Author Topic: Clothing for concealed carry.....  (Read 1119 times)

Offline fatbaldguy

Clothing for concealed carry.....
« on: September 17, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
As the screen name implies, I've got a generous waistline.  I'm likely to be replacing the Para commander that I currently carry with a 97BD.  SWMBO (SheWhoMustBeObeyed) has recently been 'discussing' the worn spots and holes that the gun wears into my shirts.

I wear XL long shirts from Carhartt and Duluth Trading.  Going up a size would leave the shoulder seams and inch or two down on my arms, that is rather unkempt looking.  Most button downs don't have square bottom hems, so they look unkempt as well if not tucked in.  They tend to fit looser around the waist so it is easier to disguise the fact that I do carry.

I'm near as bleep it 60 years old so losing weight is not as easy for us older folks as it is for you whippersnappers.

Winter is not as much of a problem, Vests and sweatshirts, and sweaters do the job nicely.

Do you guys have any recommendations for clothing that would help?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: Clothing for concealed carry.....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
I knew a dude that looked just like you.  Bib overalls were his every day outfit, farmer style and folks seemed to think it was natural vs. some skinny guy in the same outfit would scream, "gun".

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
Re: Clothing for concealed carry.....
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:52:23 PM »
There's a company called UNTUCKIT that makes nice shirts that are tailored to be left obviously, untucked. 

I'm 6'2 and 280 so I don't wear medium anymore and these shirts don't print at all.

Often when I carry it's a big ole full size and they work. 

They are however pricey but last and look good. 

FYI---they run small.  Size up at least one size.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

anything