Author Topic: CZ single point sling??  (Read 5609 times)

Offline Ronin8793

CZ single point sling??
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:28:52 PM »
Does anyone know if this sling comes with QD attachments? (doesn't say)  Or will it attach direct to the Scorpion sling points already supplied on the rifle?

Or...is there another sling you prefer over this one?

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/26000300_Single-Point-Bungee-Sling-Evo-Black

Thanks

Offline wyoung

Re: CZ single point sling??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:51:13 PM »
Does anyone know if this sling comes with QD attachments? (doesn't say)  Or will it attach direct to the Scorpion sling points already supplied on the rifle?

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/26000300_Single-Point-Bungee-Sling-Evo-Black

Thanks
It says right there it comes with an HK style hook. For single point using this sling you would want to add a keyring to the little loop above the safety integrated into the receiver.

If you want QD...well there are other sling options and the Parker Mountain Machine QD mounts for the above mentioned loop. Or there's the Magpul RSA QD which would be a more solid mount.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »

Thanks
It says right there it comes with an HK style hook.

Offline Ronin8793

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:05:01 PM »
Sorry. I'm a virgin when it comes to this stuff. I'm guessing the HK hook(??) Isnt the best choice. But I'm ignorant to how the QD it's attached.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »
Sorry. I'm a virgin when it comes to this stuff. I'm guessing the HK hook(??) Isnt the best choice. But I'm ignorant to how the QD it's attached.

It's definitely up there in my least favorite options. 

Do you have a pistol or a carbine?

Where do you want the sling to attach to the gun? 

The PMM QD's use a finely machined part that goes through the eyelet in the back and clamp on both sides.  They then have a cup the QD head pushes into.  These can be purchased for either side, and the confusing part is each can be mounted on either side as well, but it will change the angle the cup sits at slightly.  (Allowing you to fine tune your preference very specifically) 

If you were running a 2pt sling, they also make them for the front which replaces one of the factory chassis screws, and has a cup where you would expect a nut to be.  This is located right behind the factory eyelets up front.  These are not side dependent and you can simply put the QD cup on whichever you prefer. 

This is vastly superior to using a jingly keychain ring through a plastic eyelet and then a hook.  But to each their own. 

The PMM mounts are painstakingly well machined and fit like red hot magic. 

If you have never used a sling before in your life and are completely clueless go grab a belt, under your left arm, over your right shoulder and fasten it.  Grab a short piece of cord and go through the eyelet of the gun on either side and tie it to the belt buckle securely.  (Paracord, laundry cord would be a good idea.)  Position the buckle to the center'ish of your chest.  Once you're sure it will hold the weight of the gun.  Drop the gun.  (You will probably realize why 1pt slings suck in a few drops) 

Now decide where you want the gun attached to the sling so it lays in the least offensive position.  And buy that. 

:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:43:31 PM by Asmodeus »

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
When I use a sling with an HK style hook, I often use a small loop of paracord so it's both fairly quiet and won't tear up the attachment point (esp plastic attachment points).

Just a thought.

Offline Ronin8793

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
I have a carbine.  I'd like the sling attached near the left side safety.

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Save yourself a lot of grief and buy a QD adapter made for the Evo, and a real QD sling from Magpul or Blackhawk.

The adapter is affordable,  http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p100/CZ_Scorpion_EVO_3_S1_Rear__QD__Sling_Mount.html

A really good sling is a lifesaver, this is one,  https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/slings-and-sling-mounts/ms3-single-qd-sling-gen2

So for around $80 plus shipping, you are all set the right way.

Offline Ronin8793

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »
Thanks thrillbilly.

Offline Ronin8793

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 06:18:01 PM »

It's definitely up there in my least favorite options. 

Do you have a pistol or a carbine?

Where do you want the sling to attach to the gun? 

The PMM QD's use a finely machined part that goes through the eyelet in the back and clamp on both sides.  They then have a cup the QD head pushes into.  These can be purchased for either side, and the confusing part is each can be mounted on either side as well, but it will change the angle the cup sits at slightly.  (Allowing you to fine tune your preference very specifically) 

If you were running a 2pt sling, they also make them for the front which replaces one of the factory chassis screws, and has a cup where you would expect a nut to be.  This is located right behind the factory eyelets up front.  These are not side dependent and you can simply put the QD cup on whichever you prefer. 

This is vastly superior to using a jingly keychain ring through a plastic eyelet and then a hook.  But to each their own. 

The PMM mounts are painstakingly well machined and fit like red hot magic. 

If you have never used a sling before in your life and are completely clueless go grab a belt, under your left arm, over your right shoulder and fasten it.  Grab a short piece of cord and go through the eyelet of the gun on either side and tie it to the belt buckle securely.  (Paracord, laundry cord would be a good idea.)  Position the buckle to the center'ish of your chest.  Once you're sure it will hold the weight of the gun.  Drop the gun.  (You will probably realize why 1pt slings suck in a few drops) 

Now decide where you want the gun attached to the sling so it lays in the least offensive position.  And buy that. 

:)

Thanks for the education.  No, I've never had a sling.  At least not this type of sling. My hunting rifles are pretty simple-designed.

So, the QD part goes thru the eyelet already on the rifle?  The eyelet isn't replaced?  Sorry if this is newbie stuff....
Yeah, I'm guessing the downside of a single point sling is--you get hit in the jewels.  Maybe I need to re-rgubk this and go with q 2 point sling.  What 2 point sling would you recommend?

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
Fav to least favorite:

QD push button, low profile or flush mount button not deep recessed or sticking up.
Magpul Paraclip "huge though needs a big ring" but as fast or faster and as secure as a QD.
Mash Hooks
Military AK sling style hooks
Edit: I even like those dog leash style hooks more thank hk hooks
HK Hooks
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »

So, the QD part goes thru the eyelet already on the rifle?  The eyelet isn't replaced?  Sorry if this is newbie stuff....
Yeah, I'm guessing the downside of a single point sling is--you get hit in the jewels.  Maybe I need to re-rgubk this and go with q 2 point sling.  What 2 point sling would you recommend?

Yes, and the post was simply meant to be informative.  We all start somewhere.  Yup, they go through the eyelets in the back and then clamp together.  They are well fit to the contour of the gun and solid. 

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p100/CZ_Scorpion_EVO_3_S1_Rear__QD__Sling_Mount.html

You can see in the pictures kinda. 

The scorpion is light and fast.  Although the carbine not quite as much as the pistol.  If you plan on keeping it generally modest with stuff bolted to it.  Then this might be a good option. 

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-bgs.htm

It's 2pt (quick) adjustable, but bungee so you can still take it from cinched to the shoulder without fooling with the adjustment.  (Just strain into the bungee for quick deployment.) 

I have this on a scoped AK and the weight is borderline for the sling.  The lighter polymer Evo should be right on the $. 

Another option is something like this.
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=270&search=sling

You could use a QD in the front from PMM and the flat web guide towards the back of the receiver if you like.  Or QD front and back.  This sling is thin and very very very fast to open. 

Or magpul, or blueforce gear, or whatever floats your boat.   

Offline Ronin8793

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »

Yes, and the post was simply meant to be informative.  We all start somewhere.  Yup, they go through the eyelets in the back and then clamp together.  They are well fit to the contour of the gun and solid. 

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p100/CZ_Scorpion_EVO_3_S1_Rear__QD__Sling_Mount.html

You can see in the pictures kinda. 

The scorpion is light and fast.  Although the carbine not quite as much as the pistol.  If you plan on keeping it generally modest with stuff bolted to it.  Then this might be a good option. 

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-bgs.htm

It's 2pt (quick) adjustable, but bungee so you can still take it from cinched to the shoulder without fooling with the adjustment.  (Just strain into the bungee for quick deployment.) 

I have this on a scoped AK and the weight is borderline for the sling.  The lighter polymer Evo should be right on the $. 

Another option is something like this.
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=270&search=sling

You could use a QD in the front from PMM and the flat web guide towards the back of the receiver if you like.  Or QD front and back.  This sling is thin and very very very fast to open. 

Or magpul, or blueforce gear, or whatever floats your boat.

No worries--I took it as informative/educational.  Not confrontational.

I'm thinking a 2 point is better on the testicles.

Question--do you prefer the locking QD or the one that rotates/swivels?  Advantages to either?

Thanks again for the info.

Offline Asmodeus

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Fixed anti rotation.  That way the sling falls the way I want and does not twist.  If you use adjustable slings.  Like with the pull tab, then the location of that pull tab and it not flipping around is important.  When these kinds of slings get rolled over they are no longer adjustable.  You will fight with the pull tab and either cinching it down, or opening it becomes a serious issue. 

The beauty of the 2pt adjustable is that you can run the gun full hands free high and tight.  Run.  Climb.  Walk around for long periods of time and the gun is squared away.  But also snap the sling open and use it quickly if you needed to without the entanglement of the 3pt.  Or, as stated getting whacked in the nads like a single point if you need to dump the gun for some reason.  (Transition to a pistol)

You won't get the free wheeling breezy transitions of a single point.  But you do get all the benefits of a super tight 2pt that can be wide open in an instant allowing for some 1pt-eske stuff. 

IMO it's the best compromise.  The carbine is heavy enough to warrant a real sling.  (Subjective, but my opinion).  Plus you can get in a firing position with the adjustable 2pt's and crank them down tight for better stability while firing, or moving when firing. 

How relevant is that on a pistol caliber carbine, your decision.  If the goal is something to dangle the gun from at a range, anything will do.  Your world your choice. 

Offline Sephael

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »
I prefer the Magpul MS4, dual QD that lets me go from 2 point to 1 point very quickly. Increased flexibility is always nice.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ms4-dual-qd-sling-gen2