Author Topic: State governments gearing up for gun control 2018  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Kelsw

State governments gearing up for gun control 2018
« on: December 22, 2017, 08:39:22 PM »
My state (Washington ) , democrats are on the band wagon for pushing gun control to mimic California . Every state it seems is under attack by politicians who think it's their duty to control every aspect of out lives . UGH .     

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: State governments gearing up for gun control 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »
Link?
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 01:40:08 AM »
Arizona has the usual suspects rolling out anti rights bills as well, including the Universal Background Check one, both as a bill and as a ballot measure. I don't see any anti bills making it anywhere here this year, still have a strong pro rights legislature...governor I am not sure of.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »
What's so sad is that these anti-gun zealots cannot grasp is that our country has remained free, with the same form of government all these years, by adhering to the Constitution that they so badly want to twist up and distort.  The 2nd amendment is how we've kept the 1st.  They are willing to completely dismiss the number of people who are kept safe by firearms - to get some form of false security they think they will achieve by removing them.  They have never understood cause and effect or unintended consequences.

The Guardian

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »
Pains me to say this out loud but politics anymore is just an ongoing reality show.  It so reminds me of the original Jersey Shore type entertainment.  One thing I?ve never really understood is how government officials are never held accountable.....I?m not talking about the occasional honest mistake, more the intentional acts that go unaddressed.....from local to national officials.  Almost appears to be a club where everyone protects everyone else because in the end they all know they all do it  ???
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:25:09 AM by The Guardian »

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »
Anyone believe obama is not still pulling strings in his mansion a mile from the white house???????????

Offline amstaffer

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
As a independent voter and gun nut you can thank this idiot in the white house for flipping the house in 2018, I fear the the worst gun control we have seen is coming.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »
As a independent voter and gun nut you can thank this idiot in the white house for flipping the house in 2018, I fear the the worst gun control we have seen is coming.

There is no singular cause for the ongoing deterioration of this country.  Does the current administration contribute in some way?  Probably, but so has every administration since Warren Harding.  Not to mention the social decay that has occured over the life of our Republic, which is, for the most part, completely independent of the Federal government.  We are, have been, and will continiue to fight a losing battle to maintain that which our forefathers endowed us.  But fight, we must.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »
Are you folks going to talk about actual gun control attempts that are in the pipeline, or just generally whine and prognosticate? If anyone here doesn't realize that, if Clinton had stolen the election last year, we would now be facing a hideous expanse of gun control legislation AND a SCOTUS with at least one new liberal on the bench, needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 05:30:49 PM by Grendel »
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
"Coffee"?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

How is the current idiot any different that the previous 3 who were also idiots? Obama the idiot had a rubber stamp congress and couldn't get it done so meh... not interested in any more scare tactics. Be vigilant and support gun friendly policies,people and so on. They can't take what we REFUSE to give them.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 01:35:14 AM »
"Coffee"?

Also known as Nectar of Olympus, that which allows me to converse with "challenged" people early in my day without committing murder and mayhem. Oh, sweet ground bean of paradise, you keep my eyelids up!

The Guardian

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 12:15:15 AM »

How is the current idiot any different that the previous 3 who were also idiots? Obama the idiot had a rubber stamp congress and couldn't get it done so meh... not interested in any more scare tactics. Be vigilant and support gun friendly policies,people and so on. They can't take what we REFUSE to give them.

I reiterate.....?politics is nothing more than a reality show anymore?.....the media are the directors of the show  ::)