Author Topic: Sar Klinc 2000 Mega arrived  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Brian Ahearn

• Easton Firearms Refinishing
Sar Klinc 2000 Mega arrived
« on: August 30, 2017, 04:06:42 PM »
Came in this  afternoon along with several others that I had coming, remember a couple of years ago I got one of the Sar B6 Hawks, same pistol different logos and I built that one into a semi custom with an LPA adjustable rear and a fiber optic front sight with a 13 lb mainspring.  The original B6 cost me about $461.00 with the shipping, this Mega only cost me me $328.00 with shipping. The B6 back then only came with one mag, this Mega has two 17 round mags.  The finish on my CM9 slide and metal parts is better than on this Mega, but I did not buy it based on the finish. The trigger pull out of the box is 6.17 lbs not bad ,but I should be able to drop that some with either a 14 lb or 13lb mainspring swap cost $9.00.  I seem to remember that a 13 lb spring gave me some light primer strikes so I will get one of each.  The grips are the cheap polymer grips which was what the last one had.  I can cover them in Talon Grip tape like the last one or I could get the nice wood grips for this model from KSD for $70.00.  Everything looks good to go for a first range trip ,that will happen at 7:45 tomorrow morning.  The last that I did I spent way too much money on, end result was a very nice shooter with slide milling,trigger work, sight work and too much money into it.  For this one I will keep it simple ,a mainspring swap,most likely the nice  KSD wood grips, a two tone refinish, does not need it I just don't like the factory finish.  For sights I will look at two options Cajun's new adjustable rear and the CZ Custom Shop's CZ  75 Short Tact rear and then I will fit a fiber optic front .  I am still learning how to do the photos so I will take photos as I build this one so I can show you some step by step photos . First step is tomorrow go shoot then come back to the shop and order some parts and grips.
Easton Firearms Refinishing Owner/Operator
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline WiskyT

Re: Sar Klinc 2000 Mega arrived
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
Excuse me, but with all due respect, the first step is to post photos, then shoot it, customize it etc ;D

Offline Rcher

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
@Brian Ahearn - congratulations! I got Mega stainless steel a while ago and have shot about 650 rounds. The trigger pull is very light now, so I don't see any need to replace mainspring. Thank you for the post about KSD grips, I was looking around and couldn't find wooden grips for B6 Hawk/Mega.

I'm very satisfied with my Mega besides the issues with Witness .22 lr conversion kit (It's compatible, but I had consistent FTF every 3rd/4th round). But I only shot 150 rounds of rimfire.

P.S. 650 rounds of 9mm + 150 rounds of .22lr it's actually 800 rounds total in terms of trigger pull break-in. :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 07:45:19 PM by Rcher »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:55:39 AM »
Congratulations on the new SAR Kilinc 2000 Mega and may it serve you well!  8)  :)
Looking forward to pics and a Range Report.

I know how it is when the cost of a project gets out of control.  Mainly, I've done that with Cars and a few AR15 builds.  Live and learn!  ::)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »
I run a busy refinishing shop and transfer business, I don't take any photos until I actually start the project.  The pistol performed great this morning, shot to point of aim ,very good accuracy.  The only thing that I did not like was the curved trigger.  I did not swap that out on the last one so I will add that to my short list of modifications.  I always get rid of curved triggers on Cz's as well because I just don't like them. Now on the CM9 that is a trigger that I really like.  I will be adding this one to my collection so I will set it up for my personal taste. Last I had zero malfunctions and that was predictable ,I have not yet had a Sar that did not shoot well.  Time to order parts!
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
I will take the first set of photos next week once my last two parts arrive ,everything for this project is here except the rear sight and trigger.  I choose a EAA aftermarket trigger DA/SA version from Ben Stoeger, it has a mild curve to it and over travel adjustment.  Last night one week after I ordered them my KSD grips arrived from Turkey,greatly improved the overall look of the stock pistol and the checkering gives a good grip feel.  I will coat this one for sure because the grips outshine the basic finish look. KSD sent me a very nice catalog as well, they have some fancy grips available for a variety of pistols. They also have a US website now. Colors for this project will include a dark bronze for the slide and parts with a light bronze for the frame that should look sharp with the KSD grips. I will also track the costs and take photos as we do this pistol so you will have a start to finish look at this project.  This will be an easy to do project for those who are not afraid to use some hand tools.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
 The $4.00 spring change dropped the trigger pull down to 5.1 lbs,but what really changes how the trigger feels is the Extreme Tanfoglio SA/DA trigger with over travel.   I choose a smooth trigger  ,it went in with zero modifications required. I did take basic photos this morning and I will get them up as soon as I can.  The CZ 75 short Tact rear sight from the custom shop did require quite a bit of work to make fit the Sar slide cut , but it is something that could be done at home.  The only thing left to do is fit the front sight and go test fire it again before refinishing. The wood grips look great and the checkering feel good.  Should be able to maintain a good grip under any conditions.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline rehtlaw

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »
Thanks for the update. I have the same gun. I look forward to seeing the pictures!

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »
I just finished the front sight mod and took those pictures , so now it's time to get them loaded into my admin section on my website and get them formatted to post online.  These first photos are just off the cell phone ,but they came out pretty good ,of course there will be additional pictures off the shop camera after refinishing.  One thing that I found was that I puts some marks in the finish that it came with rather easily just doing some basic work on it. It still looks better than when it arrived with just the new grips and the few simple mods that I have made to it.  Now I really can't bitch about this as a basic handgun it worked great out of the box and I got for cheap.  Next up it's back to the range to test fire and check out point of aim verses impact since we are now using different sights.  I had planned on using a ,125 high sight but after measuring what would be needed to be roved to fit it into the factory dovetail that sight would not work and it looked to be lower than the factory original .  I had to use a Dawson .145 high with a .100 wide base and then removed metal to fit it into the factory dove tail.  A .125 high sight would have been to low based on the height of the original factory sight. When I started this project I was just basing my needs on eyeballing the pistol, .145 high looks perfect so I am not expecting to have the changed the point of aim.  Now with that said you still have to shoot it to verify.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
Sorry about how long it took for me to post these pictures, first and foremost I have to focus on getting the work completed in a timely fashion here at the shop.  final photos are here.

NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
Wowsers!  8)  That looks fantastic!  :) 

I love that color combination.  Beautiful Grips, too!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 02:31:29 PM »
Grips are KDS from Turkey, frame color i mixed just for this pistol.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline bubbas4570

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 11:18:13 PM »
That color combo does look GREAT!   

A close second for me is the Jericho 9mm on your website. Not quite as nice as the SAR, but close.....there is something about the additional black of the slide out the front of the frame for color balance.

Offline Brian Ahearn

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 08:16:30 AM »
If you ever get the chance to shoot a Jericho you will most likely end up buying one ,they are tack drivers out of the box,I also prefer the grip on the poly versions over the steel version.
NRA Pistol Instructor
CZ Collector

Offline Dezfan

• Live Free or Die!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 09:10:47 PM »
That Kilinc's color combo and Grip choice are drop dead sexy! 😍
Happiness is a warm AK!