Author Topic: A different kind of attack. Experience last night  (Read 2298 times)

KingPolymer-III

A different kind of attack. Experience last night
« on: April 16, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »
An interesting thing happened to me that I would like to share with all of you. Last night I was up late and upon opening my refrigerator realized that I had no milk, so I got in my car very late and proceeded to the nearest 7-11, about 3/4 mile. I am of course always armed. CZ2075 in .40SW in my pocket holster and a NAA .22MAG black widow in an ankle holster for backup. Upon stopping at the nearest traffic light, a low riding souped up Honda civic pulled up in the adjoining lane and I experienced anger that I have never experienced before. The first thing that happened is that I was deafened and I felt my ribs vibrate. I would say there had to be 200 decibels eminating from that little car. The sonic attack continued and I prayed for the light to turn green. It lasted about 15 seconds but was enough to deafen and vibrate my insides. I consider this to be a sonic weapon and I am in no way being dramatic.  . I cannot tell myself that it will be justice enough that these pimple faced freaks will be deaf by age 20, but what about the innocent bystandrs now. Although noice ordinances exist, police are way too busy going after what they consider to be "real" crimes, but this is incredible. I have never experienced such a sonic attack. It was very unerving. I gave the pimple faced freak who drove the car a look of death he would never forget. He sped off. I truly hope he pays for this.
Please dont think that I am some puritanical crabby idiot., I listened to metal music like Def Leppard and Judas Priest when I was a teenager, and I played it loud in my car, but there is a difference between loud and a SONIC ATTACK. ,plus bass and audio technology has evolved to weapon's grade sonic output. Am I being too dramatic?, My ears are still ringing, it was incredible. I have never been hit with this much sound directly. I had to ask the Lord for forgiveness because after the freak sped away, I wished him eternal bleepation. Please share your thoughts.

Offline SLM crew chief

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:14:21 AM »
Ah yes, it can be loud and you probably aren't over exagerating, other than the 200 dB.  THAT would be a new world record.  I've read that 200 dB is impossible, not due to the lack of electronics and fantastic quality subs available today but because of the laws of physics.  Anyway, I can understand your point but do feel that the police have MUCH MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about than a couple kids (or myself or you) crusing around blasting some tunes.  Maybe I'm a little biased but just seeing a cop doing a traffic stop pisses me off.  Leave people driving ALONE!!!  Go catch whoever has been breaking into sheds and garages less than 5 miles from me and cleaning them out.  They've got 15 in the last three weeks and there are "no suspects".  Why?  Because every **** cop is too frackin busy worring if my radio is too loud,  or if I'm doing 38 in a 35.  Am I hurting anything???  **** NO I'M NOT!!!  Get the **** out there and catch the drug dealers, rapist, burglars, the **** head that backed into my car and I even gave you his license plate number and you STILL couldn't catch him.  Maybe if the did something besides harass people driving to and from work or just out crusing around they would get some respect!  I don't need to see 4 police cars driving around where I work, and I sure don't need to see them sitting on the side of the road with a radar gun.  I NEED TO SEE them catching the ******* that robbed the house 5 houses down from mine.  They EVEN HAD A PICTURE OF THE GUY FROM THE ATM AT THE BANK, KNEW WHERE HE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND LIVED, ETC AND STILL COULD'T CATCH HIM!  I'm sorry that your ears are still ringing.  I agree that that level of volume is extreme but all you have to do is put your window up, pull up or back up a couple feet and you won't notice it any more.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:06:18 PM »
SLM Crew Chief, watch the language.
   As for enforcing the law, police officers are not given the authority do determine which laws they may enforce, or ignore. If you are driving over the speed limit, or driving recklessly, you are in violation of the law, period. If you get a ticket, you know what the law is - you paid for that one just as well as the guy who robs the corner market.
Several states/municipalities have noise ordinances that address loud steroes. This can be annoying, or dangerous, if it obliterates the sound of emergency vehicles. Backing up may have not been an option at the time. Besides, what would you do if you have 6 hours to sleep until you have to go to work, and the same guy is blasting his stereo outside your house, on a public street, at 0 Dark 30? I am willing to bet you'd call the cops, even if they were out catching bad guys....
   I understand your frustration with law enforcement, as sometimes it seems absolutely nothing is being done about anything.  I can only assure that from what little I know, it only seems that way.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
And how exactly do you think the people who commit crimes get to and from the locations? Teleportation?

From my experience, 20 years so far, I have made many more crime arrests from traffic stops than from investigations. When I was a detective I averaged maybe 4 crime arrests a month, when on patrol, probably 10 or more. It's a simple fact, criminals use vehicles to transport stolen goods (including the vehicle), burglary tools, narcotics, and the proceeds of crime.
As for people that whine about getting stopped because they were *only* going 38 in a 35, or *only* parked in the handicapped bay to run inside for 30 seconds - cry me a river - if you don't want to get stopped and/or ticketed, don't break the law - it's that simple.

I cannot comment about the other alleged failures of your local police since for all I know they investigated your information and discovered the license plate was stolen, or was false or something else, but to berate police officers for enforcing laws that don't fit with your priorities is pointless, for every person who doesn't want police doing traffic enforcement, there's another complaining they don't do enough.

KP, you're right, these turbo bass nitiwits will be deaf in short order, which, if you like, is Karma coming back to pay them out.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

KingPolymer-III

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »
widge and armor,  I agree, well said,  

"KP, you're right, these turbo bass nitiwits will be deaf in short order, which, if you like, is Karma coming back to pay them out."

There is tremendous comfort in the above quoted statement.

SLM:
  well,  there is nothing I can say in response to what you have said.

BRASMAN

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 11:25:54 PM »
Yep they are to loud. Plain and simple.

Offline www

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 04:01:41 PM »
I'm new and really like this forum. Please tell me there is not a lot of anti-cop members.

Offline Cliff47

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 05:26:55 PM »
From everything that I have read on this forum, I would say that the majority of the mambers are very PRO Law Enforcement.  Just that some times they (LEOs) aren't where you would like them to be.

KingPolymer-III

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 04:08:13 AM »
I would say that most here are pro lawenforcement, including myself.  Wanting an ordinance enforced does not make one anti law enforcement.

Offline www

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 05:20:17 AM »
Sure glad to hear that. Only one person got a little hostile, and I can relate to some of what he said. I'm in my 30th year as a leo. Shift Lt. at the moment. Trust me, no one is more frustrated than the cop on the street, at the inability to be everwhere he is needed. I work in a small town of 26,000. Most of the time it's just myself and 3 or 4 patrolman. We can't keep up with the calls, much less be pro-active. My guys do an excellent job considering their number. If one of them has time to work radar, it's because he was told to do so. A result of citizen complaints. Crime prevention has all but be come a thing of the past due to the increased volume of calls and paper work. But lord knows we still try.
Hope this give some folks a little insight.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »
I know whatcha mean, LT. I am a shift Sgt for AZ DOC. You catch 'em, we'll keep 'em.

raveneap

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »
I'm retired now but spent 30 years as a law enforcement officer.  I don't know how many times I had to knock on someone's door to tell theirtheir loved one wouldn't be coming home due to a motor vehicle crash.  Notice I didn't say "accident."  Very few are actually accidents; most are due to some driver's error.  It would have been great if some of those folks had run into a "traffic cop" instead of ending up dead.  I agree, "...cops are never around when you want them."  As has already been said, far too few officers;far too many needs.  And it's not getting any better.

Offline sprscientist

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 09:19:21 PM »
KP III-

I thought you might appreciate this.  I too pulled alongside a pimped out bass thumping compact import the other day, with a couple of real winners inside.  Traffic was stopped and a long way to go until the light and I'm thinking I'm going to be next to this racket for awhile.  Traffic starts to move and this guy still must be learning the manual transmission things because he pops the clutch and kills it - wonderful silence follows and i move along getting well past him before he gets the operation going again.  One of those lucky moments I guess...

KingPolymer-III

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 03:58:15 PM »
spr:
  A great moment no doubt, thanks for sharing. :D

anything