didn't have any problems afterward. Jumped back and forth between Federal, Blazer, and Monarch. All of those are like 1150 FPS +.

I will say the Ejection was weak at times. I ended up giving the gun to my sister, she wanted one since the day we first saw it and I couldn't find another one in Orlando so she is the new owner.

Offline JConnor93

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »
I just joined the family. Got my P10c today.

My initial amateur impressions:

I like the ergonomics. Fit well. Seems natural and I enjoy m&p over glock and this feels similar to m&p.

Yes, the grip texture is rough, but doable and I slipped a rover grip over it so I have no issue now.

I do like the trigger. I briefly dry fired my 19 and the p10c. I do have a ghost 3.5lb connector in my 19, so it is smooth vs a stock 19. I will say I do like the trigger, albeit the very end of the pull seems a bit tougher. When not slowly pulling the trigger, and so at normal speed I thought the trigger was awesome. It also feels like the travel distance is much shorter. Less audible reset vs glock, but better than m&p.

I don't know if I lucked out  or the rest of you have weak thumbs, but my slide stop functions fine.

Yes, the mag release sucks with a loaded mag, but I need to put rounds through this.

Take down was weird when done before or after a glock.

I'm very excited to shoot this and my other new purchase, an omega 9 rifle.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »
I don't know if I lucked out  or the rest of you have weak thumbs, but my slide stop functions fine.

Yes, the mag release sucks with a loaded mag, but I need to put rounds through this.

Seems like there are two models of the P10C -- (1) stiff slide release, or (2) stiff magazine release. At least the first eases up after a few hundred rounds.
CZ 75 SP-01, 97, P-01, PCR, P-06, P10C

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »
After another 150 rounds (now up to 550 total), my P10C is really breaking in well. However, the fangs/dingus once again chewed away the side of my trigger finger to where the last magazine was somewhat painful, and so I brought a box of 50 rounds back home.  :(

Figure out that issue and it is great -- you can fall in love with the short trigger reset pretty quickly. Lots of tight groups, all centered about 1" off at 8:00 relative, at 25 yards, but that's user error.

FWIW, though, I'm still not convinced that the P10C is in the same league as the 75 or 97 series. Close, but no cookie.

BOTOH, it's light. I'm going to start carrying it and see how that works out.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:44:14 PM by Sooltauq »

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
After another 150 rounds (now up to 550 total), my P10C is really breaking in well. However, the fangs/dingus once again chewed away the side of my trigger finger to where the last magazine was somewhat painful, and so I brought a box of 50 rounds back home.  :(

Figure out that issue and it is great -- you can fall in love with the short trigger reset pretty quickly. Lots of tight groups, all centered about 1" off at 8:00 relative, at 25 yards, but that's user error.

FWIW, though, I'm still not convinced that the P10C is in the same league as the 75 or 97 series. Close, but no cookie.

BOTOH, it's light. I'm going to start carrying it and see how that works out.

I took a fine round file and took the edge off my safety. The trigger is much more comfortable and it hasn't effected the safety's function or clearance at all.

Offline Sooltauq

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »
I took a fine round file and took the edge off my safety. The trigger is much more comfortable and it hasn't effected the safety's function or clearance at all.

Thanks -- I'm going to try that.

Offline Erikaxe

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2017, 12:09:24 PM »
I used some sugru to build up the sides of the trigger around the dingus.  It took some experimenting to get it right, but now the dingus completely disappears when depressed and the trigger is comfy.  Sugru is amazing stuff if you have never used it.

Offline gunkucool

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Any pictures/ photos about them please..?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2017, 11:28:35 PM »
What IS Sugru??? :o

Offline vlj1216

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
I had to Google it, it's pretty cool stuff.

Offline techspec6

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2017, 09:53:56 AM »
I've seen a couple people complain about the slide release.  I'm pretty sure it is not a slide release.  It's a slide catch.  Small, though important difference.  Normally, after inserting a full mag, you'd have to hit the slide release to drop the slide or you'd need to pull the slide back to chamber the first round.  With the P10c, you just slam the full magazine in and the slide drops automatically.  It's a feature of the gun and therefore, the slide release is no longer a necessity.  Try it at the range sometime, not in your living room unless you have some snap caps.  Empty mags take considerably more force to drop the slide automatically.

Jason

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2017, 11:55:11 AM »
Joe's fix is a little more drastic than what I did.  About 30 seconds with a fine round file made it flush enough not to bother my finger when shooting.  David

I did the same with mine using a small file and sandpaper, much better now. However, after shooting the gun for the first time I still experienced some discomfort on my trigger finger. I believe the trigger guard is a bit too small for my liking.  :-\
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2017, 10:51:49 PM »
Joe trimmed some of the trigger guard away for trigger finger relief - think that might work?

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
Joe trimmed some of the trigger guard away for trigger finger relief - think that might work?

Yeah, I saw the pics he posted. I don't think that will be enough for me. I tend to pull on the lower portion of the trigger, perhaps because of the size of my hands or the length of my fingers or the grip size of a particular pistol, I don't know. However on the P-10 after 4-6 shots my finger seems to be pressed against and riding back and forth on the trigger guard, thus the discomfort. It's something I'll have to get used to firing this particular pistol.
If I knew how to post pictures on this forum, I would show you the differences of the trigger guards on the P-10 compared to the P-07. I have zero problems with my P-07 and at this point prefer it over the P-10.
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA