Author Topic: CZ question ???  (Read 1849 times)

Offline mwpslp

CZ question ???
« on: July 01, 2006, 04:15:12 PM »
I posted this question a few minutes ago on THR but realized this is probably a better venue. My question is will any, all, or none of the CZ pistols fire with a round in the chamber but no magazine inserted?

Walt-Sherrill

CZ question ???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 04:21:13 PM »
Many (perhaps MOST) guns do not have a magazine disconnect.  (S&w semi-autos and Browning HPs certainly do.)

You can work the trigger mechanism in any CZ with the mag removed.  If a round is chambered, it will fire.

Offline mwpslp

CZ question ???
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:29:31 PM »
Thanks Walt.

Offline atblis

CZ question ???
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 05:54:41 AM »
I've never seen a CZ with a mag safety.
You can disable a mag safety (very common in BHP)
You can still fire a HP with a mag safety and no mag in.

Walt-Sherrill

CZ question ???
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 09:14:06 AM »
You couldn't fire MY BHP with a round in the chamber but no mag -- the hammer wouldnt' drop.  I had to remove the safety [disconnect!]  -- which also improved the trigger.  

That's been the case with every BHP I've ever seen or handled --unless the owner removed the mag safety.  

Wonder what was different about yours?

You can't remove the mag safeties easily in some guns -- S&W guns, for example, don't lend themselves to mag safety removal.  Star guns do.

Unregistered(d)

CZ question ???
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »
Magazine safeties are one reason I will never buy another S&W automatic ever again.  Magazine safeties are a solution looking for a problem, meant to make guns safer in the hands of cops. A worthy endeavour but I think proper training would be more effective.

mbott

CZ question ???
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 03:39:22 AM »
I have 4 guns with mag disconnects.  A HP FEG clone, a Browning HP in .40, a FN HP in 9mm and a Ruger P345.  The only gun with the disconnect removed is the FEG as there was no way to clean up the trigger on it with the disconnect in place.

I believe the Browning .40 had a trigger job be a previous owner, because the trigger on it is just too good even with the disconnect in place.  The FN 9mm is getting better with use so I'll leave well enough alone for now.  As best as I can tell, the Ruger has no substancial impact on the trigger, but what does with a Ruger trigger?  :)

--
Mike

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
CZ question ???
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 06:09:59 AM »
The CZ45 in 25ACP has a mag disconnect.
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

Offline Cliff47

CZ question ???
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
I have an FM Hi-Power that came without the magazine disconnect.  The first time I took that to the range, I was very glad that we left the slides locked back after the magazine fed the last round.  I thought the trigger was a touch lighter than my usual shooter, and took a closer look down the ejection port.  Sure enough, no magazine disconnect.  Since then, I have mounted my .22lr conversion unit on the frame and left it there.  If you get used to having the magazine disconnect, you kinda expect it to be there.  It's all in what you get used to when you are shooting.

Offline weemsf

• Jesus is Lord!
    • First Baptist Church of Atoka
CZ question ???
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 06:04:26 AM »
I am not sure that mag disconnects were intended to be used as a safety.  They may well have been, but LEO's were often issued them so that in case of hand to hand fighting and their weapon was in jeopardy, they could hti the mag release button.  But, I guess that would make it the ultimate safety, wouldn't it?
Baptist Pastor, Lover of God and Country, Sheriff's Chaplain, NRA Patron Member

anything