Author Topic: CZ85 Last shot Slide Hold open not working  (Read 3639 times)

Offline GOLEUS83

CZ85 Last shot Slide Hold open not working
« on: November 26, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »
Hi, I've got a cz85 ans mots of the time, the slide  doesn't stay back. Anyone would know why???

Offline GOLEUS83

Re: Re: AK Hogue grip install on VZ2008 with final pics
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
After the last shot of course....

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: CZ85 Last shot Slide Hold open not working
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
First thing, disassemble and thoroughly clean your Magazines.  The Follower may not be rising far enough to actuate the Slide Stop Lever.

Second thing, inspect the Slide Stop Lever extension to see if it can be activated by the Magazine Follower Shelf.  If broken, replace.

With an EMPTY/unloaded Pistol and clean EMPTY Magazine, insert the Magazine into the Pistol and pull the Slide fully to the rear. Release the Slide.  If the Slide is held back, your problem is not the Pistol and may be your Ammunition is not powerful enough to full travel the slide back.  If the Slide is not held back, you may have a problem with either the Magazine or the Slide Stop.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline 75Plus

• +12
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »
Adding to the previous reply, field strip the pistol then put the slide stop back in. Insert an empty mag and make sure the slide stop is being lifted with some authority. If not you may need new mag springs. Try each mag to see if the problem is with some or all of them. If this test does not find the problem check the distance that the empty cases are being thrown. If they are falling close to you it could be the recoil spring is too stiff for the ammo being used.

Joe
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
Before expending money on fixes, try shooting it one handed to remove the possibility that you are resting a thumb on the slide catch.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Spdg87

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
I had the same problem and it turned out to be one of the magazines.  I bought it used and it came with 5 Mags...4 good once and the bad little rascal lol.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »
Does it lock back when you rack the slide back with an empty mag in place?

Offline GOLEUS83

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 01:41:29 PM »
I'm answering late to your feedbacks  (was away ) and it turned out to be the magazine follower. TY ALL!!

Envoy? de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

anything