Author Topic: SP01 for carry optics questions  (Read 5703 times)

Offline levellinebrad

SP01 for carry optics questions
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:57:31 PM »
I have just purchased another sp01 with the production legal kit from cgw and I'm going to use it for carry optics. I'm thinking of using the delta point 7.5 moa optic. Any opinions?

The magazines are 18 round cz mags, what base pads do you guys recommend to get the most rounds? I really don't know what other questions to ask so please feel free to chime in with any advice you might have. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:06:22 PM by levellinebrad »
Greed and the struggle for power will rule the day until we the people decide we have had enough.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: SP01 for carry optics questions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 07:54:23 PM »
A match shooter friend has almost that exact set-up you described.  He is In the top three shooters overall most of the time at our local matches  (small pond,  but he shoots well at major matches too).
That is a very smooth and fast set-up.

CZ Stock  mags hold 19,  basepad choice can add one or even two..I'm told.

,'Stuart" knows the base pad specifics.

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »
Thanks 1SOW.
Greed and the struggle for power will rule the day until we the people decide we have had enough.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
One thing,  are you sure you want a dot that big?  That would block seeing a big portion of a 9,yrd small knock-off plate.  Shooters preference for sure,  but have you tried a 7.5, 4 or 3 moa dot? 

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »
One thing,  are you sure you want a dot that big?  That would block seeing a big portion of a 9,yrd small knock-off plate.  Shooters preference for sure,  but have you tried a 7.5, 4 or 3 moa dot?

I have shot the 7.5 delta point pro on an m&p. I loved the triangle. I actually zeroed it to the point of the triangle. Worked great at distance and for anything 10 yds and under, I saw red in the A zone and started squeezing the trigger. Hated the pistol though. It's hard to go back to plastic.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:12:28 AM by levellinebrad »

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 11:04:22 PM »
Go for it.  Milling it in or using an adapter?

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:13:05 AM »
I'm going to mill the slide.

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 12:25:45 PM »
We'll, my pistol is at the machinists getting milled for a deltapoint pro. Should be able to pick it up tomorrow. I also ordered some 17 round magazine tubes from Ben Stoeger. The 18 round factory mags would hold 24 reloadable but measured 151 mm with the +4 tartan tactical bases. I'm hoping the 17 round mags will get me to 141mm. I should know by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:28:07 PM by levellinebrad »

Offline JonSays

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 12:07:13 AM »
I currently run my SP01 for carry optics when I'm bored of limited. Although recently sent the slide off to mill. Was using a mount before. Also I use the CMORE STS2 6 MOA. But just saw your post and maybe my 2 cents will help. I run the mecgar 17 mags with TTI +4 base pads and it stays within the 141mm. Each of my mags can hold 21+1. Can't wait to get my slide milled so back to limited I go.

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I received my mecgar 17 round tubes today and they measure exactly 141.25mm with the tti +4. They will hold 23 rounds with the grams springs and followers. The gun with mag weighs in at 42.5 ounces. I may take it to NC Section match and have them see if it meets all the criteria for carry optics. I'm pretty excited to be shooting a cz again.

Offline JonSays

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
Which gram springs and followers did you use to get 23? I used the factory mecgar 17 rounds with TTi +4 and can only fit 21

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 06:48:45 PM »
Which gram springs and followers did you use to get 23? I used the factory mecgar 17 rounds with TTi +4 and can only fit 21
FKCMG-11 is the sku number from Ben Stoeger pro shop

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
I run an SP-01 manual safety with the full CGW setup and a Burris Fastfire III as my optic in carry optics.
I'm able to get 23 rounds reloadable in the following setups:
18 round factory tubes with +2 Taran Tactical pad with the 10522 cz custom spring/followers
17 round mecgar tubes with +4 Taran Tactical pad with the 10522 cz custom spring/followers (might need some modifications on the follower for this setup)
I have a EGW mag gauge and both of those setups passed the gauge.

Offline levellinebrad

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:33:28 AM »
I finally shot my first carry optics gun at an indoor match. Yay!

Going back to the sp01 from the 2011 is tough. I was having a hard time gripping the gun. There just isn't much real estate on the left side
of that grip as there is on a 2011. It was also the first time I had shot it too. Worked great though and I think with some practice the grip would be fine.

Offline sdlrodeo

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:47 AM »
Had CGW mill the slide of my SP-01 Shadow (and toss in a barrel bushing while it was there. I run a DPP with the 7 moa triangle. Top point is zeroed at 25 yds. For closeup head shots I put the point at the top of the head to hit As due to the offset.

I ordered the complete mags from Stoeger with TTI base pads. They fit the 140mm gauge and I get 23 reloadable.

I too see red in the A zone and press. Amazing how accurate and fast this set up can be.

anything