Author Topic: New PCR First Day  (Read 3586 times)

Offline t107

New PCR First Day
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:24:09 PM »
Well got my new CZ 75D PCR  got home striped cleaned checked all parts and went to range for try out. I must say i love this gun feels like it was made for me. I put about 35 round through it an on the 36th look down range no front sight WTF. Sight was gone looked for a about 1 hour no where to be found . Pin gone sight gone has this happened to  anyone else or just my luck. Must have  had no pin from factory range time was cut short very disappointed in CZ.  When it got home after picking the CZ striped and cleaned , oiled and checked working parts all good missed sight pin missing. How could they miss that? I still love this PCR. Was going to change sight anyway can't see sight to well (Old Eyes) But still little pissed!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: New PCR First Day
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
This is not the norm. Call CZ USA and inform them of the situation. They'll take care of it.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »
It's a good thing you didn't lose the barrel bushing, too.  May want to double check it to make sure it's seated correctly. 

I've had nearly all the white dots come off the factory sights but not the entire sight.

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »
I have about 500 rounds thru mine and still have the same crappy front sight I always had. :(
I told the wife I wont change them till they fail..

Offline t107

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
I Think CZ just forgot to put sight pin in.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »
Silver lining...I'm a hugh fan of the EZ/D 9-40 fiber optic sight set...this could be a sign...

https://cajungunworks.com/product/ezd-9-40-for-9mm-and-40-sw/

...and CGW's just came out with the adjustable rear sight...even one with FO...

https://cajungunworks.com/product/017-019-fully-adjustable-rear-fo/

...plus you could also do the 10X bushing at the same time...I'll just stop there.   8)

Offline t107

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 06:44:58 PM »
Silver lining...I'm a hugh fan of the EZ/D 9-40 fiber optic sight set...this could be a sign...

https://cajungunworks.com/product/ezd-9-40-for-9mm-and-40-sw/

...and CGW's just came out with the adjustable rear sight...even one with FO...

Yep Was hard for me to  see PCR factory sights SoJust ordered 017-019 Fully Adjustable Rear  F/O  with matching front 019-422.

Offline t107

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
Removed Rear  sight & Installed the017-019 Fully Adjustable Rear F/O sight looks Awesome . Now for the bad tried to install front sight .The retaining pin hole on the slide is blocked by barrel Bushing dovetail.It  is sitting to high not allowing pin to pass through even with no sight installed. I ruined two pins before i realized thought it was my old eyes again playing tricks.   https://ibb.co/fOUj3w   Called CZ they said send it in 4 to 6 week turnaround !

Offline Vernonion

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 11:34:05 AM »
Sounds like time for a 10X Bushing to me.
I can't blame you for being a little miffed at not being able to just go shoot.
It's that 'bowl of cherries ' thing.

Offline t107

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »
Sounds like time for a 10X Bushing to me.
I can't blame you for being a little miffed at not being able to just go shoot.
It's that 'bowl of cherries ' thing.

Yes a Bowl of cherries But watch out for the PITS!

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:57 AM »
Looks like the bushing didn't get drilled for the pin or it got turned out of alignment. That sucks but it's why we have warranties.
You could carefully run a sight drill through there and clean up the bushing if you don't want to wait on warranty service.
Personally if it were a used piece I'd fix it myself but being new I'd send it in that way CZ-USA can alert the factory as to what they let get out the door.

Offline t107

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 11:32:51 AM »
Looks like the bushing didn't get drilled for the pin or it got turned out of alignment. That sucks but it's why we have warranties.
You could carefully run a sight drill through there and clean up the bushing if you don't want to wait on warranty service.
Personally if it were a used piece I'd fix it myself but being new I'd send it in that way CZ-USA can alert the factory as to what they let get out the door.

What really bothers me is that this is a brand new gun with only 30 rds fired and sight flys off!! Now that was a minor problem for me. But this could have been a lot worse if someone was in law enforcement and had to 
use this weapon with a sight missing. They should send these guns out with better quality control when peoples lives are on the line.

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 12:21:55 PM »

What really bothers me is that this is a brand new gun with only 30 rds fired and sight flys off!! Now that was a minor problem for me. But this could have been a lot worse if someone was in law enforcement and had to 
use this weapon with a sight missing. They should send these guns out with better quality control when peoples lives are on the line.

They do send them out with quality control as good as anyone does. Sadly one is going too slip out the door that way once in a while. As for law enforcement they are mostly carrying glocks and you can read up on some problems already showing up with the gen 5 glock models. No brand is immune to defects slipping by.

Offline Morbid1X

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
Although I agree that it shouldn't happen it's a small mishap in the larger scheme of things. Of all the the defects or QC issues that you could have, I'll take that any day of the week. Dawson precision, CGW, CZC are the answers you seek my friend   8)

Offline t107

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
Not worried at all I'm sure i will be excited all over again in 6 weeks. Then finally  ill put my CGW( Dawson precision 019-422 matching front.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:33:56 AM by t107 »

anything