Author Topic: new toy - Canik TP9SFx  (Read 8257 times)

Offline bang bang

new toy - Canik TP9SFx
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
got a new toy.

its my first Canik. I wasnt looking for one, but my dealer had it.  I guess someone bugged out on an order.  But their loss is my gain.

im not a fan of duo tone, but the tungsten/black works.  Lots of accessories for it so i may have to look for a optic for it.

sorry but no pics since all of the places i use to use to post pics wont.

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Re: new toy - Canik TP9SFx
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:08:23 AM »
Enjoy that's a fine handgun you got threre ,hopefully a compact version of that will be available down the road.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline bgw45

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
Got one a week ago and now have 1000 rounds through it. One FTF due to my reloading skills.  Going on the nightstand soon.

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:57:22 PM »
I got one in match staff raffle.   I'm going to shoot it, with a Fastfire 3, in Steel Challenge this weekend.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 01:37:04 AM »
I've got two other Caniks, a TP9SA (the one everyone freaked out about because it is single action and has a decocker), and the TP9V2, which is more or less a copy internally of the Walther P99 AS, being a DA/SA striker fired pistol with a decocker.  Both have been utterly reliable and quite accurate.

Enjoy the SFx.

Offline ARP

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »
I picked up a FDE TP9SF about a month ago. What i have discovered is that the Bladetech S&W MP9 holster is a direct fit for this gun. Mine came with the Warren Tactical rear sight and the standard front which I think i'll swap out for a FO at some point.

I had not shot for a while, so I had it to the range last week. My first few shots were low and left, once I got a feel for it (started at 5 yards), I was on combat target with it. Ran flawless of Federal alu cased 115gr ammo from Walmart ($20 per 100). Bought 2 extra mags for it from JG Sales @ $60 shipped. I liked it, very little muzzle flip. It's a keeper.

Paid $300 plus $30 shipping from Prepper Gun Store and $35 transfer.

Offline MattStainless

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 11:34:52 PM »
I'm really intrigued by this gun.  It seems like a great value for the price, and seems to get good reviews.  I haven't had the opportunity to handle one yet, but look forward to giving it an in person examination. 

Give us a range report after you get a chance to spend some time with it.

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
I didn't get to shoot my SFX in Steel Challenge.   I had to take a business trip to Seoul Korea instead.   :)

I did get to shoot it in a USPSA match yesterday.   It doesn't have the wonderful ergonomics of my Shadow.   But it was a hoot to shoot and ran great.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline MICZguy

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
I got to put my hands on one last week and I really liked it. It'll be a bit before I get one because I've got a RAMi and a 75B in layaway right now.

Offline BigTexasOne

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »
Took my new TP9sfx to the range today,  first time,  and put a couple hundred rounds through her without a single hiccup. The interesting thing is that I took my Burris Fast-food off of my G17, and installed it on the sfx and out only needed a tiny adjustment.   I am thrilled.  For the price,  $469., it might be the best pistol ought there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
As  much as I love CZ's, I have recently purchased a few Caniks.

They are amazing guns even before you factor in the price point.

The TP9SFX is amazing, and what you get for that price is outstanding.

I installed a Trijicon on it last week and its even better now.

This brand deserves a lot more chatter.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 02:31:19 AM »
OP- Congratulations on your new Canik TP9SFx and may it serve you well!  8)  :)

I've been really happy with my original Canik TP9V1 and I continue to read and see good vibes about the other TP9 Series handguns.

I also own and operate a Canik/TriStar T-120, which is an aluminum/aluminium framed Cz75 SP01 Clone with a bit of Israeli styling.
Also an excellent handgun in fit and finish, reliability, and accuracy.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 07:50:31 AM »
Congrats on the the acquisition of the TP9SFx!

I've got and shoot a TP9SA and a TP9SF. 
They both have been absolutely reliable and shoot well. 
I haven't shot an SFx yet, but I know full well i would like it too.

In fact, I was intending to buy the TP9SFx - when I spotted the SP-01 Tactical - and walked out of the gun store with that instead.  That's OK though, I can still go back and get the Canik when the "honeymoon" with my Tac is over.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
Yep I'm liking my TP9sfx what a trigger. Then I find out all these guns are being recalled or what Canik calls upgraded. The problems is Canik is NOT going to pay for your shipping. That PISSES ME OFF.

Offline whitelotus9

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »
I visited my local gun store today to pickup some 9mm ammunition to replace what I had shot over the weekend.  I noticed a Canik TP9SFx in their display case amongst the used handguns.  When I inquired about it, I found it was actually new.  After handling it and checking it out a while, it ended up following me home. 
Is the shooter ready?  Stand By...

anything