Author Topic: new toy - Canik TP9SFx  (Read 3789 times)

Offline CzechLands

Re: new toy - Canik TP9SFx
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »
I have been looking at the sfx as well, but ended up buying a CZ75 Omega. Canik seems to be the hot thing right now.
Are they that much better than Glock, beside the price?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:18:03 AM by CzechLands »

Offline Mercs

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 12:43:34 AM »
Yep I'm liking my TP9sfx what a trigger. Then I find out all these guns are being recalled or what Canik calls upgraded. The problems is Canik is NOT going to pay for your shipping. That PISSES ME OFF.
Supposedly the pre upgrade trigger is the one everyone raved about before they started shipping with the severe duty upgrade. I shot one of those and it is indeed very nice. The Canik guys say after the upgrade it’s a different story. So unless you want to repeatedly drop your pistol and abuse it you may not want that upgrade. However post-upgrade triggers can be “fixed” with different springs. Guys are using Glock springs and even springs from Home Depot are being used now for that with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline whitelotus9

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 10:27:56 PM »
One thing I have to say about the TP9SFx is it's slide assembly (slide parts, barrel, recoil spring/guide rod) is massively heavy!  The frame weighs almost nothing compared to the slide.  The firearm sits extremely well in the hand with an empty magazine inserted...I suspect it will sit even better with a full magazine.  I'm thinking that the slide assembly will seriously dampen whatever recoil there may be from the 9mm ammunition which is very small anyhow.
Is the shooter ready?  Stand By...

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 08:30:15 PM »
I was in an area gun megastore today looking at optics and stuff. They had a few Caniks in the display case and it was the first time I've actually seen them. Nice looking pistols. I didn't have time to have the sales associate show it to me. Next time I'll get a closer look.

I have a neighbor down the street from me who is Turkish. I asked him how to pronounce 'Canik.' He said Canik several times and to me it sort of sounded like Jon-eek, Jan-ik, Yan-ik, or Yan-eek. Whatever you do, don't say Kan-nik.

:)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:47:40 PM by BKmetz »
You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
I’ve heard really good things. They appear to be Walther Q5 Match clones which are well regarded.
CZC Bull Shadow 2 - Bronze
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline Titus66

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
A nice wide trigger, and very smooth and crisp!

Offline Frank72

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
Congrats on the new addition!

I have the SFX as well. I must have the old trigger cause its sweet! Reset is very short. Hands down best striker fire trigger I have shot.

I have added a vortex venom red dot to mine. Very accurate and followup is quick.

This is my third Canik. I had a TP9SA which I liked and a Tristar P-120.

Offline RaksCity

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »
I have been looking at the sfx as well, but ended up buying a CZ75 Omega. Canik seems to be the hot thing right now.
Are they that much better than Glock, beside the price?
Hate to say this, I like them better than a glock. I have the tp9sf elite and put 1,000 rounds through it within a week and it ran flawlessly.
It has better sights and the best trigger than any striker fired pistol that I have shot. Smooth clean pull then you hit a wall followed by a clean break. Accurate too.
The only drawback is not many aftermarket support if any.

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 07:00:37 AM »
Glock adjustable rear/static rear sights will work and the S&W front sights do too.  Get a sight pusher and Have Fun!

Most parts from the Walther PPQ series work.  The striker pins are a bit weak hence the recall.  Canik USA would not sell me parts until they broke so I sold the gun.  No regrets.  Since then, all my polymer guns have been sold.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 07:16:15 AM »
I'm picking up an SFX Tuesday from a buddy who decided it wasnt for him. I've handled several and the triggers have all been consistently good. I think it's the best OTB striker fired trigger on the market right now. Should be a great way to get some match time with an optic before milling one of my CZ's.

Offline rotorwind

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2018, 01:27:41 AM »
Congrats!   I own an SFX and it’s been great.  I have 2700 rounds through it and use it for USPSA Carry optics.   I got it when it first came out.   Trigger is very nice.   Not sending it in for the “upgrade”

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »

This is the thread that did it for me. I start reading about Caniks and I like what I'm reading. Then I see a few in the guns stores and I like what I see. Then I find a good deal online and here we are!

Don't worry CZ people, I have lots of plans for more CZs.

:)
You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »
I broke down and bought one also.

I was wanting to shoot with an optic in several different competitions and cannot see a better, less expensive way to do it.

I ordered a FDE TP9SFX for 430 shipped plus $20 for my FFL. G2G Guns.

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
 I've had my TP9SFx for about 2 months it came with the updated trigger that broke at just under 5 lb.  I didn't like the long take up so I replaced the factory trigger with a Fat Daddy trigger and the striker spring with a stock 5.5 lb. Glock spring.  It now has the best trigger I've ever seen on a striker fired pistol with a 2.9 lb. break and a 1/8" reset.  After about 1,000 rounds I also added a Vortex 3 moa red dot it's a lot more accurate and fun to shoot than my Glock MOS.  I hope you enjoy your new range toy I'm having fun with mine.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:32 PM »
I've had my TP9SFx for about 2 months it came with the updated trigger that broke at just under 5 lb.  I didn't like the long take up so I replaced the factory trigger with a Fat Daddy trigger and the striker spring with a stock 5.5 lb. Glock spring.  It now has the best trigger I've ever seen on a striker fired pistol with a 2.9 lb. break and a 1/8" reset.  After about 1,000 rounds I also added a Vortex 3 moa red dot it's a lot more accurate and fun to shoot than my Glock MOS.  I hope you enjoy your new range toy I'm having fun with mine.

I dont shoot that much now, but i still enjoy it.

Ive let others take it for a test drive and they like it too.

anything