Author Topic: Anyone here have a M&P pistol?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline viking499

Anyone here have a M&P pistol?
« on: August 18, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »
Anyone here have or shoot an M&P compact or full-size 9mm pistol?  Like or dislike?  Accuracy?

Offline Blackwatch

Re: Anyone here have a M&P pistol?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:47:00 PM »
M&P Shield with mods - like it a lot!!

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
Three years ago, I purchased a new M&P 9 full-size.  I was never satisfied with the accuracy, so I sold it.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 07:20:57 PM »
My CZ's replaced my M&P's.

Bought the FS 9MM first.  First range trip was terrible.  Took two fingers to get the trigger to release the striker.  Next day you had to sort of pull the trigger sideways to get it to release the striker.  Day after that you couldn't get it to go bang.  "Fixed it with an APEX CAEK kit.  Trigger was nice for a couple years.  Accuracy was never as good as my XDM though.  Then the trigger went south again.  Finally got it figured out, but by then I'd bought the P07 and I was a CZ guy.

A few months after I got the 9MM M&P I got a FS M&P in .40 S&W and bought a .357 SIG barrel for it (S&W barrel, not aftermarket).  Had an issue with it tumbling bullets that shot fine in my Glock M31.  Parked it in the safe, too, after getting the P07, which was followed by a P09 and then another P09 and then lots of various models of CZ Compacts.

I'm sure you can get a decently accurate M&P, neither of mine were accurate and one was not reliable enough to trust my life with.  And now S&W must have realized it because they've come out with the 2.0 version.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline tattooo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 07:30:41 PM »
M&P 9L Performance center, apex trigger, deltapoint & a magwell.....absolutely love it....flat shooter and plenty accurate

Offline tabbywmollya

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 09:49:03 PM »
Had a M AND P Shield 9mm. Great shooter. Very accurate for me a 60 yr old. Good trigger. A little muzzle flip. To be expected from a 3 inch barrel.  Single stack comes within 7 or 8 round mags. Just traded.  I still own a M and P 2.0 full size 9mm. Its a keeper double stack 17 round capacity. Trigger is great out the box.  Apex makes a trigger kit if you want better than factory.  The stippled grips from the factory and replaceable backstrap make the 2.0 easy to grip customize to your hands. I would consider the 2.0. Ive had no issues with mine in 500 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline bang bang

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »
I got my M&P 45 when they first came out. 

At first the trigger sucked.  But within 200 or so rounds at the range and at that one trip, the trigger improved considerably.   I was surprised since i have never had that happen on any of my toys.

i would like to get one in 9, but its not high on my priority.

Offline WVNed

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 11:33:24 PM »
I have a 9L, 9C and a shield. They seem adequate I had to change the sights on the 9L because it shot about 4 inches low. I just got thew shield a few days ago and haven't fired it yet.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline viking499

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »
My LGS had two new full size ones today for $350 otd choice.  Considered picking up one for that price, but since they seem to be hit or miss, I will pass and keep my eyes open for something else.

Offline slowgun45

• hunting guide leather-smith
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »
I have  the shield in.40sw after 600 rds ,  it failed to return to battery, so sent it to factory and it came back like new. no charge,but my favorite I'll stick to my cz compact for absolute security   
slowgun45

The Guardian

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »
Had a M&P 9...... did not dislike it.....just not striker kind of shooter  ::)

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Yes, a full size M&P in .40 but not a version 2.0.  I got some work done on the trigger.  I am not new to loading or target shooting but I was slow to learn that used .40 cases can have swelled cases (if fired in some Glocks).

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Have a .40.  If you are buying a non-2.0, budget for trigger upgrades, maybe a barrel to improve the accuracy.

What I like:
The overall fit in the hand
Trigger reach
Recoil management
Reliability
Tolerance for a wide variety of ammo

Things I don't like:
The stock trigger
Less than stellar accuracy.  (Good enough, but not like a CZ, Glock, Sig or Beretta out of the box.)

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »
I had a 9C with a trigger job and TFX sites.  I liked it and shot it well, but decided to sell it because it seemed redundant against my G19.  And since I had other glock 9mm and could interchange the mags it made sense.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 06:27:54 PM »
I had a full size and compact both in 9mm.  The compact was a good shooter, but the full sized was a joke accuracy wise.  Strung everything vertically giving about 1 foot groups at 25 yards.  It went back to S&W twice and they did not fix it.  Both guns were reliable.  I will probably never buy a new S&W as a result.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

anything