Author Topic: CZ82 Pistols at Classic Firearms In Stock Notice  (Read 5851 times)

Offline jb1911

Re: CZ82 Pistols at Classic Firearms In Stock Notice
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
I read something the other day about the finish on the 82s.  It said that the last year of production, 1994, they went to a new finish on the 82s and 83s that was a huge improvement over the original finish.  Mine is a '94.  Maybe that's why it is in such great shape.  I wish I could remember where I saw it written, but I'm 65 and have CRS.

Offline il.bill

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »
I noticed that, too.  Probably explains why they showed at least 2 large crates full of 82's in their original video, but somehow sold out in less than 12 hours. 

I've noticed that Classic often seems to "sell out" of products that they have hyped, only to "find" some more a bit later.  Sometimes repeatedly.
If it's popular, I'm against it.

Offline il.bill

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Maybe they use the 'first batch' to gauge response, then raise the price 8-10% after selling out and 'finding' a second batch of firearms.

Either way, CZ82 pistols in nice shape can be hard to find these days for a buyer.  I am going to sell one of mine soon and am watching prices and availability with much interest!

Offline SafetyMike

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »
Bought one last month but was delayed getting to the range and found that the recoil caused the safety to engage unintentionally.  The safety just slides up and down with little resistance.  I took it apart and found the steel ball out of place.  I moved it back but if I engage the safety it moves back out and the safety again has no resistance to it.  I moved the ball back and I will not use the safety an attempt another range trip to see if it will stay down.  Anybody ever face this and have a solution.  Considering using some epoxy to fix ball in place but hate to do that.  I complained about this hand select and was basically told too bad and they wont help me.  There hand selects are more often than not a waste of money
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:05:59 PM by SafetyMike »

Offline jb1911

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
Bought one last month but was delayed getting to the range and found that the recoil caused the safety to engage unintentionally.  The safety just slides up and down with little resistance.  I took it apart and found the steel ball out of place.  I moved it back but if I engage the safety it moves back out and the safety again has no resistance to it.  I moved the ball back and I will not use the safety an attempt another range trip to see if it will stay down.  Anybody ever face this and have a solution.  Considering using some epoxy to fix ball in place but hate to do that.  I complained about this hand select and was basically told too bad and they wont help me.  Their hand selects are more often than not a waste of money
Where do you get this information from?  Personal experience?  I've bought a P64, a Bulgarian Makarov and a CZ82 from Classic in the last 6 months and paid for the hand select.  All 3 were in shockingly, almost like new condition.  Buy a new safety lever and live happily ever after.

Offline eastman

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Bought one last month but was delayed getting to the range and found that the recoil caused the safety to engage unintentionally.  The safety just slides up and down with little resistance.  I took it apart and found the steel ball out of place.  I moved it back but if I engage the safety it moves back out and the safety again has no resistance to it.  I moved the ball back and I will not use the safety an attempt another range trip to see if it will stay down.  Anybody ever face this and have a solution.  Considering using some epoxy to fix ball in place but hate to do that.  I complained about this hand select and was basically told too bad and they wont help me.  Their hand selects are more often than not a waste of money
Where do you get this information from?  Personal experience?  I've bought a P64, a Bulgarian Makarov and a CZ82 from Classic in the last 6 months and paid for the hand select.  All 3 were in shockingly, almost like new condition.  Buy a new safety lever and live happily ever after.

Hand selects are strictly based on cosmetics. For example, a hand select P-64 will look like new, and have a 25 lb DA trigger pull.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SafetyMike

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
Let see I bought the CZ82 hand select and got one with tape on it and now the safety wont stay in one position.  I think to make this work I will need a new little ball and then figure out how to get it in place of course the old one out first.  I bought a TT57 hand select AND extra for getting the Yugo seal.  The safety will cut you if you are not careful and there are marks all over the lever which would be cosmetic which is what the hand selects are based on.  I also bought a Beretta 92 police trade ins and got hand select and the amount of holster wear was a lot more than expected for hand select and from the videos they showed on YouTube.  Just saying and if you look on their own site there many people who feel that paying for hand select was a waste of money.  And right now my personal experience remains paying for extra for hand select is a waste of money.

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »
I, too, have been disappointed with the condition of the "hand select" items I have received from Classic, as I reported in an earlier post in this thread.  This is based on multiple experiences, and I am only addressing visual appearance.

The slide on the CZ82 that I got from them recently was pretty badly chipped, thus visually it was not very appealing although it functions fine.  If mine had truly been hand selected, it must have come from an awful batch.

Worse was the Bulgarian Makarov that I got from them a while back that was from a batch they touted as being virtually unused.  My hand select item came with lots of carry wear, yet several other buyers posted pictures of truly pristine guns that they got from the same batch - but without paying for hand select.

The bottom line on any "hand select" is that the buyer does not know what "their" gun is being compared against, nor do they know who is doing the comparing and how much care they are putting into the choice that they are making on your behalf.  Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes not.  I would rather that they did a good job of grading into categories and hen charge accordingly, instead of what seems like a lottery.

Offline jb1911

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 10:47:41 PM »

Hand selects are strictly based on cosmetics. For example, a hand select P-64 will look like new, and have a 25 lb DA trigger pull.

All P-64s have a 25 pound DA trigger pull.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:50:10 PM by jb1911 »

Offline Quercusmax

• It wasn't my fault
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »

That's why Wolff is our friend.

I though my first P-64 was broken at first, until I pulled the hammer back manually.  I'm a SA guy anyway, so was OK after I learned about this P-64 idiosyncrasy.  Then I ordered and installed some new springs to mark things better.  Installing them pushed me to the limits of my gunsmithing abilities with tiny things, but glad I did.

For some odd reason, the P-64 is one of those guns that I am just naturally accurate with.  Tiny gun; go figure.

Offline eastman

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 01:12:33 AM »

The first one I bought (which actually looks used) probably only has a 20 lb DA pull (gauge doesn't go that high)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline jb1911

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
I changed the hammer spring to an 18 and the SA pull was scary light. I didn't think it was safe so I'm staying with the 19.  In a close up SD situation I'm pretty sure I can hit center mass with the DA pull.

anything