Author Topic: Trigger job  (Read 2666 times)

efdavila

Trigger job
« on: December 02, 2005, 07:09:36 PM »
I'd like to get an action/trigger job on my CZ75B.  My only hesitation is that if I were to use the pistol in a self defense situation would "modifying" the pistol be a major liability?  Anyone have thoughts on this?  TIA

mbott

Trigger job
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:43:46 PM »
Quote:
I'd like to get an action/trigger job on my CZ75B.  My only hesitation is that if I were to use the pistol in a self defense situation would "modifying" the pistol be a major liability? Anyone have thoughts on this? TIA

I've never heard anyone claim that a trigger/action job would add any additional liability in a shooting situation.  Why would it?  Wouldn't any shooting either be "justified" or "not justified"?

--
Mike

efdavila

Trigger job
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:20:34 PM »
I believe the train of thought goes "the pistol wasn't good enough, he had to make it a real killing weapon"???
May sound dumb as that's the intention of a pistol to begin with, but I would like to hear other opinions on this matter.  TIA

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Trigger job
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 09:56:38 PM »
No

The only question that has to be satisfied is: 'Was deadly force justified?'
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Walt-Sherrill

Trigger job
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 10:11:15 PM »
What they said.

I hear the original argument a lot, but have yet to find a real-world example where it mattered.  Everything is someone's opinion or, "I heard about..." but no facts.

In my state, as noted above, if the use of lethal force was justified, they don't care if you used a DAO gun with 90  lb. trigger, or a SA with 2 lb. trigger.

efdavila

Trigger job
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:14:47 AM »
Thanks, gents.

BRASMAN

Trigger job
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 01:03:39 AM »
Ditto it was either a legal shoot or not.

KingPolymer-III

Trigger job
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 07:46:12 PM »
I have heard certain folks say that in a tactical situation where a gun has a "light" trigger., where adrenaline is running high, one runs the risk of an accidental double tap or stray shooting.   I don't agree with this notion and agree with the statements made above,  if you know how to handle a firearm properly and when to shoot and when not to,  a "lighter" trigger is not going to be an advantage or dissadvantage per se,  but having said that,  obviously the law enforcement community does not really agree with us, hence the popularity in part of the DAO Glock trigger at 5lbs+++, but of course they don't study these things on the level that we do, to them its a lethal tool.

anything