Author Topic: Anyone using the Gen 1 stock (hook type)???  (Read 1684 times)

Offline WaltherP99

Anyone using the Gen 1 stock (hook type)???
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »
Hows the lock up? Nice and tight at the hinge and on the dovetail? Lockup where it hooks to the magwell? I tried one of the magnet type factory folders and it didn't line up correctly and ended up returning it so I am kinda hunting for the hook type but wanted some info/opinions before I committed.

Offline SouthernScorp

Re: Anyone using the Gen 1 stock (hook type)???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »
never knew they had a different version, what is this voodoo of which you speak ? it locks to the magwell instead of a cheesy magnet ?
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
never knew they had a different version, what is this voodoo of which you speak ? it locks to the magwell instead of a cheesy magnet ?

Yes

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 10:20:10 PM »
The Evo A1?

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »
My Scorpion uses the magnet to lock the stock.  It didn't line up either, until I gave the stock the Dremel treatment.  Now, it locks up great.  I much prefer it to the locking hook stock that's on my airsoft Scorpion.

Here are some photos of my stocks:  http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/Firearms/IMG_4296_zpsybhjcun3.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/Firearms/IMG_4294_zpse6ute82l.jpg

Here is where the airsoft stock hooks to the receiver:  http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/Firearms/IMG_4295_zpsq0peyr3x.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Border_Dave/Firearms/IMG_4293_zps0kx92ylv.jpg

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 06:15:54 AM »
ETA: NVM...was able to view the pics at home on the PC...

The airsoft stock is different from the factory stock as far as where the locking mechanism is. On the factory stock, the hook is in the lower cut out on the butt of the stock (it hooks to the underside of the magwell). The airsoft stock looks like it hooks somewhere around the sling stud on the handguard. Also, airsoft stock doesn't have the cut out for the magnet, the gen 1 factory does have the cut out.

Either way, I found a gen 1 on fleabay from the seller in the czech republic and ordered it so we'll see what happens. Not gonna take a chance on another gen 2 stock. I really don't care for the magnet anyways... 8)

Either going to be a Lage or gen 1 factory folder for sale soon...LOL
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:15:46 AM by WaltherP99 »

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »
Sorry about the bad Photobucket links.  I just discovered I can't even view my own photos unless I'm logged into Photobucket. 

STUPID PHOTOBUCKET!!!

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:00:33 PM »
Sorry about the bad Photobucket links.  I just discovered I can't even view my own photos unless I'm logged into Photobucket. 

STUPID PHOTOBUCKET!!!

No problem...I was able to view them. Just copy/pasted the link and then viewed them in your album.

Offline Wahoo9501

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:52 AM »
Mine has the magnet and it doesn't line up completely however it still locks up fine once you press on it to lock. I actually wonder it was designed that way in purpose

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:34:12 AM »
Mine has the magnet and it doesn't line up completely however it still locks up fine once you press on it to lock. I actually wonder it was designed that way in purpose

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's what worried me. I could give it a bit of a tap to engage the SN# plate BUT it started to mark up the plate. Didn't want any further damage done to the # plate which is why I didn't settle for it. I also didn't wanna mod the stock myself (no matter how easy users may think it is) due to OCD issues...LOL!

Seems the original design was meant for the stock to hook on to the magwell so I'm gonna go that route for now...we'll see what happens once the stock gets here.

Offline WaltherP99

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
New stock just got here...perfect!!! Guess the Lage will be getting posted in the classifieds...