Author Topic: Need help and advise, Production and SSP build  (Read 1864 times)

Offline The Conservative

Need help and advise, Production and SSP build
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
I shot USPSA many years ago and it is time to go back.  In this area IDPA seems more active so I want to shoot that as well.  Will be shooting Production in USPSA and SSP in IDPA.  Want to build a gun that will work in both.  USPSA seems fairly clear, but IDPA has my head spinning.  Anyway I am planning to do a transitional pre B 75.  It will have full Cajun competition internals which are legal, but not real sure about the following.  Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.  Also if I am one the wrong tract I would like to hear that as well.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/85c/ CZ 85 trigger I think this is ok for Production without adjusting screw but not sure about SSP.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/barrel-bushing-sp-01-10x/ Barrel Bushing, Production approved but not sure about SSP

https://cajungunworks.com/product/shadow-extended-manual-safety-lh-side-only/  Extended Safety, Not totally sure on this one and a safety shouldn't be a big deal in those division, but my thumb is really happy when it has a safety to ride. 

Finally a Rami slide stop, I have pretty big paws and will hit it by accident. The small slidestop prevents this.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Dubler1

Re: Need help and advise, Production and SSP build
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:55 AM »
I shoot uspsa so I cant help ya much on the idpa front.  however, as I understand the rules for production, generally, you cannot modify anything external on the gun.  so with that said, switching triggers and slide stop would be a no go. I believe an extended safety is ok for a shadow 2 only because one comes with that gun.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »
You can use any factory part that is on any CZ that is on the production list.  So in USPSA the 85C trigger is good to go.  The 10X bushing has also been ruled a replacement part for all CZ that come from the factory with a bushing, so again good to go.  You can use the Shadow factory  Extended Safety but not the CZ Custom  Extended Safety as it is a custom part.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »
My transitional has the early style safety, so the b style won't work.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 07:11:24 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, they were hugely helpful.  Bossgobbler, in a few sentences you cleared up the head spinning that two days of research inflicted on me. Many thanks.  The Transitional gun that I am rebuilding is a 95 and uses the same safety that B models use.  I believe that the only difference between this gun and a B model is the lack of a firing pin block.  I have rebuilt a 94 Transitional with Cajun's defensive package and absolutely love it.  Really looking forward to having the 95 shooting.  I think I am ok with the IDPA rules.  Anyway, thanks again of the USPSA help.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers