Author Topic: Mag-Na-Porting  (Read 3722 times)

Offline lcdrseal

Mag-Na-Porting
« on: August 30, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
Good Day,
Have any of our members Mag-na-Ported their 9mm CZ75 variants?  I have an optic mounted on a CZ Custom CTS and would like to shoot in the USPSA Open class from time to time.  Getting a new threaded barrel, having it fitted, sourcing a comp(?????) from someone all adds up to considerable expense.  Any Ideas or direction would be very appreciated.
It pays to be a winner; the only easy day is yesterday!

Cheers
O4 (Ret)

Offline gglass

Re: Mag-Na-Porting
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
I have not done Mag-na-porting on a CZ yet, but did have it done on my custom Walther PPQ 5". I can tell you without hesitation that it really did tame the muzzle flip and recoil impulse, and was so effective when my daughter was 9-years old it was the only handgun she would shoot.

14-yard groups

The only porting that I would ever do to any firearm is the EDM method by Mag-na-port. I know of no other process that will leave zero burrs to disturb the bullet.

If you can justify the expense, it is well worth it in my experience.
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
(Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Offline ThompsonCustom

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:09:30 PM »
If your gonna shoot Open you need a comp in my opinion ports are not gonna be enough for a couple different reasons.

Comps not only reduce recoil and change unlocking time but do a much better job at reducing muzzle rise.

A lot of guys are running 3 port comps with 3 popple holes (ports) in the slide/barrel.
www.AerospaceArms.com Current Deals:
Faxon 16" Pencil Barrel $148
21% off all magpul products code: "magpul"

Offline Sikiguya

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 12:56:12 AM »
I have not done Mag-na-porting on a CZ yet, but did have it done on my custom Walther PPQ 5". I can tell you without hesitation that it really did tame the muzzle flip and recoil impulse, and was so effective when my daughter was 9-years old it was the only handgun she would shoot.

14-yard groups

The only porting that I would ever do to any firearm is the EDM method by Mag-na-port. I know of no other process that will leave zero burrs to disturb the bullet.

What all did you have done to your PPQ beside the porting?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline dave33

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 05:08:01 PM »
Are you looking to run major or minor in open class?  If minor, magna porting may be ok by itself, but you will be at a huge disadvantage to the open major guys in scoring.  If you plan to run major a good comp is going to be way more effective than magna porting alone.  If you still want to magna port be careful what you have done, as holes in the barrel bleed off pressure way faster/sooner and may make it harder or impossible to hit major.  You would almost have to have your barrel throated also as the short CZ chambers limit how long you can load most bullet profiles, and you will need all the length you can get to get enough powder in the case and still seat a bullet on top.

I shoot a P09 in open class with just a 3 port comp, no holes in the barrel.  Its a ton of fun, if you aren't trying to make master class I would leave the barrel alone and just get a good comp.  If the bug bites hard you will end up finding a real open gun any way, if I come across a steal on a czechmate I'm going to upgrade.  O0

Offline gglass

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »

What all did you have done to your PPQ beside the porting?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Aside from the Mag-Na-Porting I did the following:

*   Cerakote - Burnt Bronze/Graphite Black blend with Graphite Black in the slide's serrations and logo
*   Additional lightening cut on the spline of the slide to match the factory cuts for weight reduction
*   Factory sights replaced with fiber optic sights from Dawson Precision
*   Fluff and Buff done on all ignition parts that matter
*   Stainless Guide Rod for 5" PPQ[/li][/list]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:43:30 PM by gglass »
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
(Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Offline HST

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »
My P 10 is Mag-na ported , i love it. I also run a tungsten guide rod from a G 17 and a 18 lb spring.
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 08:21:23 PM »
Good video!
"1776" - Part II

Offline Long_shot

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:55:24 PM »
Beautiful pistol. Everyone that has one of those seems to love them.

anything