Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2346 times)

King-Lou-Dogg

What is this?
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:08:50 PM »
I just put a new CZ in layaway. Supposedly it's a CZ 75 Compact in 40sw, but it has some very interesting features...

First it has a 4.25" barrel. Unless the tag on the pistol is wrong, that's a very odd length.

The other features include: a DA/SA type safety with de-cocker, tac rail, rubber studded grips, grooved front and back straps, over sized trigger guard, low-pro sights (look like novaks) with glow-in-the-dark dots and 10 round mag capacity.

Now, normally I don't like the DA/SA trigger, I prefer to carry cocked and locked. But I couldn't pass this CZ up cuz of the price: $375, new.

After I put it on layaway, I went home, took a look at this site, and realized the pistol I just put on layaway doesn't exist in CZ's current line up! I've got what appears to be a strange animal! Even if the tag is wrong, and the barrel is your standard compact length of 3.9", no pistol in the catalog has all of the other features this one has. Is that weird?

Also, is there anyway to improve the trigger on a DA/SA?

Stasher1

What is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:02:45 PM »
Does it look like this?

King-Lou-Dogg

What is this?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:32:35 PM »
That's exactly it!!! Thanks! Is it an older model?

Is $375 as good a deal as I think it is? Does this model have any reputation? How can I improve the trigger? It DOES appear to have a slightly longer barrel compared to pics of the current CZ 75 Compact. Was the tag correct when it said 4.25" barrel?

Thanks!

Stasher1

What is this?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 02:49:26 PM »
What you have is a CZ 40P. It's kind of a "Frankengun" with a 40B slide and a P-01 frame. One of my favorite guns, and quite a bargain.

The answers you seek can be found HERE in the 40P forum.

Offline Jeff Bergquist

What is this?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:56:49 PM »
That is a CZ 40P; CZ's first foray into "compact" .40 caliber pistols. 4.25" for the barrel is right, as the slide assembly and barrel were originally made for the CZ 40B, the limited edition result of a failed collaboration with Colt. You can find more information on these pistols in the 40P and 40B forums.

As to whether it was a good deal, that depends. Most of us 40P owners got ours from CDNN for around $300, but feel that it is worth much more than that, so you'll have to decide for yourself whether you got a good deal or not.

Jeff
The bold type giveth, the fine print taketh away.

Offline verbaltharhino

What is this?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 12:03:13 PM »
CDNN was selling these for $269 NIB recently.  At a local shop, you'd pay more.  That seems a bit high, though.  Only my opinion, though.

Stasher1

What is this?
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 12:32:50 PM »
I paid $299 for mine from a local dealer, but I feel they're worth much, much more than that. You may have paid a bit more than some of us, but you still got a top-quality CZ pistol at a bargain price.