Author Topic: HB Industries CZ EVO III Scorpion Review  (Read 3330 times)

Offline selfishselfless

HB Industries CZ EVO III Scorpion Review
« on: September 12, 2017, 03:27:05 PM »
HB INDUSTRIES UPGRADES ARE ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE FOR THE CZ EVO 3 SCORPION. The CZ EVO III Scorpion is a modernized revision of the Czech VZ61 Skorpion chambered in 9mm and based off the Slovakian ZVS Laugo LG205. The CZ EVO III has dominated the market as an inexpensive competitor to the Heckler and Koch MP5. The MP5 established itself in 1964 as the primary submachinegun for the law enforcement. However over the past 20 years, firearms manufactured from plastics have become more and more popular due to design and efficiency. While MP5 prices start around $2000, the CZ EVO III costs around $800. The quality of the CZ EVO III isn't as questionable as it's aesthetics. Two of the major complaints about the CZ EVO III have been the trigger and safety selector. The trigger frame screw is welded from the factory which means it needs to be drilled out to get rid of the 11lb trigger. The safety selector can be replaced no problem but you will definitely whine about it gnawing into the web of your hand. After talking to HB Industries who manufactures aftermarket components for the CZ EVO III, I determined that it would be easier for me to send them my trigger pack rather than make the modifications myself. Honestly the money was was worth it. While CZ Custom will charge you $500 for a trigger-job, HB Industries will give you a gorgeous setup for less than a third of the cost. HB Industries returned my trigger pack promptly and informed me the trigger weight was brought down to 3lbs 11oz. Products purchased include their Theta Trigger and Charging Handle, Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit, and Safety Delete. If there were any changes I will be getting their matching red Duckbill Mag Release next. HB Industries also provides video tutorials with installation guides for their products and provides exceptional customer service. Honestly, the CZ EVO III wouldn't even scratch the surface of an MP5 if it weren't for HB Industries. They're a must have for CZ EVO III owners.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:03:19 PM by selfishselfless »

Offline TAPnRACK

Re: HB Industries CZ EVO III Scorpion Review
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »
Great stuff from HBI... the duckbill mag release is awesome!  Trigger spring kit reduced my pull weight from 9lbs to 4lbs (average). 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »
I have been buying HBI stuff bit by bit recently, and every time I buy something, im so happy I buy something else.

The trigger spring kit is essential. I have a newer gun without a welded pack, so removal was easy. With the right tools, a vise, punches, and a little bit of patience, it's not bad. Just watch the video. Ditto with the Theta Forward trigger. Fantastic quality!

I am waiting on my Paske grip from them, ordered today. Looking forward to that.

I do have one OCD hangup though with the charge handle.  The Theta charger doesn't really match the trigger. The trigger is flat, angular, and has three holes lined up.  The charger is rounded, with three holes in a crescent.  I am toying with getting the  Delta handle, it is a lot closer.

I will also wind up with a duckbill too.

I wish they made a red Theta Forward trigger for the CZ 75 SP-01. Maybe a hammer too. That would be the cats ass.

Offline selfishselfless

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »
Understand about your OCD. The reason I went with the updated charging handle is because the factory charging handle seriously felt cheap - specifically the op-rod felt like it was plastic and needed something stronger - especially with the concern of that bolt carrier dropping on your fingers during assembly/disassembly.

SAMMY!

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:18:59 PM »
Understand about your OCD. The reason I went with the updated charging handle is because the factory charging handle seriously felt cheap - specifically the op-rod felt like it was plastic and needed something stronger - especially with the concern of that bolt carrier dropping on your fingers during assembly/disassembly.

SAMMY!

Gawd I did that once, no breaks or stitches but they used a full tube of purple super glue at the hospital to hold my knuckle back together  :-X

that main spring and near 2lb bolt are no joke
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline Thrillbilly

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
Oh, I'm going to buy an extened charge handle, just pinning for an aesthetically matching part.  I will get the Delta version in red soon enough. 

Offline SouthernScorp

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »
if you plan on using an aluminum handguard in your future get the polymer hbi pro stock. Rock solid , perfect length and matches factory look.
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG