Author Topic: Any members in Las Vegas?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline LDD

Any members in Las Vegas?
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:32:16 PM »
Any other CZ board members live in Las Vegas?

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 01:27:20 AM »
I've been a CZ Forum member since the middle of last summer and do my shooting at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club in Boulder City or at American Shooters over on Arville near Spring Mountain.  I currently have 7 CZ's (don't tell my wife!)

1-CZ 40P that I'll pick up from Bargain Pawn in North Las Vegas tomorrow morning!

3-CZ 52's (one gray in 7.62 x 25, one chrome in 7.62 x 25 and one gray in 9 Luger)

1-CZ 82 in 9 x 18 Makarov (currently up for sale)

1-CZ 83 nickel plated in 9 x 18 Makarov, the reason that the CZ 82 is for sale

1-CZ 97 45 acp in gorgeous gloss blue

1-CZ 100 (sold pending the arrival of funds from purchaser)

I guess that really adds up to eight, but the CZ 100 is sold as soon as the $ get's here!

So what CZ's are you shootin' and where do you practice?

Otto N. Sure--Proud to call Sin City home!!

Offline LDD

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »
I dislike indoor ranges so I shoot at the Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club on W. Charleston.  It is only 5 minutes from home and hardly anyone there on weekdays.  

I used to have quite a gun collection,  I had 19 CZ pistols alone but I thinned the herd over the last few years and have gotten down to mostly shooters.  For CZ's and clones I have:

1985 CZ-75 classic, polished blue with box and papers
Kadet .22 kit
CZ-75 9mm Compact, polished blue
CZ-75 .40 cal
CZ-40B
Sphinx .40 cal Compact
Witness full size 10mm

Started getting interested in 1911's again after not owning one for years, DW's quality, price, and original design was too much to pass up:

Dan Wesson stainless Pointman Major .45 ACP  5"
Dan Wesson stainless Pointman-7 in 10mm  5"
S&W Scandium Commander 4.25" barrel
Springfield Armory Champion Lightweight 3.9" barrel

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 11:19:45 AM »
Howdy LDD!

I shoot at American Shooters because it's less than a mile from where I work, it's warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and the guys there treat ya like a guest.

You have a fabulous collection!  I'm primarily a Cowboy Action Shooter and shoot regularly with two clubs, Silver City Shooters Society and the Eldorado Cowboys.  I got interested in CZ's because of an article in Gun List last summer on the CZ 52 and it's just grown from there.

I'd never owned a semi auto until I bought the 52's. Well, that's not quite accurate.  I did own an Ithaca/Remington Rand Model 1911, but sold it after shooting it only once or twice.

Take care compadre and maybe we can get together sometime and discuss CZ's.

Otto N. Sure

Offline LDD

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 01:07:58 PM »
Sounds good shoot me an e-mail sometime.  lddavison@cox.net

I have a Marlin .30-30, round bolt, Winchester style straight stock and lever, octagon barrel, old style font on the markings, the old western classic style rifle.  It was made in 1971 or so and I read that Marlin had some of the barrels and used them up on this limited production gun and that this was the lowest number of any gun ever made by Marlin.  Something that might be of interest to yourself or someone you know.  I have thought about selling it.  

Dean

Offline Marshal

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 10:52:26 PM »
Sin City is my home also.

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »
Howdy Marshal!

See above about me, but what about you??  Where do you shoot, what CZ's do you have?  

Heck we almost could start a LV chapter!!

Otto N. Sure

Offline sprscientist

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »
ding ding ding

Live in Henderson, NV

have 40P, 40B, Kadet

I shoot mostly at the range on Arville.  Is Desert Sportsmans open to the public?

BTW, I'd rate the "hot babes at the range" factor to be higher in Vegas than anywhere else.  My guess is that they are probably entertainers of some type (use your imagination here), and they train and have CCW's for stalker control and/or "loss prevention".

Anyway, glad to see we have a strong southern Nevada contingent.

Offline Otto N Sure

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »
Howdy Sprscientist!

We're gonna have to get shirts!!  I was .40 S&W deprived until last week, still haven't shot my 40P yet.

I like American Shooters for the babe factor too and you'll see some outrageous chicks at The Gun Store over on Trop ocasionally.  The Gun Store does a lot of the Security Guard training for the hotels and clubs so it's natural that some of the ladies go there to get their CCW's and to practise.

Desert Sportsman isn't a public range.  It's a private club and cost $150 a year to belong--I don't know if they have an initiation fee or not.  I shoot at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club in Boulder City.  If I remember correctly it's $100 initiation and $50 every year after.

Otto N. Sure

Offline sprscientist

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 03:40:06 AM »
Indeed the Gun Store on tropicana gets its share of beauties.  One time at American Shooters we watched a dancer with barely-contained basketball-sized enhancements shop for a 1911 with the help of one of the store guys.  He was dying trying to maintain his professional composure, which was made even harder because he knew everyone was watching to see how he'd deal with this unique customer.

anything