Author Topic: HB Industries P10 trigger  (Read 47417 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: HB Industries P10 trigger
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 11:30:29 PM »
I really think I need one of these...but in FDE. 8) Gotta scrape some cash.

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 12:32:30 AM »
So I just made my first range trip with my P10c and I could tell in the first ten rounds that I'm going to enjoy this gun for a long long time. The dingus turned out to be really annoying, not being flush with the trigger face, but worse, every time the slide reset the trigger, my finger got pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. Has anyone else experienced this, and does the HB trigger address it?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »
With that hook on the bottom, I would hazard a guess it would indeed. So everything else was good?

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:57 AM »
Oh yeah, the gun ran great. I've been shooting a shield for about a year and my groups were a solid 50% better with the P10 right off the bat. Only hiccup was one FTE about 100 rounds into my session. Probably my fault, too.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 01:20:00 AM »
So I just made my first range trip with my P10c and I could tell in the first ten rounds that I'm going to enjoy this gun for a long long time. The dingus turned out to be really annoying, not being flush with the trigger face, but worse, every time the slide reset the trigger, my finger got pinched between the bottom of the trigger and the trigger guard. Has anyone else experienced this, and does the HB trigger address it?

It depends on how "fleshy" your finger is, but I think the HBI will help.  There's less gap between the bottom of the "hook" and the trigger guard to pinch your finger on reset.  In my case, the hook and the overall shape of the trigger moves my finger higher up, right over the center, so I don't feel my finger drag on the trigger guard anymore.  The HBI dingus is wider with slightly rounded edges, and sits flush when pressed in. Nice and comfy.

Offline Jeff25

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »
That's exactly what I need! Thanks for the excellent description! It felt like my finger slid down the trigger and I couldn't find a consistent pull.
   Funny how the things you nitpicked in the store don't even hit your radar at the range, and things you never dreamed of jump out to bite you.....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:16:53 PM by Jeff25 »

Offline earlan357

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »
More pics to help give an idea of the finish and contours.

Rest...Wall...Over travel.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »
I have the same problem with the stock trigger when my trigger finger inevitably slides to the bottom of the trigger, pinching the right side of my trigger finger during recoil and reset, to the point where each of the several range sessions I've had so far has resulted in a tiny blister where my finger is being pinched.  That's the only real "discomfort" complaint I have with the P-10C, and it looks like this HBI trigger will hopefully solve this problem.

$65 certainly doesn't seem unreasonable to me (considering its aluminum construction).  I can't afford anymore toys (or parts for them) right now (I've already spent all my disposable income from my current pay :'( ), but it's fairly likely I'll be buying one after my next "payday".  I'll try out the lighter springs but I anticipate sticking with the stock weight spring if I end up using my P-10C for EDC (I prefer OEM trigger pull weights on any of my carry guns).

Anyway, thanks Stuart for bringing this item to my attention.

Offline Toby196

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 10:41:51 PM »
More pics to help give an idea of the finish and contours.

Great looking pics earlan357!  Thanks.  The black version in yours looks like a trigger that could have come on the gun from the factory (i.e. it doesn't stand out as an aftermarket part), which is a look I prefer.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »
earlan357 that is awesome, thank you! Now I know I need that!

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:42 AM »
I just ordered one from HBI directly this morning.  The only color they had was burnt orange, which should be interesting looking on my FDE P10C.  I'm probably going to pick up a second FDE P10C and I'll do the black trigger in that one, so the trigger colors will let me tell the two guns apart from each other without having to look at serial numbers.  Can't wait to get it.  I put a hundred rounds through the P10C yesterday (puts it just over 1200 rounds to date) and the trigger was bothering me more yesterday than on other range trips.  So far, the trigger shape has been my only gripe on an otherwise excellent pistol.  Love that thing and hope to love it even more with the new trigger.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »
Few more observations.  Only the trigger take-up, distance between fully forward and the "wall" is shortened.  They did an excellent job with that.  The trigger is essentially pre-pulled to the point where it's .5mm from touching the striker safety lever.  If you pull the trigger from the sides, so that the trigger safety lever hangs on the frame, the strike safety lever is still untouched, so it's still a very safe system.

Break, reset, and over-travel are mechanically unchanged, but feel shorter and slightly heavier due to finger position having less leverage.  To get an idea of how the break and reset of the HBI trigger feels, just pull your stock trigger with your finger higher up on the trigger than normal.  I have a 5# Glock striker spring in there now, and I'm going to swap a 1/2# lighter striker spring to compensate.

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 02:29:29 PM »
I agree on the trigger pull. I had a Glock 4.5 pound striker spring in and put the HBI 3.5 pound spring in to get the same pull feel. I didn't measure the pull though just went by feel.  I initially through the 3.5 would be to light but for me it was not.  David

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 02:29:59 PM »
Got the burnt orange one to match all my KTM stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sumoman

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »
How does the trigger reach length feel on the HBI trigger compared to the factory trigger? It's very important to me. TIA

anything