Author Topic: Done with the NRA -- NRA wants to ban bumpfire stocks & other near f/a devices  (Read 13400 times)

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I would also expect binary triggers to be on the list. Another device I have absolutely no use for, but I have friends who enjoy them safely and legally.

Also, there is no mention of bumpstocks, slidefire, bumpski, etc. in it.  The wording is very open ended.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
I believe that is the idea, as they can use that to mean any type of trigger or trigger work, maybe force us all into bar triggers like on the Springfield M6, or just remove the ability to work on triggers, lightening pulls, faster rests, etc., everyone must have the equivalent of a New York Plus trigger in every semi auto firearm, and changing it would be a violation of law, complete with stickers like on the gas pumps, "Checked by Weights and Measures". Break the seal, go to jail.
I don't know if that is the ACTUAL intent, but things can be twisted far out of whack beyond where they were supposed to go, especially when worded as deliberately vaguely as possible.

Offline flattusmaximus78

The bill is open ended and people are still backing the NRA and what they said.

Offline Tenbones

Don't try to infringe my rights because someone else did something wrong either.

I totally agree! 

But, as long as there are people who design and manufacture these ridiculous and useless accessories, we are going to have this problem of "bleeped if we do, bleeped if we don't.  Any responsible gun owner realizes that some of these accessories have no practical value yet, if we come out against them, we are giving up our 2A rights, and if we defend them, we come across as crazed, irresponsible gun owners and shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

We can control our destiny, but we must be wise in how we do it.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Don't try to infringe my rights because someone else did something wrong either.

I totally agree! 

But, as long as there are people who design and manufacture these ridiculous and useless accessories, we are going to have this problem of "bleeped if we do, bleeped if we don't.  Any responsible gun owner realizes that some of these accessories have no practical value yet, if we come out against them, we are giving up our 2A rights, and if we defend them, we come across as crazed, irresponsible gun owners and shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

We can control our destiny, but we must be wise in how we do it.

So if you don't want one of these useless ridiculous accessories you have the right not to buy one. I have no use for one but if some dude wants to spend the afternoon in a field or at a range wasting ammo that's his RIGHT. Oh yea and if I do want one it doesn't make me an irresponsible gun owner just because you think you're on some moral high ground here.
By your logic then let's ban automobiles which exceed the posted maximum speed limits. These vehicles are dangerous and ridiculous and cause some of the most serious and deadly accidents on our highways. While we are at it these crotch rocket motorcycles that easily exceed 200 mph should be banned.No one needs such a dangerous machine for transportation. They kill people and those who own them are inherently dangerous people.
So many other useless and unsafe things out there in the world we need to ban so we can look brilliant, enlightened and, caring every time some lunatic misuses some item in an evil way.
Explain to me where it ends when you start banning things this way.
What if this looney in Las Vegas would have been using a run of the mill AR 15 without a bump stock? Would you feel the same if the anti's beat the assault weapons ban drum again? 
I'm not giving an inch to any one who wants to tell me what I can or can't have.

By the way remember the Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 and wounded 17 with just handguns.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:15:33 PM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Moken

For those that say, not one inch. Well that mule left the barn in 1934 (NFA). Get rid of NFA and we have no problems. That will happen right after the Pope becomes a Baptist. Just sayin'

For those that say, not one inch. Well that mule left the barn in 1934 (NFA). Get rid of NFA and we have no problems. That will happen right after the Pope becomes a Baptist. Just sayin'

I doubt if there are very many if any on this board who had any control over 1934 so that point is moot. Had there been a newswire in 1934 like we have today I doubt the NFA would have gotten passed.You're also talking the throes of the great depression (another government generated mess) so many people were merely trying to survive not even knowing there was an NFA in the works.
We can thank GOVERNMENT for just about all our problems then and today. Politicians are a metastatic cancer on society.

Offline Long_shot

My take is, "pick your battles". That being said, I won't battle anyone who suggests that these devices should be banned. Frankly, I've never liked them because they are clearly meant to circumvent law. There are much more important fights, such as national reciprocity and the hearing protection act. I'll fight those battles instead.

Offline RSR

When the agency in charge of interpreting and enforcing the law says they're kosher, they aren't "circumventing" the law no matter what you argue. 

"Pick your battles" and "throw your allies under the bus" are two entirely separate tactics.  The NRA did the former.

NSFW, but agree with Yankee Marshall here:

Offline WVNed

It's ok to ban stuff I dont like.

LOL
We have lost. Ready to be slaves.
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
Until a better 2A organization comes along to protect out rights, with as much clout and influence as the NRA, it's Our best protector.
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA

Offline WVNed

What about these people?

I am not getting NRA-ILA emails either so I looked. The windows 10 mail app seems to be filtering them out. They are in the main mailbox if I log in on the internet.
Surprise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:00:56 PM by WVNed »
WHAHOOOoooooooooo

Moken

I doubt if there are very many if any on this board who had any control over 1934 so that point is moot. Had there been a newswire in 1934 like we have today I doubt the NFA would have gotten passed.You're also talking the throes of the great depression (another government generated mess) so many people were merely trying to survive not even knowing there was an NFA in the works.
We can thank GOVERNMENT for just about all our problems then and today. Politicians are a metastatic cancer on society.
NFA is hardly a moot point. It's the basis for ALL current gun regulations and establishment of the ATF and giving the FBI "teeth".

NFA is hardly a moot point. It's the basis for ALL current gun regulations and establishment of the ATF and giving the FBI "teeth".

You missed the point. No one today had any control over 1934 so there's nothing that can be done about that now. ALL we can do is fight from here forward and not give them anything more. I will give up nothing no matter what laws they try to force down our throats. NOTHING!