Author Topic: Anyone ever use Mirachem Gun Cleaner Degreaser?  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Smells Familiar

Anyone ever use Mirachem Gun Cleaner Degreaser?
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »
Wondering if anyone has used  Mirachem Cleaner Degreaser to blow out their action?  If so, is it comparable to Gun Scrubber? Is the cleaning action even close to GS? If so, I'll make the switch to Mirachem. I'm attracted to it because it's non-toxic, can be used indoors, and it's less expensive than Gun Scrubber.

thanks all

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 09:36:13 AM »
GunScrubber is basically repackaged auto brake cleaner.  At four times the price.

Don't know about Mirachem.

Offline Smells Familiar

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:28:22 AM »
OK, so it appears that not many, if anyone, uses Mirachem. I saw it on Brownells site, however have found that its much less expensive on Mirachem's site and shipping is included, but you have to buy 3 cans at a time.  I went ahead and bought some (3 cans).  After I've tested it out on a few guns I'll post some observations favorable or no.  I always try to give any alternative to a toxic product a chance if it seems promising.  The technology is out there, now the people have to show that there's a market for nontoxic alternatives that work.  I hope this is one that works!

BRASMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 03:37:47 AM »
Please let us know how it works out.