Author Topic: P07 Duty RMR slide milling options  (Read 12978 times)

Offline Ragheadshooter

P07 Duty RMR slide milling options
« on: September 03, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
I see there are several slide milling options for the P07. Any recommendations of one company over another? Have a Trijicon RMR I want to have mounted. Also curious about slide refinishing and any pics of peeps who have had any slide coatings done. Thanks.

Offline SKILCZ

Re: P07 Duty RMR slide milling options
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
I see there are several slide milling options for the P07. Any recommendations of one company over another? Have a Trijicon RMR I want to have mounted. Also curious about slide refinishing and any pics of peeps who have had any slide coatings done. Thanks.

ATEi does a great job.  They primarily do Glocks, but there's a guy on YouTube with a P-07 UG SR with a red dot sight that he said he had done by ATEi, so they must do it.  You might want to call first.  Keep us posted. 

Offline earlan357

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:21:01 AM »
Fire-4-effect has a P07 package.  I've had Glocks slides and finished in Cerakote by JagerWerks, a PVD slide from Unity Tactical, and black nitride by BattleWerx.  Most shops outsource PVD and blank nitride, so there's usually an additional 2-3 week lead time.  Cerakote is often done in house, so the turn around is quicker, and you can choose from a ton of colors of that's your thing.  One caveat about Cerakote is that in some cases the coating can be applied thick enough to cause malfunctions until it's worn in, especially around the breech face and slide/barrel lockup areas. I prefer black nitride.  It's the most boring looking, but it's more durable than Cerakote, and doesn't wear in the corners as much as PVD.  PVD is slicker than the two though.  I've never tried DLC, but from what I've seen, black nitride is the way to go for a hard use gun.  Whatever you decide, post pics!

Offline earlan357

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:23:06 PM »
Another consideration is universal vs custom fit RMR cuts.  With universal, the cuts are made on the slide based on Trijicons specs.  I've been told that Trijicons tolerances are within .001", so a competent machinist can cut a tight fit without your optic.  They usually mill raised front mounting bosses, but some mill raised mounting screw posts instead.  The recoil forces are generally absorbed by the posts.  With a custom fit, you send your optic in with the slide.  The machinist cuts the pocket to dimensions based on measurements off your optic and/or cuts the pocket slightly undersized, then enlarges it as they test fit the optic.  Sometimes they mill raised bosses, but it's not necessary, since the RMR body fits tightly enough in the pocket to absorb the recoil forces.  I've hard zero issues with return to zero with both my JagerWerks custom cut, and BattleWerx(screw post) and Unity Tactical(front post) universal cuts. 

Also, on the P-07, there's no room to mount the rear sight behind the optic if you choose to use back up irons.  I prefer irons in front of the optic anyways.  Oh, and the rear sight usually gets replaced with a Glock rear sight.  Here's fire-4-effects RMR package on the p-07 from their website. 

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 12:54:04 PM »
Another consideration is universal vs custom fit RMR cuts.  With universal, the cuts are made on the slide based on Trijicons specs.  I've been told that Trijicons tolerances are within .001", so a competent machinist can cut a tight fit without your optic.  They usually mill raised front mounting bosses, but some mill raised mounting screw posts instead.  The recoil forces are generally absorbed by the posts.  With a custom fit, you send your optic in with the slide.  The machinist cuts the pocket to dimensions based on measurements off your optic and/or cuts the pocket slightly undersized, then enlarges it as they test fit the optic.  Sometimes they mill raised bosses, but it's not necessary, since the RMR body fits tightly enough in the pocket to absorb the recoil forces.  I've hard zero issues with return to zero with both my JagerWerks custom cut, and BattleWerx(screw post) and Unity Tactical(front post) universal cuts. 

Also, on the P-07, there's no room to mount the rear sight behind the optic if you choose to use back up irons.  I prefer irons in front of the optic anyways.  Oh, and the rear sight usually gets replaced with a Glock rear sight.  Here's fire-4-effects RMR package on the p-07 from their website. 

FWIW, I believe ATEi does a custom fit and wants you to either send your optic or purchase one from them so they can custom fit it.  You can call them to verify.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:06:34 PM by SKILCZ »

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »
I had mine done by Fire 4 Effect
They did a bleep good job

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline earlan357

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »

FWIW, I believe ATEi does a custom fit and wants you to either send your optic or purchase one from them so they can custom fit it.  You can call them to verify.

ATEI will do both.  $80 for universal with bosses and $160 for their pro cut (custom fit)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »
I had my P07 and P09 done by Primary Machine.

P07 has FDE cerakote.  It's my EDC (most days) and the day the picture was taken was a very hot/humid day and it was pretty wet when I took it out of the holster.

P09 has OD Green cerakote.

I have seen pictures of P07's with the rear sight behind the RMR, so there are some companies that can/will do that.

No issues with the pistols since the job.  Primary Machine did the machining for the RMR (and mounted the RMRs), the machining for the rear sight (and installation of front/rear sights, and cerakoted the slides.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 03:57:09 PM »

ATEI will do both.  $80 for universal with bosses and $160 for their pro cut (custom fit)

Wait, wait...
They seriously charge two different prices for a "universal" and a "pro" cut? Lmao.
We charge one price - and every single slide is custom milled to exacting spec of the optic. Our slides are milled so precise that you can turn the slide upside down with no screws in the optic and it won't fall out the pocket.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »
Mine have all been done by Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gunworks. His work is impeccable.

"A man's character is his fate."

Offline xcentrk

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 11:00:40 PM »
Mine have all been done by Mark Housel at L&M Precision Gunworks. His work is impeccable.

I'm happy to hear that. My P-07 is currently at his place being milled. Excited to get it back!

Offline Wsr

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »

Wait, wait...
They seriously charge two different prices for a "universal" and a "pro" cut? Lmao.
We charge one price - and every single slide is custom milled to exacting spec of the optic. Our slides are milled so precise that you can turn the slide upside down with no screws in the optic and it won't fall out the pocket.

Makes perfect sense to me...the universal is a plug and play on the CNC it should be cheaper

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »

Wait, wait...

Makes perfect sense to me...the universal is a plug and play on the CNC it should be cheaper
It literally takes a minute to mic the customers optic, change tool offsets, and rock and roll. Lmao. Nothing to be charging two prices for.

Offline Wsr

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:04 PM »

Wait, wait...

It literally takes a minute to mic the customers optic, change tool offsets, and rock and roll. Lmao. Nothing to be charging two prices for.

So then you'll do a custom/pro fit for $80 since it only takes a minute more?

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »

Wait, wait...

So then you'll do a custom/pro fit for $80 since it only takes a minute more?
Nope. We'll keep charging what we've charged for thousands of optic cuts now. We feel we're the best in the industry and our price is what it is.