Author Topic: My favorite CZ......  (Read 4030 times)

Offline gb6491

Re: My favorite CZ.....(pics added)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 02:09:34 AM »
The Guardian,
Thank you for the reply and the links :)

Thanks again for sharing your work with us.

Regards,
Greg

Offline schmeky

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
The Guardian,

Looking at your project brings thoughts:

* Classy
* Timeless
* Clean
* Thoughtful
* Detailed

Excellent job of showing the rest of the shooting world how a CZ can merge form, function, and beauty into a single package.

The Guardian

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
The Guardian,

Looking at your project brings thoughts:

* Classy
* Timeless
* Clean
* Thoughtful
* Detailed

Excellent job of showing the rest of the shooting world how a CZ can merge form, function, and beauty into a single package.

I'm what you would call a Master Tinker-er  (makin' up words...another hobby  ;D )......kinda like a Master Mechanic, Plumber, Carpenter...I think I mentioned in a post a few months back that some folks collect things, I collect hobbies......I like creating things that are different but highly functional, CZ's just sort of fell into my area of interest several year ago.  A picture of a CZ 75 really should be next to the definition of the word "Classic", as an example.......thanks for the comment!

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 08:22:35 PM »
That color is awesome! You should be proud of such a great job. It looks classically old and new at the same time.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

The Guardian

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »
The grips on this CZ are really comfortable, I do work on my FFL?s personal CZ?s and he mentioned that fact as well.....they did need some very minor fitting but it?s well worth it.  They come in a reverse stipple (smoother) and the ones on my 75 which are the standard stipple (better grip).... I got them from http://grips4u.net/product/cz-75-replacement-grips-checkered/  ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:05:04 PM by The Guardian »

Offline SP01bob

Re: My favorite CZ......
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »
Yeah, I really like guns with grips that match the gun well and you nailed it. How'd you learn and do the rust blueing?  It does look incredible, esp with the grips.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
How'd you learn and do the rust blueing?

Thanks man, I'll check that out!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The Guardian

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
The Guardian,
Nice work you did there on your 75!
That is a pretty cool look :)

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to inquire as to how you stripped the polycoat?

Regards,
Greg

First, thanks for the compliment......Second, I used a Rust-Oleum Aircraft Grade Stripper, 1 gallon, I picked up at Autozone....though you won't need it all but the small can isn't enough...just economics  ??? . There aren't really any shortcuts, just look over the tutorial links below.  Be aware, no matter what you use, these strippers are no joke......I didn't even go near them without protective eye-ware and thick (or doubled up regular) Nitrile gloves and long sleeved shirt.....learn from my lessons..... I'm sure there are other comparable products available but they too will be strong chemicals.  I would say let the slide and frame soak a minimum of 2 weeks, the links below will be very helpful they cover about 90% of what you need to know the other 10% you can figure out or just ask the question and I would be glad to give you the benefit of my experience.....the first link will be the most helpful, the second covers some things the first doesn't and is very good also.  ;)  The stripper will get 95% of the Poly off....the other 5% will require time and energy, of the manual sort....there are a lot of nooks & crannies that the Poly builds up in  ;D

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81305.0

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=89226.0

^^^^^ These CZ forum links are a bit more comphrehensive and applicable to the average enthusiast IMHO  :) ......plus as much as I like Larry and the Midway folks, they have state of the art stuff I can't afford  :-[
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:41:14 PM by The Guardian »

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »
My favorite CZ is the one I currently own, the P-10C.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 01:36:56 PM »
Rusty,
this gun looks better than CZ 75B you wanted to buy from me.
Outstanding job !!!
Congrats !

Offline tessitori

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 03:16:16 AM »
changed to some reasonably sized photos  ;D

amazing execution, looks ... fantastic!

The Guardian

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
changed to some reasonably sized photos  ;D

amazing execution, looks ... fantastic!

Appreciate the comment  :) ........thought this thread was long buried, thanks for taking the time to dig it up and comment!   At times I kind of get the itch to start up another project, I've been looking for a specific model CZ for that effort.....in fact every day now for four months, one will turn up eventually, and when done.......I will share the results   ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:28:39 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »
A truly unique 75BD all the way down to the grip screws. I like it, thank you for the pics.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

anything