Author Topic: Playing down in Southern Utan  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Playing down in Southern Utan
« on: July 14, 2017, 12:55:29 PM »
Finally getting to practice outdoors again. I'll be honest, I haven't been dry firing much and my draw remains slow. But I am seeing the points where I mess up so while I'm slow, I'm becoming consistent in the aspects that needed fixing. Here's some pics of the place I found out in the desert.

The pic with my SP-01 was me drawing and doing 2 shots at 15 yards (first shat DA).

The pic with my Rami was me playing around and shooting 3 shots at 25 yards. Nothing to write home about, but it's an accurate little pistol and a joy to shoot! Eats everything so far (plated and hollow points). Oh BTW this was with the 10 rnd magazine, so it was really a 2 finger hold with my pinky dangling off.

That last pic was 4 shots with my SAO SP-01 Compact. I was standing with a 2 hand grip at 50 yards aiming at the head. I saw that I dropped one shot, and it's the one that's low left. I got one on the head and the other two I missed.

I might be able to make it to the match tomorrow morning at Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range. I hope so, but if not I'll try and get to matches back up at home. It's fun seeing improvement and consistency and being able to self diagnose. 2 months ago my first shot in DA was all over the place, so I'm pleased how much that has improved!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:27:38 PM by Scarlett Pistol »
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline longgonedaddy

Re: Playing down in Southern Utan
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
Nice spot...nice shooting!

I sooo have to get the Rami back out to the range

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:26:27 PM »
Nice spot...nice shooting!

I sooo have to get the Rami back out to the range

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Yeah, get that out and go do some of that awesome bullseye shooting you've been doing with you 97. Let's see how the Rami does in the hands of someone skilled.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »
I'm moving to an outdoor range this year too! I can't wait!!

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 01:48:54 PM »
Oh nice! I don't have an official outdoor range, but we got that white Subaru Outback in the pics and now I can go down dirt roads. Wife drives it during the week then I get it for weekend adventures (hence I couldn't just get a little truck). So the Outback is really my pass to the outdoors ranges...

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 01:49:48 PM »
Oh nice! I don't have an official outdoor range, but we got that white Subaru Outback in the pics and now I can go down dirt roads. Wife drives it during the week then I get it for weekend adventures (hence I couldn't just get a little truck). So the Outback is really my pass to the outdoors ranges...

Well, you're outdoor range looks free :P And I can't shoot centerfire rifle at my range :(

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 01:56:28 PM »

Well, you're outdoor range looks free And I can't shoot centerfire rifle at my range :(
Lol free is relative... Let's just say I have a new monthly range fee due to a bank haha.

Everytime I hear something new about your range's rules or your state's gun laws I just feel bad for you...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »
Now that's some beautiful country there, sir, beautiful indeed.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
Now that's some beautiful country there, sir, beautiful indeed.
It sure is! Your desert isn't too different... In fact  may have crossed the AZ border on this little escapade.

Mrs Armoredman

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 02:32:57 AM »

That is some beautiful country too.  It looks like the desert I have lived in all my life.  I have 2 Rami's and they are great little guns not to bulky. I hope you have fun with your P-10.

Thanks for the great pictures too.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »

That is some beautiful country too.  It looks like the desert I have lived in all my life.  I have 2 Rami's and they are great little guns not to bulky. I hope you have fun with your P-10.

Thanks for the great pictures too.

Funny how CZ owners fall in love with a pistol and end up buying a 2nd. Did that with the SP-01 Compacts. Glad to hear you love the Rami too!

There's a unique beauty and serenity in the red deserts in the South Western US.

anything